Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• God is Dead? video premiere

http://www.universal-music.de/black-...70/god-is-dead

A premiere coz it's like a mini movie. A whole 9 minutes of it.

Ideal for conspiracy theory junkies.
    Last edited by Lolzeyes; 06-10-2013, 08:17 AM.

This might get nominated for an Oscar as a short film.
    Last edited by ZepHead; 06-10-2013, 08:41 AM.

Comment

Wow, absolutely stunning. I cannot believe how good this video is. Unreal. I theorized, a while back, that the title "13" might be linked to Psalm 13, and this video certainly refers to a Godless, secular, and self-indulgent world that is counting down to the end times; notice how the watch turned to a burning "13"?. A burning "13" appears several times in the video, and fits into theory fairly well.
      Last edited by Now in Darkness; 06-10-2013, 08:40 AM.
      Casting his shadow, weaving his spell, funny clothes, tinkling bell.

Comment

Here's the reason why they called it '13'.
        http://youtu.be/zFRg3NAGbO8

Comment

Great video...really dark. And to your point NID, doesn't it look like a watch in the "1" of the 13 logo on the album cover? Hmmm

Comment

Th hell is that
            is it fan made or something
            I didn't like it at all

----------

now, if you are thinking about how to boo at me please stop
            It's just my opinion
            I expected it no less than you

Comment

Wow. I generally love artsy stuff with my graphics background, but that was...quite bad. It looked like a high school project. A lot of stock footage randomly thrown about. I see where they were trying to go with it, but yeah...I'll just stick to the song.
              ***Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of other internet people, the internet police or the internet in general. It is to be assumed that all sentences are automatically followed by "IMO, BUDDY" as to not offend other internet people and start an internet fight.

Comment

The concept of the video is good , but the result is eh... mediocre. There are many parts that seems over the top, like the scene of the man drinking wine. And the cops look weird.

But comparing this to Bible Black and all the Sabbath's music videos, I'd say God is Dead is quite good.
                Last edited by LouiST; 06-10-2013, 10:36 AM.
                Do you hear the thunder raging in the sky?
                Premonition of a shattered world thatís gonna die.
                In the age of reason, how do we survive?
                The protocols of evil ravaging so many lives?

Comment

Actually the best Sabbath video was the fan made one for Bible Black...

See here...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPZEMkJ1SW8
                  "Music is so sacred to me that I canít hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
                  R. Blackmore

Comment

The video is lame...

Comment

I was a bit worried when I read it was going to be directed by that Zeitgeist guy, but I was pleasantly surprised. I read the comments in this thread before watching and I expected it to suck big time a la Bible Black, but I quite like this video. Especially the part where the main character throws his cross to the ground. Some clips are straight out of some the Zeitgeist movies though; I remember seeing those cops near the end before. I suspect it's Geezer who's behind this collaboration, but does anybody know for sure?

Edit: For those of you who haven't heard of Zeitgeist: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zeitgeist:_The_Movie

The blood runs free
                      The rain turns red
                      Give me the wine you keep the bread

Comment

Originally posted by hipster doofus View Post
                        Wow. I generally love artsy stuff with my graphics background, but that was...quite bad. It looked like a high school project. A lot of stock footage randomly thrown about. I see where they were trying to go with it, but yeah...I'll just stick to the song.
                        Fully agreed! And may I add that the closing eye in the end was predictable as fuck

Interestingly enough the video actually shares many same elements with this fan made lyric video that I actually dig quite a lot, check it out!

"The consequence of conscience/Is that you'll be left somewhere/Swinging in the air"-Ronnie James Dio (1942-2010) R.I.P. King Of Metal
                        "Just take a look around you what do you see/Pain, suffering, and misery/It's not the way that the world was planned/It's a pity you don't understand" - Geezer Butler
                        "If god is in heaven/How can this happen here" - Phil Lynott (1949-1986)

Comment

Music videos have never been their thing, really. Shame.

I'm just glad they finally made an album!
                          The dog's name is Pete. If he tries to mount you in the middle of the night, say "no" sternly. But don't look him in the eye.

Comment

So far I've only seen the video once, and that was on my IPhone, so I will need to give it another look. I am surprised, based on what I saw, that so few like it. The meaning is strong: so many people abandoning their faith, after seeing what tragedies and gluttony (guy stuffing shrimp in his mouth) is going on in the world. It asks the question, "how can I believe that there is a God, when mankind is so evil?". It suggests that we are in the 13th hour (note the watch) of our countdown to destruction and the end times, when the wrong are right, and the right are wrong (ie: the police). This video has meaning and commentary, and I dug it right away; maybe not for the quality, but for the fact that the band is making a very interesting statement and not just glorifying dragons and stuff. No?
                            Last edited by Now in Darkness; 06-10-2013, 01:15 PM.
                            Casting his shadow, weaving his spell, funny clothes, tinkling bell.

Comment

Once again, just like with Bible Black, they couldn't be arsed making a half decent video. Just more stock footage combined with some pretty shoddy video. I bet the catering for the crew and cast was the largest expense when making this. How hard is it really to get those 3 guys and a drummer of their choosing in front of a wall of amps and film them rocking out with some snazzy angles and camera work? Super simple, and would be infinitely better than this.
                              http://www.last.fm/user/sirkenneth

http://xkcd.com/386/

Comment

Working...
                              X