No announcement yet.

New Album Called "13"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I guess the Ozzy vs. Dio crap ain't going to stop.

Two very different singers, both great in their own right, both legends in their own time.

Dio has passed and continues the legacy, Ozzy is alive and well and continues the legacy.

I like the Ozzy songs sung by Ozzy only and the Dio songs sung by Dio only, no one else does them justice live but them. The only singer that I think in my humble opinion did the Dio Sabbath songs any justice was the late Ray Gillen, but that is just my humble opinion.

I hope we get to hear some more new material come the 13th of April, really looking forward to that!
    "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
    "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
    ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

• Originally posted by Wicked Cricket View Post
      Do you really think Dio could sing Sabbath Bloody Sabbath, pretty much anything on that album, or Sabotage? 2 completely different styles, so much so the music isn't even similar between Ozzy Sabbath and Dio Sabbath...who's better is subjective... to the individual... I prefer Ozzy because he is the voice of Black Sabbath, Ronnie is the 2nd best Sabbath vocalist, the only voice that could actually keep the band viable and legit, interesting enough to listen to. But Ozzy's octave level, maybe for only a short time was extensivly greater than Dio's ever was... Ronnie's a stylist... but he's pretty limited range wise... people with higher registers like Plant, Gillan, a Paul Rodgers (so much heart and soul), who blows everyone away (in my opinon of course.. ) generally "burn out" faster, vocal wise, though Paul Rodgers today sounds as good or BETTER than he did 30-40 yrs ago...

But I agree with you on this point, let'not waste time arguing about it... I think Ozzy is the better vocalist, you think Dio is... that's great..
      Ozzy had a great range in his prime, but that is just not true. The highest recorded note of Ozzy is an E5 (G#5 in falsetto), while Dio's is a G5 (A6 in falsetto). That's a whole step higher (only a half a step in the falsetto department though). Note that ones top end of vocal range isn't set by the highest falsetto notes, but the highest notes sung in the chest register.

What could create this "illusion" of Ozzy singing in a higher register than RJD is their styles. RJD was techincally astounding, and could sing long sections of relatively high notes purely in his chest register, which creates a darker, fuller timbre. Ozzy when singing higher has a much thinner tone, due to him mixing chest and head voices I believe.

But their songs are hard to sing for any singer, that's for sure
      "The consequence of conscience/Is that you'll be left somewhere/Swinging in the air"-Ronnie James Dio (1942-2010) R.I.P. King Of Metal
      "Just take a look around you what do you see/Pain, suffering, and misery/It's not the way that the world was planned/It's a pity you don't understand" - Geezer Butler
      "If god is in heaven/How can this happen here" - Phil Lynott (1949-1986)

Comment

• Originally posted by ZepHead View Post
        Dio is a much more skilled and capable vocalist than Ozzy, and unlike Ozzy, he didn't lose his voice five years after he started his career. That's something that I don't want to waste time arguing about.
        I don't think there is much merit to this argument.

Live recordings from the late 70s shows clearly reveal that Ozzy could often pull off the amazing; even if there was arguably an overall dip to his absolute prime. Live, his real voice troubles seemed to start during his solo career. And of course the overuse of effects and what not seemed to follow.
        "It is not opinion that Ozzy peaked on Sabotage, it is a measurable fact."
        -WTB

Comment

• People, this has nothing to do with the new album... Can't we all just talk about how much we look forward to whatever's going to be revealed on Saturday instead?
          95% of everything i say is pure bullshit just for the fun of it. The other 95% is damn serious!
          Til įrs ok frišar ok forn sišr

Comment

• Originally posted by Billy Underdog View Post
            People, this has nothing to do with the new album... Can't we all just talk about how much we look forward to whatever's going to be revealed on Saturday instead?
            What he said.
            ***Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of other internet people, the internet police or the internet in general. It is to be assumed that all sentences are automatically followed by "IMO, BUDDY" as to not offend other internet people and start an internet fight.

Comment

People, this has nothing to do with the new album... Can't we all just talk about how much we look forward to whatever's going to be revealed on Saturday instead?
              I'll second this...There is simply no point in all of this...This are strong opinions and no ammount of arguing will ever change them...and they will always lead to flaming and in the end personal attacks...let's be smarter and better than that shall we...

As it was said by some wise fellow earlier that's what's so great about Black Sabbath, there is something for everyone..some like Ozzy's era, some like Ronnie's era, some like Ian's era, some like Tony's era...and some like me, love 'em all. Couldn't we all just leave it at that.

