No announcement yet.

13 - Marks Out of 10?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I rate 13 a 10 because I don't compare 13 to any of other Black Sabbath album. It's almost a miracle that 13 was even made. They all have enough money, Tony has cancer, Geezer said for years it wouldn't happen, Bill Ward had issues and 3 of them were still able to record 16 new Black Sabbath songs. Are any of the 12 new Black Sabbath songs their best? NO but they're all alot of fun to listen to. The 1970's were a long time ago and these songs are close enough for me to give 13 a "10".
    Last edited by thewizard; 06-12-2013, 02:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by thewizard View Post
      I rate 13 a 10 because I don't compare 13 to any of other Black Sabbath album. It's almost a miracle that 13 was even made. They all have enough money, Tony has cancer, Geezer said for years it wouldn't happen, Bill Ward had issues and 3 of them were still able to record 16 new Black Sabbath songs. Are any of the 12 new Black Sabbath songs their best? NO but they're all alot of fun to listen to. The 1970's were a long time ago and these songs are close enough for me to give 13 a "10".
      Good for you brother, I gave them a 10 as well.
      "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
      "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
      ________Sabbath Forever, Forever Sabbath!______OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

I gave it a 9. There are a few things I would change but nothing major.
        The bigger question is where does it rank amongst the "Nuclear Nine"?
        In the fields the bodies burning, as the war machine keeps turning.

Comment

A 9 from me, relative to other albums in the Ozzy catalog. Only the first two albums in the Ozzy catalog get a 10 from me

Comment

I gave it an 8. Maybe i voted too soon . I only listened to it once. GID is a great song even with the short solo which i now think is perfect for the song. I like Loner. My favorite is Damaged Soul. The album was everthing they promised us it would be. Thank god the wait is over.

Comment

It is difficult to analyze an album like this so long after his first 8, many compare to the old album (something wrong because just putting down the new album) the album is very good and is strong contender for metal album of the year (and deserves problem is that because it is so Black Sabbath comes the band's past and disconsideram new jobs for bands that are better).
              Anyway I gave the album 9, tracks very well prepared, fine performances of members and excelent passages pace the problem was very clean sound that does not please me much, without making comparisons because it is unnecessary to liked much more the 13 than the devil you know. There are tucked True to complaining about the album saying that there are new bands doing better what nonsense I think I heard a few albums so solid like that after the 2000s, now is the fact that 13 were released in the 70s everyone would be cheering.
              sorry for english, google translator sucks
              Just remeber love is life and hate is living dead
              Treat your life for what it's worth and live for every breath
              Looking back I've lived and learned, but now I'm wondering
              Here I wait and only guess what the next life will bring
              Ha Ha!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by !Geezer. View Post
                sorry for english, google translator sucks
                It works better if you only use it word for word instead of whole sentences or whole posts. Where you're from? And welcome to the forum, b.t.w
                95% of everything i say is pure bullshit just for the fun of it. The other 95% is damn serious!
                Til rs ok friar ok forn sir

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Underdog View Post
                  It works better if you only use it word for word instead of whole sentences or whole posts. Where you're from? And welcome to the forum, b.t.w
                  Thx man i will try to do this. I'm from Brazil
                  I love this forum greats topics and the comments are pretty good too, its hard to find a forum equal to this
                  Just remeber love is life and hate is living dead
                  Treat your life for what it's worth and live for every breath
                  Looking back I've lived and learned, but now I'm wondering
                  Here I wait and only guess what the next life will bring
                  Ha Ha!!!!

Comment

I'm only 3 listens in, but I'm saying 8.5. I'm trying not to compare it to other albums and rate it on it's own merits. I have to take into consideration, my emotional attachment to the band (I'm a fan for over 30 years) and the impact of the album release in and of itself.

