New Album Called "13"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jack the Stripper View Post
    well we should get a new song very shortly then if that's the case. New Zealand is only 11 days away. Surely they'll release a new song before they play it live?
    I reckon it'll be another 'Sabbath Day' this coming Saturday 13th. If it doesn't happen, then my name is Tony Iommi.

Comment

• Originally posted by Iconosphere View Post
      Has anyone else noticed in that small clip that the guitar is mainly in the left speaker, so as to let the bass ring out in the right speaker? The early albums had it the other way round. As they would appear on stage. I do wonder whether it's deliberately reversed just for now. And when the album comes out, they will be in the 'proper' places in the mix. We shall see.
      No the guitars are double tracked and panned to each side so they're coming out from both sides, while bass sits on center. It's only when it starts that only one guitar is heard on the right side before full band join in. This is more or less the standard mixing practice that's been heard on millions of metal records, as well as live shows. So nothing new there.

Comment

• Originally posted by axeman_12656 View Post
        Another reason I feel confident that Ozzy will sound great on this is that Rick Rubin is one of few people in the industry who has the reputation and ability to actually look at Ozzy Osbourne and say "No, do it again... that ain't gonna cut it". I think most producers would cower if Ozzy decided it was good enough and he is done and ready to move on. Rick could push him where others couldn't.
        Exactly how I feel... a band needs a producer who's a fan first and foremost, and who's not afraid to say.. "go try that again.." or "try a few different solos there..." Lots of people were nay sayer on Rubin, I was in his camp from day one... the guys been pinning to produce a BS album since the 90's...
        "Music is so sacred to me that I can’t hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
        R. Blackmore

Comment

• Originally posted by OZZYIRONMAN View Post
          Slow and doomy like tdyk? No thanks
          Are you trying to pick a fight? We get it you (with your often poor taste- zing!) don't like TDYK but he didn't mention it so why take a swipe?. Who cares what you like other than you?

Comment

• Originally posted by YADF View Post
            Are you trying to pick a fight?
            Yes he is...he is one of the (luckily) very few here who just try to provoke people with more than 80% of the posts...just let it be.

Comment

• Originally posted by Charger View Post

Yes he is...he is one of the (luckily) very few here who just try to provoke people with more than 80% of the posts...just let it be.
              Not trying to provoke. Opinions

Comment

• Slow and Doomy doesn't have to mean undynamic... Sabbath's at their best when slow and doomy with time changes... which is just what were going to get... 7, 8 9 min. songs have many changes in them, you can be sure of that... no need to bring TDYK up here... that's another thread under another catagory... Sabbath's going ot do what few if any great bands have achieved, making an album after so many years that fits into the catagory as CLASSIC!
                "Music is so sacred to me that I can’t hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
                R. Blackmore

Comment

• Dudes, learn to accept the fact that not everyone think Dio is the best thing since sliced bread and that everything he touched turned to gold. The way people keep bashing Ozzy around here, one should think it was a Dio-fan forum, not a Sabbath-forum. If anyone dare say anything slightly negative about Dio, they're suddenly trolling...

If OZZYIRONMAN want to express his dislike for TDYK, he's got every right to do so, for two reasons; first, there's something called freedom to express your opinions/freedom of speech. Second; he's right. TDYK sucked like a vacuum-cleaner (though not because it was sludgy, i personally hope there's lots of sludge on 13).

Edit: Sorry if i seem cranky, i just woke up after a little after-dinner nap. But i stand by every word.
                  Last edited by Billy Underdog; 04-09-2013, 09:06 AM.
                  95% of everything i say is pure bullshit just for the fun of it. The other 95% is damn serious!
                  Til įrs ok frišar ok forn sišr

Comment

• Of course Dio is a much better vocalist than Ozzy, but the songwriting and innovations of the first eight Ozzy-era albums have not been matched by anything that followed.
                    Last edited by ZepHead; 04-09-2013, 10:45 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wicked Cricket View Post
                      Slow and Doomy doesn't have to mean undynamic... Sabbath's at their best when slow and doomy with time changes... which is just what were going to get... 7, 8 9 min. songs have many changes in them, you can be sure of that... no need to bring TDYK up here... that's another thread under another catagory... Sabbath's going ot do what few if any great bands have achieved, making an album after so many years that fits into the catagory as CLASSIC!
                      I'm sure 13 will have dynamics. Not about song between song, but also within the songs. I remember a magazine saying that God Is Dead starts with Brad's drum, then comes the Hole in the Sky-like riff.

