New Album Called "13"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Now in Darkness View Post
    On another note, I may be stating the obvious here, but it looks like Sabbath will only be playing Ozzy era material on the upcoming tour.
    ***Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of other internet people, the internet police or the internet in general. It is to be assumed that all sentences are automatically followed by "IMO, BUDDY" as to not offend other internet people and start an internet fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by ZepHead View Post
      Of course Dio is a much better vocalist than Ozzy, but the songwriting and innovation of the first eight Ozzy-era albums have not been matched by anything that followed.
      They're styles are so different, I wouldn't say Dio was a better vocalist, when a young Ronnie sang classic Ozzy songs they never sounded half as good as the Ozzy version... I'll take a 25 yr old Ozzy over almost any hard rock metal singer, there's no one imo who is a better singer for BS than Ozzy Osbourne... Dio is a great vocalist, unique voice who's sound & style completely changed BS' sound... I put Ozzy no.1, Dio no.2 in terms of fronting my favourite band... as far as pure singers go, I'd put a young Robert Plant, Ian Gillan and my all time fav., Paul Rodgers ahead of any of them...
      Last edited by Wicked Cricket; 04-09-2013, 10:28 AM.
      "Music is so sacred to me that I can’t hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
      R. Blackmore

Comment

• Dio is a much more skilled and capable vocalist than Ozzy, and unlike Ozzy, he didn't lose his voice five years after he started his career. That's something that I don't want to waste time arguing about.

Comment

• Originally posted by Billy Underdog View Post
          Dudes, learn to accept the fact that not everyone think Dio is the best thing since sliced bread and that everything he touched turned to gold. The way people keep bashing Ozzy around here, one should think it was a Dio-fan forum, not a Sabbath-forum. If anyone dare say anything slightly negative about Dio, they're suddenly trolling...

If OZZYIRONMAN want to express his dislike for TDYK, he's got every right to do so, for two reasons; first, there's something called freedom to express your opinions/freedom of speech. Second; he's right. TDYK sucked like a vacuum-cleaner (though not because it was sludgy, i personally hope there's lots of sludge on 13).

Edit: Sorry if i seem cranky, i just woke up after a little after-dinner nap. But i stand by every word.
          You are right, I don't get all the Ozzy bashing either, isn't he one of the members who founded Sabbath and it's sound with his voice?

I love Dio as well I have most all of his material from Elf onwards, this shouldn't become a battle of who's the better singer, it should be a gathering of Sabbath fans who are excited and grateful that original founding members have gotten together to give us an album.

That Ozzy vs. Dio battle is old, I think even Ozzy and Dio got tired of it after awhile.
          "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
          "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
          ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

• ENOUGH with the Ozzy Vs Dio trolling shit ! jeez grow up people , how many times do we have to get through this over and over again ? its really quite tormenting to go all through those nonsense childish arguments to read anything constructive and related to this topic ! please stick to the topic ! On a side note , it have already been declared a ZILLION time by the band , Mike X and many other reviewers that the album is more in the vein of the first 6 albums and more specifically the era between 1972 - 1975 ( Vol.4 , SBS and Sabotage) , so please refrain us from what you think or want the album to sound like till we AT LEAST hear a proper single from the album !

Comment

• Originally posted by LouiST View Post
              I'm sure 13 will have dynamics. Not about song between song, but also within the songs. I remember a magazine saying that God Is Dead starts with Brad's drum, then comes the Hole in the Sky-like riff.

Ain't it great? In the Rick Rubin video we can see Brad doing drum intro, then the band kicks in with doomy, heavy riff. (probably solo too but I'm not sure) Then we have that Hole in the Sky-like riff from the artcover reveal video.

And I wonder: why can't I find a video which mixes the two parts together?
              ENOUGH BICKERING KIDDIES! where is the togetherness? Shall we recall why we have all registered to loiter in this forum? Because we love BLACK SABBATH- not Ozzy, not Dio, but Black Sabbath which remains the legacy of 40 years impersonally so- and please, if you would like to tirade and squabble then form your own thread titled aptly "Grumpy lumps moaning of peace gone bemoaned" AND PLEASE- CAN WE REALIZE WHAT LouiST has INTERJECTED HERE?!? Can you imagine the heaviness of that rumbling drum introduction to the slow dragging doom riff that breaks into the fast groove of the 13-art-exposition riffage oh the glory!!! that would cure all ehh-s of the lackluster of the latest clip- if that gloom slow transitions to the hole in the sky riff I shall know forever more the classics have returned. I am cringing with the headbang and fist pumping all imagining the sound!

