• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bands you would like to open for Black Sabbath

Topic says all.

Mine in no particular order:

Trouble
    Uncle Acid And The Deadbeats (Both them and Trouble to fit the groove Black Sabbath paved the way for)
    Van Halen (Where they left off back in 1978)
    Deep Purple (Role reversal of California Jam)

Last three chosen at random:
    Sodom
    Motörhead
    Anthrax

UPDATE:

Alice In Chains
    Soundgarden
    Last edited by 8bit Fighter; 03-12-2013, 12:08 AM.
    "Even with so much bad blood between us... It's funny... Now that I'm actually face to face with him again... The hatred is gone. All I feel is a deep sense of longing. And pity. Did Zero really hate me? Or... Did he fear me?" - Big Boss

Originally posted by 8bit Fighter View Post
    Deep Purple
    Motörhead
    Alice In Chains
    Soundgarden
    That'd be great. Don't think any Thrash-band would fit too much though... And i don't think DP would "lower" themselves to a supporting-act (but it would be cool as Gillan could come onstage to do some tunes from Born Again, or Out Of My Mind.

Originally posted by Ron Paul View Post
    Reunited King Crimson
    Arthur Brown? (Not heard him really)
    Beach Boys (still touring?)
    A reunited Crimson with Michael Giles and Greg Lake (a.k.a Court Of...-line-up) would be fantastic. Arthur Brown is great, but i really don't see him opening for Sab. Beach Boys live now is just Mike Love & friends, so is there any use in that...?

My own suggestions:

Cathedral, as a final farewell-tour (to complete the circle, so to speak).
    A super-group of Jack White, Slash, Jason Newstead and Zak Starkey doing tunes from Technical Ecstasy, Never Say Die! and other tunes the Sabs won't do themselves.
    GZR and Iommi doing a few selected tracks from their solo-catalogue (with lot's of guest-stars popping up for Iommi's stuff (yes, even Glenn Huges)).
    Rage Against The Machine. (so we know Brad Wilk will be touring with Sabbath too )

What they deserve: Metallica, AC/DC, or a re-united Guns' n Roses.

But i guess they'll go for local/teritorrial bands, if any...
    Last edited by Billy Underdog; 03-12-2013, 01:20 AM.
    95% of everything i say is pure bullshit just for the fun of it. The other 95% is damn serious!
    Til árs ok friğar ok forn siğr

Comment

Cathedral would be the #1 choice but they've already said they won't do live shows anymore. Just release the album and that's it.

Down or Black Label Society would be a good fit as well. Down opened for Sabbath during the 2007 H&H tour which I thought was really cool.

Motörhead or Alice Cooper (the Coop too opened for them already back in 07 and he's joining forces with Manson (yuck) this year though) would be fitting as well.

The ultimate thing would be Deep Purple / Black Sabbath double bill as Billy said that might open the door for a song from Born Again and Out Of My Mind, but I doubt that would ever happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Charger View Post
        Cathedral would be the #1 choice but they've already said they won't do live shows anymore. Just release the album and that's it.
        Don't you think Cathedral would've done just one more last tour if they were asked to open for Sabbath?
        95% of everything i say is pure bullshit just for the fun of it. The other 95% is damn serious!
        Til árs ok friğar ok forn siğr

Comment

Iron Maiden ... no wait!

A reformed Led Zeppelin?
          A reformed Sex Pistols?

Following appropriate rituals ... the Beatles

Seriously though, I like a few of the suggestions already made. I would add:

Judas Priest
          Black Country Communion

y'know, for when Ozzy's voice gives out!
          My name is Lucifer please take my hand.

Comment

Sleep is a good choice IMO.
            Do you hear the thunder raging in the sky?
            Premonition of a shattered world that’s gonna die.
            In the age of reason, how do we survive?
            The protocols of evil ravaging so many lives?

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Underdog View Post
              Don't you think Cathedral would've done just one more last tour if they were asked to open for Sabbath?
              Hahah yeah, they probably would have indeed.

Comment

Anything as long as it's NOT heavey metal....
                "Music is so sacred to me that I can’t hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
                R. Blackmore

Comment

Megadeth has a new album coming out around the same time. That would be an awesome tour!!
                  www.downtrendmetal.com

Comment

Wolf People (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJn9PwTCIQ4)

Comment

Definitely Motörhead, been wanting to see them for quite some time now

Comment

If I had to pick one, probably Slayer. But truthfully, I'd prefer to see 'An Evening With Black Sabbath'. Especially if this will be the last tour.

Comment

I'm with A Sabbath Historian, An Evening With Black Sabbath, would be best.
                          "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
                          "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
                          ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

bill ward band
                            beyonce
                            alicia please
                            slayer
                            scotty mcqueery

Comment

Originally posted by LouiST View Post
                              Sleep is a good choice IMO.
                              Sleep is a good choice, I have their Holy Mountain tape.
                              "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
                              "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
                              ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

Working...
                              X