Future release of "13" Session Bonus Tracks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Future release of "13" Session Bonus Tracks

In various articles, interviews etc. it's been mentioned that in all 16 tracks were recorded during the "13" sessions.

Tony stated that they would all be released in some format or another and many of us will be hoping that they all appear on the super deluxe box set version. But, the closer we get to the release date, the more it seems we will just get the three on the deluxe versions with a fourth on the best buy or Japanese import.

So, when and how will the other 4 tracks surface?

One possibility, after the live DVD release at the end of the year, would be a compilation consisting of the 4 missing songs off “13” together with “Naivety in Black”, “Psycho Man”, “Selling My Soul”, maybe “Scary Dreams” and a couple of other songs from the first attempt at a reunion album. Bill Ward did mention the existence of other material in an interview last year??

More likely though, is a further release of “13” in the future with all the extra tracks (including the 3 on general release in June) on a second disc. Just like the second disc should be when it comes out…..

...Just realised that was my 13th post!!...
    Last edited by Andreaus; 05-17-2013, 02:50 AM.
    Andreaus

Deluxe CD in time for Christmas.

Comment

I doubt DVD will come out this year. From a marketing perspective makes no sense. Next year is more likely. They could although throw in some summer festival dates as well.
      As for the other tracks - they also could re-release "13" wth a bonus CD and non-released tracks next year, just like Ozzy did in the past with "Black Rain" and "Scream"
      http://vk.com/barghestboots

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised to see them tied into a DVD release.
        ***Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of other internet people, the internet police or the internet in general. It is to be assumed that all sentences are automatically followed by "IMO, BUDDY" as to not offend other internet people and start an internet fight.

Comment

If I was responsible for marketing, I would hold back some of the bonus tracks for when the tour ends and sales start to fall, then I would re-invigorate the market with some form of release with the bonus tracks, preferably in time for Christmas. I would not play my full hand on day 1, and leave nothing for later. I suspect that the remaining tracks will see some form of release around Christmas 2013; perhaps with a DVD release, or a Deluxe CD edition, or both. That should keep "13" viable for a full year, and maximize profit and exposure.
          Last edited by Now in Darkness; 05-17-2013, 10:58 AM.
          Casting his shadow, weaving his spell, funny clothes, tinkling bell.

Comment

Originally posted by hipster doofus View Post
            I wouldn't be surprised to see them tied into a DVD release.
            Just like Heaven And Hell, Live At Radio City Music Hall.
            "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
            "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
            ________Sabbath Forever, Forever Sabbath!______OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

Originally posted by 62_SG View Post
              Deluxe CD in time for Christmas.
              And you know what? I'm cool with that. The record label has lots of employees. I work for a small label and it's a struggle thanks to so many ethically-challenged "music should be free idiots". Also, I mean some of y'all be willing to shell out $100+ on a concert ticket so I'm sure dropping $20 on a Mega Deluxe Version won't matter much. How much is a combo meal at Burger King? We waste money like it's water. LOL. Give the first version away as a gift and enjoy the upgrade. Every other trade does it. Whoa. That was like three cents and I really only got two ha ha.

Comment

Originally posted by DARKEST LIGHT View Post
                And you know what? I'm cool with that. The record label has lots of employees. I work for a small label and it's a struggle thanks to so many ethically-challenged "music should be free idiots". Also, I mean some of y'all be willing to shell out $100+ on a concert ticket so I'm sure dropping $20 on a Mega Deluxe Version won't matter much. How much is a combo meal at Burger King? We waste money like it's water. LOL. Give the first version away as a gift and enjoy the upgrade. Every other trade does it. Whoa. That was like three cents and I really only got two ha ha.
                I don't eat fast food and I'm banking on getting the album for Christmas.

Yes I am cheap.

Comment

The more I think about it, I like the idea of having a further 4 tracks released later, hopefully with other unreleased/non-album tracks :-)
                  Andreaus

Comment

Rip off bastard record label!! Bloody cunts man!, so all us hardcore fans have gotta buy at least 3 versions of the same album to get all the bonus tracks!!! Isn't that why they invented a super deluxe version!?
                    Vote leave if u want totally cool either way

Comment

i wonder if they are going to take a page out of the Metallica marketing and release the four songs as an EP about a year after 13 is released. I hope they do because I think the die hards will lose their mind knowing that there are four unreleased Sabbath tracks.
                      Religion won't save me
                      The damage is done
                      The future has ended
                      Before it's begun
                      - Damaged Soul - Black Sabbath

Comment

Originally posted by Spiralarchitectx1 View Post
                        Rip off bastard record label!! Bloody cunts man!, so all us hardcore fans have gotta buy at least 3 versions of the same album to get all the bonus tracks!!! Isn't that why they invented a super deluxe version!?
                        I have bought two so far.
                        "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
                        "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
                        ________Sabbath Forever, Forever Sabbath!______OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

The 2014 version of "13" will consist of any and all "13" Demo Tracks with Bill Ward on drums and will also include the final 4 new Black Sabbath songs!!!!!!!!!!!

or

Sabbath will record the "13 tour" and release (in the summer of 2014) a live 2 cd combo and the 2nd cd will have the final 4 new Black Sabbath songs!!!

Reunion Live had 2 new songs.... Sabbath 13 live will have 4 new Black Sabbath songs.

Total 16 New Black Sabbath songs!!!
                          Last edited by thewizard; 05-20-2013, 09:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Spiralarchitectx1 View Post
                            Don't have to be three versions if you don't want to. At this point it's expected for them to release a later deluxe edition, if you buy an inferior version of the album with that knowledge in mind then you're just playing the company's game and supporting their process.

Comment

Originally posted by thewizard View Post
                              The Best Buy version of 13 will have 12 songs
                              The Japanese version of 13 will have 13 songs.

The 2014 version of "13" will consist of any and all "13" Demo Tracks with Bill Ward on drums and will also include the final 3 new Black Sabbath songs!!!!!!!!!!!

or

Sabbath will record the "13 tour" and release (in the summer of 2014) a live 2 cd combo and the 2nd cd will have the final 3 new Black Sabbath songs!!!

Reunion Live had 2 new songs.... Sabbath 13 live will have 3 new Black Sabbath songs.
                              The Japanese double disc release has the same tracklisting as the Best Buy release. The single CD Japanese release has the Best Buy track as a bonus.

Comment

Working...
                              X