No announcement yet.

New Album Called "13"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another reason I feel confident that Ozzy will sound great on this is that Rick Rubin is one of few people in the industry who has the reputation and ability to actually look at Ozzy Osbourne and say "No, do it again... that ain't gonna cut it". I think most producers would cower if Ozzy decided it was good enough and he is done and ready to move on. Rick could push him where others couldn't.
    Last edited by axeman_12656; 04-08-2013, 11:39 AM.
    www.downtrendmetal.com

Comment

• Originally posted by axeman_12656 View Post
      Another reason I feel confident that Ozzy will sound great on this is that Rick Rubin is one of few people in the industry who has the reputation and ability to actually look at Ozzy Osbourne and say "No, do it again... that ain't gonna cut it". I think most producers would cower if Ozzy decided it was good enough and he is done and ready to move on. Rick could push him where others couldn't.
      Right! You even see him doing that on the in studio clip
      Last edited by OZZYIRONMAN; 04-08-2013, 01:47 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by OZZYIRONMAN View Post
        He meant he can forgive a lot but he wouldn't forgive that if that was one. Highly unlikely since Sharon is Jewish and his kids with Sharon are half Jewish. And YADF, how could you call Ozzy a douchebag?
        Exactly. I should probably add "animal abuser" to things I couldn't tolerate. That's one of the reasons I considered Ozzy of the douchebag variety. I saw Ozzy on Howard Stern (a total douchebag himself) and he allowed Howard to make him look like he really has no remorse over killing innocent animals despite what it said in his book. He did manage a barely audible "I wouldn't do that today" but seemed to get a laugh out of the slaughtering cats bit. I felt like "Ozzy, where's your spine? Don't let that nitwit Howard reduce you to your image. You're $#@! Ozzy Osbourne and he's a wanker". Just examples like that and of course the reality show. I expect such idiocy from an inferior like Gene Simmons but not Ozzy- the "King Of Rock & Roll".

But I don't consider him a douchebag anymore. I think he's undone a lot of the damage. But, in the end and again, other than him revealing he's a holocaust-deniar, racist or animal abuser I don't care. I'm going to continue to enjoy his art uninhibited.

Comment

• Another north american tour date tour date has been announced. August 24th at the Gorge in Washington. Tickets go on sale this Saturday at 10am. I expect more dates will be announced today or tomorrow.

Comment

• Originally posted by YADF View Post
            But I don't consider him a douchebag anymore. I think he's undone a lot of the damage. But, in the end and again, other than him revealing he's a holocaust-deniar, racist or animal abuser I don't care. I'm going to continue to enjoy his art uninhibited.
            So...he's not a douchebag and you'll enjoy his art as long as he isn't racist or a nazi. What exactly was the point of even bringing that up?
            ***Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of other internet people, the internet police or the internet in general. It is to be assumed that all sentences are automatically followed by "IMO, BUDDY" as to not offend other internet people and start an internet fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by hipster doofus View Post

So...he's not a douchebag and you'll enjoy his art as long as he isn't racist or a nazi. What exactly was the point of even bringing that up?
              I agree, weird place to draw the line lol

---------- Post added at 12:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:49 PM ----------

The diddler former drummer from priest would be a-ok i guess because hey a least he acknowledges the holocaust happened.

Comment

• Originally posted by Now in Darkness View Post
                It is also interesting to note that I don't think that I have read two opinions that are the same from the Ozzy / auto-tune pundits. Some say yes; some say no; others say maybe; others say reverb. That speaks to a lot of speculation, and very little expertise. Personally, I honestly don't know, or care. I listened to the clip, noticed my foot was tapping on the ground, and I was optimistic about the future. I may be simple, but that's how I assess music, and I do not think that it is a foregone conclusion that music must be bad if the vocals have been treated on some level. Two seemingly knowledgable people commented below, and it's hard to know what to think, but the vocal effects can't be that bad if people can't agree if they are even there:
                Perhaps my favorite post in this entire thread. Thank you. So many experts, yet even they cannot agree. I still cannot even begin to understand comparing a 64 year old Ozzy to a 25 year old Ozzy. I'm truly hoping for all the best for Ozzy, Tony and Geezer. So many hounds waiting to chew this album up and spit it out.
                Last edited by hipster doofus; 04-08-2013, 01:02 PM.
                ***Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of other internet people, the internet police or the internet in general. It is to be assumed that all sentences are automatically followed by "IMO, BUDDY" as to not offend other internet people and start an internet fight.

Comment

• I'll take a 64 yr old Ozzy over almost any 25 yr old metal singer today, the queer screaming crap like some sort of possesed warewolf, that passes for "singing", sad young kids today don't know true talent, they've been weened on Idol, Voice and all the other reality horseshit that passes for true ARTISTIC talent... God, I'm starting to sound like my parents! But it's true!
                  "Music is so sacred to me that I can’t hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
                  R. Blackmore

Comment

• O2 priority tickets go on sale wednesday 10th april at 9am it says on the site, but then i read on the terms they are available a day before that? bit confusin

Comment

• Hello everybody! Nice to write in this wonderful forum which I've been following for so long.

I just ordered the 2CD deluxe version of the new album via the official site. Do you know when are they supposed to start shipping? Maybe a week prior to the release date?

It's just the first time ever I pre-order an album ) I only did it for fuckin SABBATH!

Comment

• To be honest I very rarely pre-order cause I usually don't get them till a week after. But I also preordered the box set cause its only available thur the website.
                        www.downtrendmetal.com

Comment

• 2013 live show itinerary:

Past:

STONE – the last show, right here in my home town
                          ERJA LYYTINEN - my second show, right here in my hometown
                          GAMMA RAY - Hellish Rock part II, Tampere
                          HELLOWEEN - Hellish Rock part II, Tampere

Upcoming:

OVERKILL – my first show, right here in my hometown

DORO - my second show, Nosturi, Helsinki

AMON AMARTH - Nummirock Festival

ABHORRENCE – comeback show, Tuska Festival
                          WINTERSUN – comeback show, Tuska Festival
                          AMORPHIS- Tuska Festival
                          KING DIAMOND – comeback show, Tuska Festival
                          BOLT THROWER – my first show, Tuska Festival
                          KREATOR - Tuska Festival
                          TESTAMENT – my first show, Tuska Festival

TOTO – 35th Anniversary Show, my first show, Pietarsaari Sports Field

IRON MAIDEN – Maiden England 2013, Helsinki Olympic Stadium

J. KARJALAINEN - comeback show, Vauhtiajot, right here in my hometown
                          MICHAEL MONROE - Vauhtiajot, right here in my hometown

Originally posted by IRON-MaN View Post
                          BLACK SABBATH European tour 2013, Nov 20: Hartwall Arena, Helsinki, Finland
                          This is a fantastic year of hard rock & heavy metal. I just wish to have a ticket for that final show.
                          "He is the King of all kings, the keeper of light...He holds eternity's wings"

Comment

• Originally posted by Dagon View Post
                            I just ordered the 2CD deluxe version of the new album via the official site. Do you know when are they supposed to start shipping? Maybe a week prior to the release date?
                            Standard practice is that they will ship on or the day before, which is what REALLY sucks about pre-ordering. That's why I rarely do it. I've gotten stuff in the mail the day of release, and I've also waited up to a week. It's a gamble.

Comment

if you scroll back it had to do with the claim that no matter what Ozzy will get criticized concerning this project and I was explaining that some have issues with whomever sings for the band and why that might be. Baggage.

Comment

I agree 100% I couldnt see the point either.
                                Last edited by scorpio 2000; 04-08-2013, 02:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X