Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Album Called "13"

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Was gonna say also that if you paid with paypal they'd take it straight away.

    Comment


    • I don't quite understand the benefit in "pre-ordering" the album unless it meant you would get it before the release date. That won't happen because of a fear of leaks. I'm gonna wait until Amazon lists it. They are simply the best online store I have ever dealt with.

      and here it is! http://www.amazon.com/13-Deluxe-Edit...ack+sabbath+13

      As far as the album I have to admit I have mixed feelings. I want it to be damn good but I don't want it to be better than TDYK because I'm a Dio guy. Silly, I know. "13" will likely be better because of all the time they had and the ability to learn from past mistakes (Dio Sabbath made no real mistakes they went 4 for 4 on studio albums) and the benefit of budget and a producer with a proven track record. I just with RJD would've had the same opportunity. All in all I'm looking forward to "13" and am confident it's going to be rock album of the year
      Last edited by YADF; 03-17-2013, 10:55 AM.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by YADF View Post
        I don't quite understand the benefit in "pre-ordering" the album unless it meant you would get it before the release date. That won't happen because of a fear of leaks. I'm gonna wait until Amazon lists it. They are simply the best online store I have ever dealt with.
        I've pre-ordered on scandinavian net-shop cdon.com where pre-ordering is cheaper, and most likely i'll have the album in the mail-box on release-date.
        95% of everything i say is pure bullshit just for the fun of it. The other 95% is damn serious!
        Til įrs ok frišar ok forn sišr

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Billy Underdog View Post
          I've pre-ordered on scandinavian net-shop cdon.com where pre-ordering is cheaper, and most likely i'll have the album in the mail-box on release-date.

          I did the same.A lot easier
          I receive an invoice to pay when I get the CD in my mailbox

          Comment


          • As long as it's better than technical ecstasy or never say die then it'll be a success!, not too bothered about anything after ozz, heaven and hell was ok I suppose. Bring it on!
            Also that vinyl box set....... Do not bother people!, master of reality is not even in the inverted vertigo label, it's that spaceship thing! Grrrrrr
            Vote leave if u want totally cool either way

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Spiralarchitectx1 View Post
              As long as it's better than technical ecstasy or never say die then it'll be a success!, not too bothered about anything after ozz, heaven and hell was ok I suppose. Bring it on!
              Also that vinyl box set....... Do not bother people!, master of reality is not even in the inverted vertigo label, it's that spaceship thing! Grrrrrr
              haha imagine if I had those expectations... If the new album is half as good as either TE or NSD it's a success for me. I guess you don't like those albums as much as I do. As for the box set, I don't get your reference to master of reality. Do you mean the 180g 2LP deluxe edition of MoR? I have that set, it's great, I wasn't expecting any specific inverted vertigo label or anything when I bought it, just a great looking package and the great bonus tracks along with incredible sound quality (as "good" as the sound quality gets with that muddy production, but that muddiness is a great part of the charm of the album for me so of course I wasn't expecting "good" production in the sense of it sounding clear and sparkly).
              "I am the crazy man who lives inside your head, but I think I'm breaking through the wall... You are the innocent convicted of the crime, no one was ever there to catch you when you fall" (1992)
              -Ronnie James Dio, Rest in Peace

              "In the summer days we flew to the sun, on melting wings, but the seasons changed to fast, leave us all behind... Blind..." (1969)
              - Jon Lord, Rest in Peace

              My first album!!!:
              http://open.spotify.com/album/60jv1AdlWvi1KlcR8JhG4b

              Comment


              • Well, I speak for myself but I don't believe for 1 min. Rick Ruben and Tony/Ozzy/Geezer are going to release anything that's only "half as good as Tech Extasy and NSD.." I surely would be very dissapointed if that's all we got, the half as good as the downward slide that BS was on the last couple of Ozzy albums 34 something years ago... ??? I should hope not!
                "Music is so sacred to me that I can’t hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
                R. Blackmore

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Wicked Cricket View Post
                  Well, I speak for myself but I don't believe for 1 min. Rick Ruben and Tony/Ozzy/Geezer are going to release anything that's only "half as good as Tech Extasy and NSD.." I surely would be very dissapointed if that's all we got, the half as good as the downward slide that BS was on the last couple of Ozzy albums 34 something years ago... ??? I should hope not!
                  I agree technical ecstasy was a turd but nsd was good. It was slick and less dark than the Sabbath of the first 6 so I can understand how fans might not like it for its progressiveness. some people want the same albums over and over again

                  Comment


                  • there simply would be no point for the "original 3" to return to the most awful phase of Black Sabbath. They're going to do something good, not some de-evolution into the worst of their past. If anything, we're expecting something more like the first albums!