As I've said in other posts, as excited as I was for a new album, I went in with high hopes and low expectations. The album has been a pleasant surprise and across the board is much better than I expected. I feel that none of the songs (individually) fall below a 7.5 and none of them are 'filler'. I do have a problem with the running track order and the overall pacing. The 4 bonus tracks could have easily been fit onto the album and worked in to change the flow a bit. The album is definitely a 'grower' and gets better with each listen...
                    Good Beer is the perfect blend of Art & Science.

Comment

Originally posted by !Geezer. View Post
                      I love this forum greats topics and the comments are pretty good too, its hard to find a forum equal to this
                      This is THE Sabbath-site
                      95% of everything i say is pure bullshit just for the fun of it. The other 95% is damn serious!
                      Til rs ok friar ok forn sir

Comment

9/10

I've listened to it loads of times now. After about four listens I was thinking 8/10, but I couldn't stop playing it last week and I now think it's too good for an 8. They've really impressed me!
                        >>TECHNICINS F SPCE
                        SHIP ERTH THIS IS
                        YR CPTIN SPEKING
                        YR PTIN IS DEA˝D<<

Comment

Originally posted by tcantafio View Post
                          I'll tell you what. My mom died of cancer last November. She was a fighter...died at 79. When I hear Iommi's riffs on this album I think "that's a guy with cancer, no way?" But it's true. It's Tony giving the old FU to the big C and I love it. I find this album spitting angry, especially musically. If you can find me another guy going through treatments like Tony is every 6 weeks and is able to play like this, TOUR and turn out an album of this quality, bring it on...but I don't think you'll be able to. 13 is a 10 to begin with, but add Tony's condition to the mix, the Bill Ward issue, Ozzy falling off the wagon and you can't NOT give this album a 10. This is of course my opinion based on my ears and my own experience with cancer. This album gives me that much more joy because Tony put it out this under circumstances I hope none of us ever face. Thank you Tony, Geezer and Oz. This is another slab of Sab I can add to the soundtrack of my life.

T
                          Brilliant post sir!,
                          Yes the album is truly unbelievable when you take into account all the negative factors that's happened to the band members,
                          Ace album!

My condolences for your loss too our sab brother.
                          Last edited by Spiralarchitectx1; 06-15-2013, 06:02 PM.
                          Vote leave if u want totally cool either way

Comment

I'll tell you what. My mom died of cancer last November. She was a fighter...died at 79. When I hear Iommi's riffs on this album I think "that's a guy with cancer, no way?" But it's true. It's Tony giving the old FU to the big C and I love it. I find this album spitting angry, especially musically. If you can find me another guy going through treatments like Tony is every 6 weeks and is able to play like this, TOUR and turn out an album of this quality, bring it on...but I don't think you'll be able to. 13 is a 10 to begin with, but add Tony's condition to the mix, the Bill Ward issue, Ozzy falling off the wagon and you can't NOT give this album a 10. This is of course my opinion based on my ears and my own experience with cancer. This album gives me that much more joy because Tony put it out this under circumstances I hope none of us ever face. Thank you Tony, Geezer and Oz. This is another slab of Sab I can add to the soundtrack of my life.

T
                            Sorry for your loss brother, you have my condolences. Sabbath came through for us, Tony Iommi God bless him, Ozzy said it himself," Tony turned up every time on time for the sessions, and he had cancer, what excuse would we have to not do the same"?
                            "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
                            "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
                            ________Sabbath Forever, Forever Sabbath!______OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

13 was incredible, surpassed every single thing I had hoped for in the new album and I'm so glad it is ours now. I rated it a perfect 10. It really deserves it. I mean it's topping the charts at number 1 now!

I'll tell you what. My mom died of cancer last November. She was a fighter...died at 79.
                              I'm very sorry to hear about your mother tcantafio, may she rest in peace. You have my condolences.
                              Last edited by Van Sabbath; 06-17-2013, 06:49 PM.

Comment

The best album in the history of the world and Methapenis is one cool song in a sea of cool songs. Rated it a 10 incher!

Comment

Working...
                                X