New Album Called "13"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Damian View Post
    The last clip of the beginning of the fast-tempo song really grabs, doesn't sound old school, thats for sure. Although it did take a second for me to realize it wasn't another snip from Sabotage thrown in there.
    I agree entirely. I didn't want to judge too much, based on the snippets that we heard, but nothing that I could glean from the new material sounded remotely old, old, old school to me. There was none of that slow funeral dirge, sinister, vibe going on, and I have to admit that I had my heart set on some of that, and it might still be there for all I know. What I heard sounded more Sabotage like, but it is way too early to conclude anything. No matter how you slice it, we are lucky to be discussing a new album at all.

Originally posted by axeman_12656 View Post
    I think its great, and it speaks to the charector of the band, that they allow Brad Wilk to speak about the project and even be involved in videos like this one. Most bands in the position of a Black Sabbath never let "hired gun" styled musicians even be mentioned for what they do. If a person didn't know different already they would think that Brad is a full member of the group. I think its great that they welcome him that way. He must really have their respect.
    I agree, but I also think that this was a wise business decision, given the resistance by fans to the replacement of Bill Ward. By letting Wilk speak, they have started to create a human persona that people can warm up to, so that he is not still be seen as a resented interloper. By publicly showing acceptance of Wilk, the goal will be to have the fan base follow suit, and giving him some face time in the video is a wise move. Not to mention that these video vignettes are going to form part of the Deluxe Box Edition, and they should be well rounded and show the broad picture as it relates to the re-union, and the recording of "13".

Originally posted by KiloDeltaCharlie View Post
    The web site is selling it as "13", so I guess it must be what they are going with. But the cover hasn't been released yet (unless it's that text which looks much like the MOR cover), so I guess it would still be possible to change it.
    It will be interesting to see what they do with the cover. I would guess that "13" will be the final title, especially given its significance now with the video releases on 02/13 and 03/13. Everything that they have officially released to tantalize us re: "13" has been to the backdrop of the MOR motif, including the 11/11/11 presser, so I suspect that will be the official cover art as well. Having said that, they have potentially set things up for a big surprise, and a big switch of name and cover art on June 11th. We could all be in for a big surprise, or find that the answer has been in front of our faces all along.

What we should do as a group is drill down deeper and see if we can collectively figure out the significance of "13". Geezer said it was a fun poke at Ozzy. Perhaps we should throw out some ideas to build upon in this thread. Maybe "13" is completely arbitrary, but I doubt it. Maybe they agreed to re-unite, in principle, on a Friday the 13th, and Ozzy commented on it. Someone should be able to shed some light on this.
    Last edited by Now in Darkness; 03-13-2013, 04:39 PM.
    Casting his shadow, weaving his spell, funny clothes, tinkling bell.

Comment

• Originally posted by Damian View Post
      The last clip of the beginning of the fast-tempo song really grabs, doesn't sound old school, thats for sure. Although it did take a second for me to realize it wasn't another snip from Sabotage thrown in there.
      Yup I heard a bit o Sabotage there too.

Comment

• wonder what these 'hand written lyrics' are about..

Comment

• Tried to pre-order the deluxe CD and got a message saying the web page couldn't be displayed right after I submitted my order...
          Felt like I got scammed there for a minute.
          In the fields the bodies burning, as the war machine keeps turning.

Comment

• The clips sounded more than promising! And Ozzy sounded surpisingly strong. The excitement is starting to get the best of me

The fast song sounded very TDYK-esque to me.
            "The consequence of conscience/Is that you'll be left somewhere/Swinging in the air"-Ronnie James Dio (1942-2010) R.I.P. King Of Metal
            "Just take a look around you what do you see/Pain, suffering, and misery/It's not the way that the world was planned/It's a pity you don't understand" - Geezer Butler
            "If god is in heaven/How can this happen here" - Phil Lynott (1949-1986)

Comment

• Originally posted by -E5150 StarWanderer- View Post
              The clips sounded more than promising! And Ozzy sounded surpisingly strong. The excitement is starting to get the best of me

The fast song sounded very TDYK-esque to me.
              Tdyk had fast songs?

Comment

• Originally posted by WallOfSleep View Post
                Tried to pre-order the deluxe CD and got a message saying the web page couldn't be displayed right after I submitted my order...
                I got this message too. Did you try again?
                Monty Python and the Holy Grail pic extravaganza! http://www.black-sabbath.com/vb/showthread.php?t=31523

Comment

• Originally posted by erock View Post
                  wonder what these 'hand written lyrics' are about..
                  I would think that a look at an inner LP sleeve of Pink Floyd, "The Wall", will illustrate something comparable to what is in the "13" Box.
                  Casting his shadow, weaving his spell, funny clothes, tinkling bell.

Comment

• Ordered the Super Deluxe Box set. I can not wait for June and to listen to this record.

\m/ \m/
                    "I can honestly say itís truly been an honor to play at his side for all these years, his music will live on forever." ~ Tony Iommi (Speaking of Ronnie James Dio)

Comment

• Originally posted by OZZYIRONMAN View Post
                      Tdyk had fast songs?
                      I meant the overall feel/tone of the clip, but you've got a point

But in all seriousness, TDYK had Neverwhere, Double The Pain and Eating The Cannibals that were all uptempo tracks. The album is slow, but there were enough fast tracks to balance the doominess for me. The track order didn't help though.
                      "The consequence of conscience/Is that you'll be left somewhere/Swinging in the air"-Ronnie James Dio (1942-2010) R.I.P. King Of Metal
                      "Just take a look around you what do you see/Pain, suffering, and misery/It's not the way that the world was planned/It's a pity you don't understand" - Geezer Butler
                      "If god is in heaven/How can this happen here" - Phil Lynott (1949-1986)

Comment

• Originally posted by H&H View Post
                        Ordered the Super Deluxe Box set. I can not wait for June and to listen to this record.

\m/ \m/
                        I'm considering that set too. But it'll be a bummer to not have a physical copy on day 1.

Comment

• Ordered the Deluxe box. One thing I just considered. They never said the handwritten lyrics were going to be by someone in Sabbaths hand. Who's handwriting will it be? Ohhh I don't know... Sharon Osbourne? Brad Wilk?

Or

Last edited by devstorm; 03-13-2013, 07:59 PM.
                          The best blueberry muffins I ever had landed 6 people in prison, three for life.

Comment

• Gave in and ordered the box. The shipping is a killer, but I've no doubt it'll be worth it, and I wanted that dvd.

Comment

• Originally posted by WallOfSleep View Post
                              Tried to pre-order the deluxe CD and got a message saying the web page couldn't be displayed right after I submitted my order...
                              Originally posted by Icy Sun View Post
                              I got this message too. Did you try again?
                              I just tried to order the Deluxe boxset and got the same message, maybe somethings wrong with the webpage?
                              "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
                              "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
                              ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

• Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
                                I just tried to order the Deluxe boxset and got the same message, maybe somethings wrong with the webpage?
                                I was able to order it with no trouble, but you may be right, especially if you're not the only one getting it.

Comment

Working...
                                X