                    Comment


                    • It's not that I don't like the "progessive" period, and no, I don't want the "same old thing from the past", EXCEPT, the vibe and darkness, AND GREAT RIFFS, that made them who they were... if Sabbath only made albums like TE and NSD.. they would not have been the influential HOF'ers they are, plain and simple, those last 2 albums represent a time when they were changing and moving into Queen-like areas to "survive"... the the Paranoid / MOR era was 5 years over it's born on date (expiration) by then.. believe me, I was there... Disco and Punk had put a wooden stake in Sabbath's heart...and Purple's and Zep's.. it was change or die as they were... SURE THEY COULD STILL DRAW A LIVE CROWD, but album sales plummeted,...the split was inevtiable... what band stays together after 5-10 yrs anyway... and remains relevant? Very few... and Pop culture media waise, HARD ROCK, (aka Heavy Metal), was DEAD, DEAD, DEAD in 1978-79.... no one could have predicted the 1980 resurgance of what would become the Heavy Metal decade (the 80's), and the rise to the top of Pop Culture and Metal, Ozzy Osbourne, former singer of Black Sabbath... who before he bit the head off a dove, and released his own solo career, was just another nameless face in the band, Back Sabbath, outside die hard Sab fans...no one knew them by name, the individuals were NOT stars, believe me... that's why Ozzy's career shocked me, I thought he was down for good after Sabbath kicked him out.... And Tony Iommi was NOT ever considerred in the discussions of who were the best guitarists, back in the 70's... his name never came up, it was always, Clapton, Hendrix, Page, Santanna, even Blackmore didn't get his due... it use to drive me crazy!

                      As good as Rainbow Dio era was, they're record sales sucked, which is why Blackmore wanted to make changes.. Robin Trower's best album was behind him, B.O.C. wasn't doing much, Judas Priest was just getting started and weren't a top selling band, until the 80's...Jeff Beck was quoted as saying "in 10 yrs guitar will be replaced by synthesizers.." things looked pretty bleak... my only gripe about 80's metal was too many bands sounded alike and the "over the top" jumping around like apes on stage... I preferred the cooler less hectic "professionalism" of the earlier forefathers of rock, but times change and these bands needed to generate their own buzz... like the Motley Cruz's'''
                      Last edited by Wicked Cricket; 03-18-2013, 11:21 AM.
                      "Music is so sacred to me that I can’t hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
                      R. Blackmore

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Wicked Cricket View Post
                        It's not that I don't like the "progessive" period, and no, I don't want the "same old thing from the past", EXCEPT, the vibe and darkness, AND GREAT RIFFS, that made them who they were... if Sabbath only made albums like TE and NSD.. they would not have been the influential HOF'ers they are, plain and simple, those last 2 albums represent a time when they were changing and moving into Queen-like areas to "survive"... the the Paranoid / MOR era was 5 years over it's born on date (expiration) by then.. believe me, I was there... Disco and Punk had put a wooden stake in Sabbath's heart...and Purple's and Zep's.. it was change or die as they were... SURE THEY COULD STILL DRAW A LIVE CROWD, but album sales plummeted,...the split was inevtiable... what band stays together after 5-10 yrs anyway... and remains relevant? Very few... and Pop culture media waise, HARD ROCK, (aka Heavy Metal), was DEAD, DEAD, DEAD in 1978-79.... no one could have predicted the 1980 resurgance of what would become the Heavy Metal decade (the 80's), and the rise to the top of Pop Culture and Metal, Ozzy Osbourne, former singer of Black Sabbath... who before he bit the head off a dove, and released his own solo career, was just another nameless face in the band, Back Sabbath, outside die hard Sab fans...no one knew them by name, the individuals were NOT stars, believe me... that's why Ozzy's career shocked me, I thought he was down for good after Sabbath kicked him out.... And Tony Iommi was NOT ever considerred in the discussions of who were the best guitarists, back in the 70's... his name never came up, it was always, Clapton, Hendrix, Page, Santanna, even Blackmore didn't get his due... it use to drive me crazy!

