New Album Called "13"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Drago View Post
    I think you mean Kevin Churko, but great point Soul Sucker.
    Derp... Yeah, I meant Churko. My bad.
    Can you sleep at night, when you close your eyes
    Do you think of all the pain from your lies
    Or do you deny, you're responsible
    For the victims of the sins you devised

Comment

• Originally posted by Soul Sucker View Post

Derp... Yeah, I meant Churko. My bad.
      Must be the beards

Comment

• Originally posted by OZZYIRONMAN View Post
        Must be the beards
        Probably
        Can you sleep at night, when you close your eyes
        Do you think of all the pain from your lies
        Or do you deny, you're responsible
        For the victims of the sins you devised

Comment

• The album title doesn't bowl me over, but its inconsequential to me, really. Who knows, maybe there's some conceptual tie-ins that aren't apparent right now. I'm just happy to see this thing starting to materialize into reality...I'll be buying it as soon as it hits the market.
          gadji beri bimba glandridi laula lonni cadori - Ball

Comment

• It's 'cause they got about 40.000 bucks to make the album, would be 10.000 per member, but since Bill's not in, it's 13...
            http://www.twitter.com/daniarrow

Comment

• The question is: is Brad Wilk going to use double kicks on the album or not?, and I hope that Geezer's bass playing doesn't get lost in the mix.
              Last edited by Edenbeast; 01-16-2013, 06:25 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ron Paul View Post
                How awful for a convalescing cancer patient that he had to dwell in dark emotions. There's life outside Sabbath and rock n' roll, even for brand Iommi.
                People cope in different ways. There is nothing awful about Tony channeling his emotions into music. Quite likely it provided a much needed outlet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Edenbeast View Post
                  The question is: is Brad Wilk going to use double kicks on the album or not?
                  As far as i know he haven't done in the past, so hopefully he won't start now...
                  95% of everything i say is pure bullshit just for the fun of it. The other 95% is damn serious!
                  Til įrs ok frišar ok forn sišr

Comment

• Originally posted by Billy Underdog View Post
                    As far as i know he haven't done in the past, so hopefully he won't start now...
                    He doesn't use double pedals and his kit ( picture shown at the recording studio) doesn't show one , Tony and Geezer don't like busy drummers anyway , quite sure Brad's drumming will be right in the pocket , more about serving the song , mood and band rather than overplaying , that's his drumming approach anyway.

As for Geezer's bass getting lost in the mix , don't worry , Rick seems to be a massive Sabbath fan , his main reference to the new recorded album is their debut album ( where Geezer is right up there in the mix , very close to what they sound live !) + according to Mike X , the band members will be having a close look on the final mix , bottom line is , nothing will be approved unless Ozzy/Iommi and Geezer are very happy with it !

Comment

• Originally posted by IRON-MaN View Post
                      As for Geezer's bass getting lost in the mix , don't worry , Rick seems to be a massive Sabbath fan , his main reference to the new recorded album is their debut album ( where Geezer is right up there in the mix , very close to what they sound live !) + according to Mike X , the band members will be having a close look on the final mix , bottom line is , nothing will be approved unless Ozzy/Iommi and Geezer are very happy with it !
                      That sounds like a good news to me. At least the chance the album getting horribly loud shall be extremely small!
                      Do you hear the thunder raging in the sky?
                      Premonition of a shattered world that’s gonna die.
                      In the age of reason, how do we survive?
                      The protocols of evil ravaging so many lives?

Comment

• Originally posted by LouiST View Post
                        That sounds like a good news to me. At least the chance the album getting horribly loud shall be extremely small!
                        I had the very same concerns (referring to Metallica's 'Death Magnetic' horrific compressed sound) in which I questioned to Mike X on the forums here , he said that apparently its more likely that particular problem wasn't from Rick's production team ( hinting at band interference with the final mix production) , no worries , I believe the mixing and production will be quite good if not likely impressive as well !

P.S - Maybe that's why having a sneak preview or a single released might actually help to get us more relief ed and relaxed till the album gets for full release in June ! I believe the album is the final mixing process in the time being.
                        Last edited by IRON-MaN; 01-16-2013, 11:04 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by IRON-MaN View Post
                          I had the very same concerns (referring to Metallica's 'Death Magnetic' horrific compressed sound) in which I questioned to Mike X on the forums here , he said that apparently its more likely that particular problem wasn't from Rick's production team ( hinting at band interference with the final mix production) , no worries , I believe the mixing and production will be quite good if not likely impressive as well !

P.S - Maybe that's why having a sneak preview or a single released might actually help to get us more relief ed and relaxed till the album gets for full release in June ! I believe the album is the final mixing process in the time being.
                          That's a double good news indeed! Hell I really wish there a leak of the whole album muhahahaha just to have a relief.
                          But I'll buy it anyway. :D
                          Do you hear the thunder raging in the sky?
                          Premonition of a shattered world that’s gonna die.
                          In the age of reason, how do we survive?
                          The protocols of evil ravaging so many lives?

Comment

• dont you think sabbath wants this new cd to be the best?

Comment

• Originally posted by ronn View Post
                              dont you think sabbath wants this new cd to be the best?
                              No, they most likely want it to be as mediocre as possible.

But the usual mantra about a new album is "I think it's the best we've done so far". To be fair, it would be pretty odd for artists to say that "this lp doesn't really live up to it's predecessors, but I hope you people still buy it".
                              "The consequence of conscience/Is that you'll be left somewhere/Swinging in the air"-Ronnie James Dio (1942-2010) R.I.P. King Of Metal
                              "Just take a look around you what do you see/Pain, suffering, and misery/It's not the way that the world was planned/It's a pity you don't understand" - Geezer Butler
                              "If god is in heaven/How can this happen here" - Phil Lynott (1949-1986)

Comment

• Originally posted by OZZYIRONMAN View Post
                                Just an observation Bill Ward / Brad Wilk ... B.W 4 letters in each name. Spooky :p
                                If you switch some letters around you can get Bill Ward out of the name Brad Wilk, if you drop the k and add an extra L to it.
                                "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
                                "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
                                ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

Working...
                                X