Comment

• Originally posted by Now in Darkness View Post
                That certainly is a matter of opinion, and I can't share your view on this one. Having said that, personal taste is personal taste, and no two people are alike. There is no right or wrong when it comes to your favorite flavor.

On another note, I may be stating the obvious here, but it looks like Sabbath will only be playing Ozzy era material on the upcoming tour. We see that suggested in the Black Sabbath website, and the fact that it is Ozzy-era-centric, but also Geezer's recent comment alludes to that as well when asked what they will be playing on the tour:

"Well, since all our albums date back to the 1970’s, that is the decade we will be dealing with. We always have to play the staples, such as Iron Man, Paranoid, Black Sabbath, War Pigs, Children Of The Grave, but it’s good to include more obscure stuff."

Maybe this was common knowledge already, but I was not sure whether they would play some of the non-Ozzy classics; my guess is they won't be playing any non Ozzy era material at all. In a way that makes sense, because Ozzy's voice and style really only lends itself to the songs that he sang.
                I think the theme now is that Black Sabbath is only Sabbath with Ozzy, that is what their official website suggests, and I don't think Ozzy would sing any Dio songs to begin with he hasn't in the past so I don't think he will now.

I hope no one participating on this thread takes my post out of context with the above statement, I mean that the band itself is suggesting that, not I.
                "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
                "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
                ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

• For the record i didnt say anything negative about dio here.

Comment

• Back to the topic. What's the ticket price for the UK shows?

Comment

• Originally posted by IRON-MaN View Post
                      ENOUGH with the Ozzy Vs Dio trolling shit!
                      Originally posted by descendingscales View Post
                      ENOUGH BICKERING KIDDIES! where is the togetherness?
                      I've been trying to avoid that age-old bullshit for a long time, but now i felt i had to stand up against what i thought was an unfair attack against OZZYIRONMAN.

Anyway; tickets go on sale now the 12th (atleast here in Norway), on the 13th we'll (hopefully) get some more news, a new studio-clip, or best of all; the first single. This is going to be a helluva awsome weekend!!!
                      95% of everything i say is pure bullshit just for the fun of it. The other 95% is damn serious!
                      Til įrs ok frišar ok forn sišr

Comment

Back to the topic. What's the ticket price for the UK shows?
                        62 Sterling , fair pricing if you ask me ...

Comment

Thanks. I agree, it's a fair price for a Black Sabbath concert.

Comment

Pretty much the same as elsewhere, ain't it? 600 NOK, 80 EUR...

For a nationally well known band in Norway (Black Debbath, Kvelertak, Shining) at the moment a usual price is 300 NOK, for semi-well known international bands/artists like Roky Erickson and The Residents (which is coming up soon) it's 400 NOK, so i'd say these are damn good prices for a band as big as Sabbath.

Don't know how much the cost for the Rihannas and Biebers are though, and i really couldn't care less...
                            Last edited by Billy Underdog; 04-09-2013, 12:05 PM.
                            95% of everything i say is pure bullshit just for the fun of it. The other 95% is damn serious!
                            Til įrs ok frišar ok forn sišr

Comment

• I'm really hoping the US west coast dates are in August, as my schedule in July is too crazy as it is; and that tickets don't cost an arm and a leg, because we're going to see this band no matter what, there is no choice. Really hoping we all get a single soon, and that it rocks all of our faces off, thusly:

Last edited by invisible man; 04-09-2013, 12:36 PM.

Comment

Dio is a much more skilled and capable vocalist than Ozzy, and unlike Ozzy, he didn't lose his voice five years after he started his career. That's something that I don't want to waste time arguing about.
                                Do you really think Dio could sing Sabbath Bloody Sabbath, pretty much anything on that album, or Sabotage? 2 completely different styles, so much so the music isn't even similar between Ozzy Sabbath and Dio Sabbath...who's better is subjective... to the individual... I prefer Ozzy because he is the voice of Black Sabbath, Ronnie is the 2nd best Sabbath vocalist, the only voice that could actually keep the band viable and legit, interesting enough to listen to. But Ozzy's octave level, maybe for only a short time was extensivly greater than Dio's ever was... Ronnie's a stylist... but he's pretty limited range wise... people with higher registers like Plant, Gillan, a Paul Rodgers (so much heart and soul), who blows everyone away (in my opinon of course.. ) generally "burn out" faster, vocal wise, though Paul Rodgers today sounds as good or BETTER than he did 30-40 yrs ago...

But I agree with you on this point, let'not waste time arguing about it... I think Ozzy is the better vocalist, you think Dio is... that's great..
                                Last edited by Wicked Cricket; 04-09-2013, 01:04 PM.
                                "Music is so sacred to me that I can’t hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
                                R. Blackmore

Comment

Working...
                                X