                        As good as Rainbow Dio era was, they're record sales sucked, which is why Blackmore wanted to make changes.. Robin Trower's best album was behind him, B.O.C. wasn't doing much, Judas Priest was just getting started and weren't a top selling band, until the 80's...Jeff Beck was quoted as saying "in 10 yrs guitar will be replaced by synthesizers.." things looked pretty bleak... my only gripe about 80's metal was too many bands sounded alike and the "over the top" jumping around like apes on stage... I preferred the cooler less hectic "professionalism" of the earlier forefathers of rock, but times change and these bands needed to generate their own buzz... like the Motley Cruz's'''
                        I think you're presuming that the enitire world followed suit to what you experienced in your part of the US, but there's just not very much evidence to support an overall "plummeting" in sales that you describe. Technical Ecstasy was #13 in the UK and Never Say Die! was # 12. This is not to say that the impact of punk and disco was not felt, but the extent to which it impacted a band like Sabbath is one I suspect that you are greatly exaggerating.

                        Don't get me wrong, things weren't as good as they had been, but I think the story of Sabbath's decline has been so greatly exaggerated in order to write the story of their resurgence. I mean, they were still playing Madison Square Garden in 1978, so how bad could it have been?

                        I do agree that Iommi was underrated in the US for many years, but I think that was more about the press than anything. Fortunately, he's more than made up that ground now, as he is rightly considered one of the greatest rock guitar players of all time.
                        Last edited by Jeff; 03-18-2013, 11:31 AM.
                        "It is not opinion that Ozzy peaked on Sabotage, it is a measurable fact."
                        -WTB

                        Comment


                        • Agree, Euro, Asian, "World" sales were better than the US, but serioisly, #13 or #12 in the UK is like saying #13 in New Hampshire.... the US is THE market, if you aren't selling there, your not going to last long, WB's the Sab's parent record label ended up dropping them once the last contracted album was delivered, 7th Star... in reality the split between Ozzy and the band was the best thing to happen to both of them, but clearly, Ozzy easily came out much stronger.... as good as H&H and Mob Rules were, BS couldn't touch Ozzy in terms of record sales, live tours$ or popularity... and the divide would only get deeper in sales as Iommi continued to drag multiple faceless bands out parading them as "Black Sabbath".

                          I did say they could still draw a live corwd, but the NSD tour was greatly aided by a new WB band called Van Halen, who were blowing them off the stage every night, at least the Press saw it that way...
                          Last edited by Wicked Cricket; 03-18-2013, 12:04 PM.
                          "Music is so sacred to me that I can’t hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
                          R. Blackmore

                          Comment


                          • Just purchased the Super Deluxe Box Set right now. I cannot wait for this release. I was going to wait but I noticed it said Exclusive over the Box Set so it leads me to believe that it won't be for sale anywhere else. Will probably by the 2 CD Version as well. This was quite a bit cheaper than the Blizzard and Diary box set that I purchased a couple of years ago.
                            Religion won't save me
                            The damage is done
                            The future has ended
                            Before it's begun
                            - Damaged Soul - Black Sabbath

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by OZZYIRONMAN View Post
                              I agree technical ecstasy was a turd but nsd was good. It was slick and less dark than the Sabbath of the first 6 so I can understand how fans might not like it for its progressiveness. some people want the same albums over and over again
                              That's interesting, 'cos I always liked 'Technical Ecstacy' much better than 'Never Say Die!'. 'Never Say Die!' is more lethargic compared to 'Technical Ecstacy'. There's some strong songs on there that get bogged down by keyboards ("You Won't Change Me", "Backstreet Kids", "Dirty Women", "It's Alright") or strings ("She's Gone"), but it still holds up better as an album for me than 'Never Say Die!'. "Breakout" makes me wanna lapse into a coma, "Johnny Blade" freaks me out for some reason and, other than "Over To You", the title track and "A Hard Road", I don't tend to play the album much. Ozzy's vocals aren't all that inspired.

                              There's no way Sabbath would release a clunker of an album at this point. Let the doubting Thomas' think the album will be only so-so, so we can watch 'em all eat their words as they too get blown away by '13'. Just the fact that vibe-wise it harkens back to the first three albums is what has me excited. The Rodger Bain produced stuff, recorded all in a matter of hours or days, still sounds fresh: timeless.

                              I too am gonna pre-order the super deluxe version. '13' will be the first, brand new album release I'll be getting on vinyl in a dog's age. That, and I am psyched to see what's on disc 2 as well as on the dvd!

                              Last edited by hand of 'schrooms; 03-18-2013, 02:10 PM.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by hand of 'schrooms View Post
                                I am psyched to see what's on disc 2 as well as on the dvd!
                                The DVD will be comprised of the "In The Studio" releases that we have seen.
                                Casting his shadow, weaving his spell, funny clothes, tinkling bell.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X