Comment

Hopefully full album track list ( about time !) , proper high resolution image of the album artwork , a new video from the studio , an official announcement of whom will be drumming with the band on their upcoming '13' tour and keeping my fingers crossed ! a new SINGLE to be officially released !

Comment

AMEN!!! But Billy, weren't you one of the guys that was going to try to avoid all clips and single releases until the album came out? Pretty difficult huh?

Comment

• Originally posted by Wicked Cricket View Post
                    They're styles are so different, I wouldn't say Dio was a better vocalist, when a young Ronnie sang classic Ozzy songs they never sounded half as good as the Ozzy version... I'll take a 25 yr old Ozzy over almost any hard rock metal singer, there's no one imo who is a better singer for BS than Ozzy Osbourne... Dio is a great vocalist, unique voice who's sound & style completely changed BS' sound... I put Ozzy no.1, Dio no.2 in terms of fronting my favourite band... as far as pure singers go, I'd put a young Robert Plant, Ian Gillan and my all time fav., Paul Rodgers ahead of any of them...
                    Everyone is entitled to an opinion but Dio is known for his great voice. Ozzy is certainly not. Rarely outside Ozzy/Sab fansites does one EVER find Ozzy praised for his vocals. He's never been an exceptional singer but he has a mischievous tone and unique phrasing style that is very appealing. He's kinda the Bob Dylan of metal vocally. Not a great voice but he uses it brilliantly. I like it but just accept it Ozzy-philes: Dio is frequently ranked in the Top 5 or considered the NUMBER ONE metal vocalist ever. Ozzy is known for his persona more than anything else. He's a genius rock star but strip away the persona and songs he's associated with and you don't really have a singer's singer. Dio could sing anything and succeeded in four different bands. That doesn't mean you have to like his voice just because of his skill. I don't like Bruce Dickinson's or King Diamond's voice at all but both are phenomenal vocalists! Much better than Ozzy technically...but I like Ozzy better than both of them! But puh-lease.

Comment

• Listen to Classic rock radio or Ozzy's Boneyard this Thursday at 3 PM Eastern time. Just sayin'

Comment

The way people keep bashing Ozzy around here, one should think it was a Dio-fan forum, not a Sabbath-forum. If anyone dare say anything slightly negative about Dio, they're suddenly trolling...

If OZZYIRONMAN want to express his dislike for TDYK, he's got every right to do so, for two reasons; first, there's something called freedom to express your opinions/freedom of speech. Second; he's right. TDYK sucked like a vacuum-cleaner (though not because it was sludgy, i personally hope there's lots of sludge on 13).
                        Yawn. TDYK is too good for you. You can't handle or comprehend such awesomeness. Anyway, people do not bash Ozzy from what I've read. That's ridiculous. I see more negativity (it's actually insecurity by Ozzy lovers methinks) towards Dio. Ozzyironman took a swipe at TDYK when it wasn't even relevant to the post he responded to. Definitely troll behavior when there's obviously Dio fans on here. You can tell who they are because we're the smart ones- boom! kidding kidding relax!

Let me ask you a question. Is it okay for someone like myself to think Dio is the best but still dig Ozzy? Now if a Dio vs Ozzy debate breaks out I may contribute but in the end I still like them both.

Comment

• Originally posted by OZZYIRONMAN View Post
                          Listen to Classic rock radio or Ozzy's Boneyard this Thursday at 3 PM Eastern time. Just sayin'
                          If its anything other than GOD IS DEAD I'm gonna be mad at you!!!

Gonna tune into the Boneyard!!
                          www.downtrendmetal.com

Comment

• Originally posted by axeman_12656 View Post

If its anything other than GOD IS DEAD I'm gonna be mad at you!!!

Gonna tune into the Boneyard!!
                            No promises. I'll be at work so I might excuse myself for a few minutes and go out to the car.

Get your free Sirius trials at siriusxm.com
                            Last edited by OZZYIRONMAN; 04-09-2013, 05:46 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by YADF View Post
                              Let me ask you a question. Is it okay for someone like myself to think Dio is the best but still dig Ozzy? Now if a Dio vs Ozzy debate breaks out I may contribute but in the end I still like them both.
                              For the love of God, just stop it already. You like both! AWESOME! Move along...
                              ***Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of other internet people, the internet police or the internet in general. It is to be assumed that all sentences are automatically followed by "IMO, BUDDY" as to not offend other internet people and start an internet fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by hipster doofus View Post
                                For the love of God, just stop it already. You like both! AWESOME! Move along...
                                NAY! NOPE! NO! NYET! deal with it

Comment

Working...
                                X