No announcement yet.

New Album Called "13"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope somehow that Brad Wilk does the tour, too. I don't think Rage Against The Machine has any gigs lined up anytime soon. The Sabbath stuff deserves to be played by as good of a drummer as they can get, if it can't be Bill. Brad's drumming on the Rage and Audioslave stuff is what stands out to me. Tom Morello's inventive way with the guitar is one thing, and Zach de la Rocha's vocals another, but the groove of Brad Wilk is what sold me.

Show 'em all how it's done once more. May it happen so we can listen and bow down in unmistakeable awe!

\m/

Comment

Originally posted by hand of 'schrooms View Post
      I think it's awesome that Brad Wilk is doing the drumming honors on '13'. Apparently he was suggested by Rick Rubin. I have nothing against Tommy Clufetos or anything, but I wasn't too gung-ho about some of his drumming on Ozzy's 'Scream'. Brad Wilk can play like a mofo, and if he can latch in to that sort of jazzy, time-signature-switcheroo thing that is patentedly Sabbath, then we're all in for something really special. Plus, out of one's peripheral vision reading the credits you can almost pretend that it says Bill Ward instead of Brad Wilk! Either way, an inspired choice for the drummer's throne.

I somehow vibe that is Sabbath album is gonna frickin' rule! Rick Rubin did a great job co-producing ZZ Top's new album 'La Futura' (with Billy Gibbons), and it's one of their coolest albums in eons.

I don't mind the album title '13'. If *anyone* can get away with naming an album '13', it's Black Sabbath. What I'm looking forward to is hearing how Tony channeled his illness-related duress into some killer riffs, Geezer penning some lyrics as well as Ozzy's vocals. Rick Rubin got a great vocal out of Ozzy back in 1997 when Ozzy did a cover of Status Quo's "Pictures Of Matchstick Men" with Type O Negative for Howard Stern's 'Private Parts' soundtrack. One of Ozzy's finest vocals, actually.

True, it's sad, crappy and whatnot that Bill isn't involved, but I still am super-psyched to hear this new album. No matter what, it's a full-length, original album with Ozzy on vocals in thirty-five years. God, I can't wait for this album to come out and blow people's minds. Then, all of the blowhards, doubting Thomas' and other assorted dickheads will bow to the inevitable truth: Sabbath STILL Rules! No one (but no one) can fuck with Black Sabbath. They invented the mold and somehow broke it at the same time. Respect!

cheers, One and All.
      Great post! I agree with every word!

Comment

what a shit name

Comment

Originally posted by hand of 'schrooms View Post
          What I'm looking forward to is hearing how Tony channeled his illness-related duress into some killer riffs.
          In the updated version of Iron Man Tony mentioned that as result of his recent health issues he has written some very dark music. Whether it is included on 13 remains to be heard.

Comment

It could be called "shit stain yellow #1" for all I care. I can't wait to hear what it sounds like. Thats what matters. Besides, not like all the old albums had great titles anyway. Ozzy's solo albums always had great titles though till the last few.
            www.downtrendmetal.com

Comment

Originally posted by Monster Boy View Post
              Awesome user name!
              Agree

Originally posted by IRON-MaN View Post
              hope we will have a single released sometime soon !
              I really don't. I hope we'll get no single, teasers, samples or leaks at all. I just wanna put on the album and hear everything for the first time...
              Ofcourse one could say that if any of this stuff would happen, i could just choose not to check it out, but we all know the temptation would be too big.
              95% of everything i say is pure bullshit just for the fun of it. The other 95% is damn serious!
              Til įrs ok frišar ok forn sišr

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Underdog View Post
                Agree

I really don't. I hope we'll get no single, teasers, samples or leaks at all. I just wanna put on the album and hear everything for the first time...
                Ofcourse one could say that if any of this stuff would happen, i could just choose not to check it out, but we all know the temptation would be too big.
                Yup!

When the snippets of TDYK were released (and the album eventually leaked on youtube) I avoided them like plague! I wanted to be surprised when I would put the disc on my cd-player for the first time....

I did allow myself to listen Bible Black beforehand though, and I was hooked from the get go!
                "The consequence of conscience/Is that you'll be left somewhere/Swinging in the air"-Ronnie James Dio (1942-2010) R.I.P. King Of Metal
                "Just take a look around you what do you see/Pain, suffering, and misery/It's not the way that the world was planned/It's a pity you don't understand" - Geezer Butler
                "If god is in heaven/How can this happen here" - Phil Lynott (1949-1986)

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Underdog View Post
                  Agree
                  Actually I feel the same ! but man ! June is just wayyyy too far from now , my assumption is that , for marketing reasons mainly , a single will be released and it will probably be the only new song performed live on their April/May tour set before the album gets its full official release by June !

Comment

Originally posted by IRON-MaN View Post
                    June is just wayyyy too far from now
                    Bowie's new album at March 11th and GTA V probably in April/May. These 5 and a half months will run by like... something fast...
                    95% of everything i say is pure bullshit just for the fun of it. The other 95% is damn serious!
                    Til įrs ok frišar ok forn sišr

Comment

• Originally posted by Billy Underdog View Post
                      Bowie's new album at March 11th and GTA V probably in April/May. These 5 and a half months will run by like... something fast...
                      GTA V and new Sabbath? That's going to be my whole summer right there...
                      "The lover of life's not a sinner
                      The ending is just a beginner
                      The closer you get to the meaning
                      The sooner you know that you're dreaming..."

RIP Ronnie James Dio

Comment

• Originally posted by hand of 'schrooms View Post
                        I have nothing against Tommy Clufetos or anything, but I wasn't too gung-ho about some of his drumming on Ozzy's 'Scream'.
                        Tommy didn't play the drums on Scream -- it was Kevin Churko.
                        Last edited by Soul Sucker; 01-15-2013, 10:08 PM.
                        Can you sleep at night, when you close your eyes
                        Do you think of all the pain from your lies
                        Or do you deny, you're responsible
                        For the victims of the sins you devised

Comment

• Originally posted by Soul Sucker View Post
                          Tommy didn't play the drums on Scream -- it was Rick Rubin.
                          I think you mean Kevin Churko, but great point Soul Sucker.
                          Religion won't save me
                          The damage is done
                          The future has ended
                          Before it's begun
                          - Damaged Soul - Black Sabbath

Comment

• If that was Churko then hes a hell of a drummer

Comment

• Just an observation Bill Ward / Brad Wilk ... B.W 4 letters in each name. Spooky :p

Comment

• Originally posted by WhiteSabbath View Post
                                Megadeth just titled thier last cd Thirteen. I am ready for this cd!!! I have waited years! I need this now. It must complete or they would not have advertised it. I hope to get a good version of Scary Dreams!
                                I believe they said that it won't contain any material from the 2001 sessions. I'd like to hear a good version too though!

Comment

Working...
                                X