Ain't it great? In the Rick Rubin video we can see Brad doing drum intro, then the band kicks in with doomy, heavy riff. (probably solo too but I'm not sure) Then we have that Hole in the Sky-like riff from the artcover reveal video.

And I wonder: why can't I find a video which mixes the two parts together?
                      Do you hear the thunder raging in the sky?
                      Premonition of a shattered world that’s gonna die.
                      In the age of reason, how do we survive?
                      The protocols of evil ravaging so many lives?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ron Paul View Post
                        You've complained about those who criticize Ozzy and the new album but you don't like it when the tables are turned.
                        I neither understand your point or what incident you're referring to, so please enlighten me to when that/those specific events occurred and/or show me a quote.

Originally posted by Ron Paul View Post
                        There's no objectivity there at all. New album supporter or not, ozzyironman is a first class troll.
                        There's something about the pot calling the kettle black...
                        95% of everything i say is pure bullshit just for the fun of it. The other 95% is damn serious!

Comment

• Originally posted by OZZYIRONMAN View Post
                          Baba Booey to you!
                          Baba Booey right back atcha, man! Can't wait 'til the show comes back on live next week, although this week's best-of series is really good. Cheers!

Comment

• Originally posted by ZepHead View Post
                            Of course Dio is a much better vocalist than Ozzy.
                            That certainly is a matter of opinion, and I can't share your view on this one. Having said that, personal taste is personal taste, and no two people are alike. There is no right or wrong when it comes to your favorite flavor.

On another note, I may be stating the obvious here, but it looks like Sabbath will only be playing Ozzy era material on the upcoming tour. We see that suggested in the Black Sabbath website, and the fact that it is Ozzy-era-centric, but also Geezer's recent comment alludes to that as well when asked what they will be playing on the tour:

"Well, since all our albums date back to the 1970’s, that is the decade we will be dealing with. We always have to play the staples, such as Iron Man, Paranoid, Black Sabbath, War Pigs, Children Of The Grave, but it’s good to include more obscure stuff."

Maybe this was common knowledge already, but I was not sure whether they would play some of the non-Ozzy classics; my guess is they won't be playing any non Ozzy era material at all. In a way that makes sense, because Ozzy's voice and style really only lends itself to the songs that he sang.
                            Last edited by Now in Darkness; 04-09-2013, 09:53 AM.
                            Casting his shadow, weaving his spell, funny clothes, tinkling bell.

Comment

• Originally posted by hand of 'schrooms View Post

Baba Booey right back atcha, man! Can't wait 'til the show comes back on live next week, although this week's best-of series is really good. Cheers!
                              Yeah its not bad (staff picks) the bad pitch stuff was friggin great

Comment

• Originally posted by Ron Paul View Post
                                That's exactly what I said.

One specific event is when you labelled a discussion "moronic" a few pages ago when people chose to talk about auto tune and the song clips. And in general you would always complain if anyone pointed out Ozzy's flaws while you have always loudly criticized or bashed Dio. I was not the one to complain about your posts about Dio. But you have a double standard in how you think the two singers should be treated.
                                ?????? I haven't expressed my opinion about the use of auto-tune or not at all regarding these clips. And i've let alot of both Ozzy-critizism and Dio-praise slip by without commenting lately. Ofcourse i stand up for Oz when i feel he's being treated too unfair, and i used to be quick to express my feelings about Dio, but how is that double standard? There IS a pro-Dio/anti-Ozzy bias here, and someone has to let the world know not everyone's on that band-wagon.

And since you weren't able to produce a single quote from me to back up your arguments, there's not really much legitimacy to your statements.

Feel free to respond, but i'm not going to be dragged into yet another off-topic discussion... I've had enough warnings... Have a nice day
                                Last edited by Billy Underdog; 04-09-2013, 09:46 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X