Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Josef_K View Post
    I thought that was played mainly on Ozzy's ARP 2600
    All i know is i think i've read it was atleast written on a Moog, but i'm certainly not going to argue with you about synths...
    95% of everything i say is pure bullshit just for the fun of it. The other 95% is damn serious!
    Til įrs ok frišar ok forn sišr

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff View Post
      I suspect a far bigger reason why the setlists are somewhat predictable yet again is more to do with Ozzy's range than anything. He can't sing the higher stuff any longer and they have to deal with that in putting a setlist together.
      While Ozzy cannot sing all songs and isn't as flexible as he was back in the day, it should be kept in mind that when touring with Dio, the setlist wasn't exactly full of surprises either. I think it has more to do with the entire band being unwilling to leave their comfort zone. Still, introducing all these new songs in the new tour is rather unpredictable.

The blood runs free
      The rain turns red
      Give me the wine you keep the bread

Comment

Sabbath's no more "predictable" than any other artists for the most part... bands sometimes do a one-off full album, but seriously, any band's setlist consists of 90% their "standard classics..". Sabbath does a couple new songs, what else do people want? Are you touring with them and are sick of the setlist every night? Most people at a concert have maybe seen the band a couple 3 times, some their first time ever... they don't want to here War Pigs dropped in favor of St. Vitas Dance..!
        "Music is so sacred to me that I can’t hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
        R. Blackmore

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Cricket View Post
          they don't want to here War Pigs dropped in favor of St. Vitas Dance..!
          I would love them to do both. As i've said before: WP is THE best Sab-tune. And rarities like St. Vitus are highly welcome. I'd rather see them cut out Paranoid, but i know that'll never happen...
          95% of everything i say is pure bullshit just for the fun of it. The other 95% is damn serious!
          Til įrs ok frišar ok forn sišr

Comment

War Pigs dropped in favor of St. Vitas Dance..!
            St. Vitus, love that song one of my favorite off the VOL. 4 album.
            "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
            "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
            ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

Hmm, the 2 songs off Vol.4 that I consider the weekest are Tomorrows Dream and St. Vitas... Changes drags on a little too long too.. the rest of the album is a power house.. funny how eveyone has their own likes and dislikes and they vary so much...
              "Music is so sacred to me that I can’t hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
              R. Blackmore

Comment

Hmm, the 2 songs off Vol.4 that I consider the weekest are Tomorrows Dream and St. Vitas... Changes drags on a little too long too.. the rest of the album is a power house.. funny how eveyone has their own likes and dislikes and they vary so much...
                I'm not too fond of Changes, love the rest of the album.
                "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
                "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
                ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

Tomorrow's Dream?

Wow. To me ... this is such a masterpiece. It's no wonder they used it as a show opener on the '73 and early '74 tours. The guitar tones on it are absolutely sick, the vocal melody delicious and the Ward/Butler rhythms are to die for!

One thing I love on TD is the double bass drum work of Ward. So brilliantly crafted and restrained. A completely different use of double bass than what was popularized years later.
                  "It is not opinion that Ozzy peaked on Sabotage, it is a measurable fact."
                  -WTB

Comment

Working...
                  X