X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best version of War Pigs since the 70s!! Ozzfest Japan

OH MY GOD!! Just watch.

http://youtu.be/BW_YNzd5hvY

Ozzy sounds Amazing!! He sings all the versus, which I like.

But at the end, the last section of the song, Ozzy does not do the "oh, oh, ohy, oh, oh" part but that Crowd does it without his prompting.

I GOT CHILLBUMPS FROM HEAD TO TOE!!!! So much more powerful that way. I hope they continue to perform War Pigs this way for the North American Tour. AWESOME!!
    www.downtrendmetal.com

Wow, that was stunning, indeed; really a 10 out of 10 performance! It seems that Ozzy is improving with time, and that suggests that he just needed to get some practice under his belt and find his groove again after so many years. I like the back drop better at this show than the fake mountainscape with the screens embedded in it. Thanks for posting this.
    Casting his shadow, weaving his spell, funny clothes, tinkling bell.

Comment

Holy shit. This is the best version of War Pigs I've ever heard. Time for the band to release the entire set on Blu-ray.
      Last edited by ZepHead; 05-25-2013, 02:30 PM.

Comment

I dont know how he sounded in the rest of that show but he sounded fantastic in that clip. I guess Ozzy can sing when he wants to or when he is sober. I was shocked. Ozzy was in time and in tune. I have been waiting for someone to put up footage from the japan show because i wanted to know how that performance was.

Comment

Great version. So much better when Ozzy doesn't harmonize or do his hey, hey, hey or do any of his "Ozzy stuff" like "go fucking crazy" over the band when they are jamming. The music is so powerful and to me sounds interrupted when there is banter or vocalization over it. And that's how he did it when he was just the lead singer of Black Sabbath. Way better that way. Tony and Geezer are tearing it up and when you add Ozzy (the Black Sabbath Ozzy) you have the greatest heavy band - ever! Clufetos is tearing it up too. He has it rough around here because he is replacing a legend, but he reminds me of a young Bill. He might not have his swing but Bill is a basher too. Always loved that about him. Clufetos is bashing away like a young Bill. Love it! The shirt he is wearing is cool too. Gotta get me one. Got VIP tickets to the WPB, Florida show, can’t wait!

Comment

Proud to say that I was at the show to witness this.

Comment

Originally posted by scorpio 2000 View Post
              I dont know how he sounded in the rest of that show but he sounded fantastic in that clip.
              He sounded awful on God Is Dead, but yeah - this was a great performance.
              Can you sleep at night, when you close your eyes
              Do you think of all the pain from your lies
              Or do you deny, you're responsible
              For the victims of the sins you devised

Comment

It's a great thing. Ozzy only needs to focus on singing, doesn't have to say "go fuckin crazy" or make sing-along, cuz the audience have already known what to do when Sabbath plays War Pigs.
                Do you hear the thunder raging in the sky?
                Premonition of a shattered world thatís gonna die.
                In the age of reason, how do we survive?
                The protocols of evil ravaging so many lives?

Comment

Originally posted by scorpio 2000 View Post
                  I dont know how he sounded in the rest of that show but he sounded fantastic in that clip. .
                  Judge for yourself...

http://youtu.be/bVlcp64P83o

For God Is Dead? I actually think his sounded good. He had one MASSIVE crack. And there were 2 occasions were he forgot the words and just kinda moaned it. But his voice was actually in pretty good shape for so late into the show.
                  www.downtrendmetal.com

Comment

Kinda funny that they're playing a show in Japan while in the backdrop theres footage of atomic bombs being dropped.

But yeah, it's really good to see Ozzy on form. Of course, we all know Ozzy can still kick it when circumstances are right but his problems are based self-consciousness and low morale. If he feels like shit he'll perform like shit. When he toured Oceania he wasn't even on the wagon for two months, was far from home and had no wife. That had to be hard for him. Now he has Sharon back and hes staying sober. Maybe now we'll see the Ozzy that has the balls to stretch out, like when he randomly stuck this gem in his set:

Comment

Originally posted by axeman_12656 View Post
                      Judge for yourself...

For God Is Dead? I actually think his sounded good. He had one MASSIVE crack. And there were 2 occasions were he forgot the words and just kinda moaned it. But his voice was actually in pretty good shape for so late into the show.
                      Oh my God! Tony standing in the middle like in the 70s at about 1:24!!!
                      Do you hear the thunder raging in the sky?
                      Premonition of a shattered world thatís gonna die.
                      In the age of reason, how do we survive?
                      The protocols of evil ravaging so many lives?

Comment

God is Dead?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOD2f7ZDFTM

I think this is one of the best versions I've heard of the song so far.

The thing I noticed about Ozzy is that he forgets to breathe. He often runs out of air at the end of long lines or on higher notes. He needs to take a deep breath before singing those lines! This is singing 101 - but Ozzy has never had lessons (or gets caught up in the moment and forgets).
                        In the fields the bodies burning, as the war machine keeps turning.

Comment

Awesome, absolutely awesome!!!!!!!!!!!
                          "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
                          "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
                          ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

These guys are on fire.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0M451hmz78
                            Last edited by ZepHead; 05-26-2013, 01:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by axeman_12656 View Post
                              Judge for yourself...

Thanks axeman.

Comment

Working...
                              X