Announcement

Collapse

Logins with New Software

If you are having problems staying logged in since the Jan 15 change to the new version of vBulletin, please go to your browser's configuration area, and delete the cookies for this website, and reboot your browser.

-- Joe
See more
See less

Ozzy Suffers Injuries In Fire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ozzy Suffers Injuries In Fire

http://loudwire.com/ozzy-osbourne-su...es-house-fire/

Sharon shared the story on her talk show today.
    Pain and Poison Roses

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Paul View Post
      ... how does throwing water on it spread the fire?
      The article says it was an "...oily fire...". Maybe it was an oil candle, rather than wax.
      gadji beri bimba glandridi laula lonni cadori - Ball

Comment

Oh ok. Can't say I even know what those are.
        Try heating a deep fryer to the point it starts to burn, then throw some water on it

Maybe the title 13 wasn't such a good idea after all..?
        95% of everything i say is pure bullshit just for the fun of it. The other 95% is damn serious!
        Til įrs ok frišar ok forn sišr

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Underdog View Post

Maybe the title 13 wasn't such a good idea after all..?
          Well, Sabbath have been doing all kinds of weird stuff since their very formation.
          Do you hear the thunder raging in the sky?
          Premonition of a shattered world that’s gonna die.
          In the age of reason, how do we survive?
          The protocols of evil ravaging so many lives?

Comment

Maybe it was Tony doing one of his pranks, since he can't light Bill on fire anymore...
            95% of everything i say is pure bullshit just for the fun of it. The other 95% is damn serious!
            Til įrs ok frišar ok forn sišr

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Underdog View Post
              Maybe it was Tony doing one of his pranks, since he can't light Bill on fire anymore...

Just imagine Ozzy's and Tony's pictures there
              "The consequence of conscience/Is that you'll be left somewhere/Swinging in the air"-Ronnie James Dio (1942-2010) R.I.P. King Of Metal
              "Just take a look around you what do you see/Pain, suffering, and misery/It's not the way that the world was planned/It's a pity you don't understand" - Geezer Butler
              "If god is in heaven/How can this happen here" - Phil Lynott (1949-1986)

Comment

Speaking of pranks I do wanna know what they have done to Rick Rubin
                Do you hear the thunder raging in the sky?
                Premonition of a shattered world that’s gonna die.
                In the age of reason, how do we survive?
                The protocols of evil ravaging so many lives?

Comment

You usually extinguish fires by cutting off the oxygen needed for combustion, when water smothers the fire, but since oil (or melted candle wax in this case) has a lower density than water it will float above water, therefore you can't cut off the oxygen supply for an oil fire with water. Also the problem is that they probably used a small amount of water to try to extinquish the fire and the water instantly turned into steam by the extreme heat generated by burning oil, and the exploding steam will shower burning oil droplets in all directions and spreads the fire.
                  Sorry to be boring but there ya go!
                  Do you believe a word what the good book says?
                  Or is it just a holy fairytale and God is Dead?

Comment

Originally posted by Fozzy View Post
                    You usually extinguish fires by cutting off the oxygen needed for combustion, when water smothers the fire, but since oil (or melted candle wax in this case) has a lower density than water it will float above water, therefore you can't cut off the oxygen supply for an oil fire with water. Also the problem is that they probably used a small amount of water to try to extinquish the fire and the water instantly turned into steam by the extreme heat generated by burning oil, and the exploding steam will shower burning oil droplets in all directions and spreads the fire.
                    Sorry to be boring but there ya go!
                    It also floats on water because it is non polar, while water is polar.

Back on topic: I hope this doesn't delay the tour, and that Ozzy recovers quickly.
                    Well I don’t want no preacher telling me about the god in the sky
                    No I don’t want no one to tell me where I’m gonna go when I die
                    I wanna live my life, I don’t want people telling me what to do
                    I just believe in myself, ’cause no one else is true

Comment

Wonder what it means for a new Ozzy look?
                      He didn't have the teleprompter to point him in the direction of the water bucket, and not the gas bucket. :D

Comment

Looks like Tony is gonna have to hook Ozzy up with a wig haha!! Seriously, it's good nobody got hurt any worse!!

Comment

Originally posted by LouiST View Post
                          Well, Sabbath have been doing all kinds of weird stuff since their very formation.
                          Indeed. To anyone who might disagree, I give you FX from Black Sabbath, Vol.4.

On topic: For all those awaiting the reunion, hopefully this won't derail anything.

Ted

Comment

I don't think it will derail the album or tour. After all Ozzy didn't need to go to the hospital after it happened. Singed eyebrows and a bit of hair isn't serious.
                            Last edited by OZZYIRONMAN; 01-20-2013, 10:03 PM.

Comment

It could only happen to Oz.
                              Life Member of the NRA

Comment

Working...
                              X