Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'13' set to debut at #1 in the U.S. in 'Billboard'.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '13' set to debut at #1 in the U.S. in 'Billboard'.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/ne...oard-200-chart

This rules.. Sabbath Fucken OWNS!!!! as it should be!
    The best blueberry muffins I ever had landed 6 people in prison, three for life.

Comment

Pretty cool that last week Queens of The Stone Age had their first number one. (A band FIRMLY planted in the Black Sabbath family tree.)

Now the Sabs bump them..

Its a good year for rock and roll

Comment

Wow, very very cool! Amazing actually... God is not Dead!
        "Music is so sacred to me that I can’t hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
        R. Blackmore

Comment

I knew anticipation for this album was high but I never expected this. I guess the marketing blitz + solid reviews have fueled the sales. Great feather in their cap, Iommi must have a huge fucking grin on his face.

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Cricket View Post
            Wow, very very cool! Amazing actually... God is not Dead!

Age of reason, I say.
            "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
            "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
            ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

God is not Dead!
              Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
              Age of reason, I say.
              It's the Zeitgeist... ;-) And they're gonna Live Forever with Peace Of Mind.

---------- Post added at 07:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:51 AM ----------

Our Dear Fathers who save us from the Damaged Souls of the Methademic, the Loner Pariah whom think this is just the End Of The Beginning are living a life of Naļveté In Black.
              95% of everything i say is pure bullshit just for the fun of it. The other 95% is damn serious!
              Til įrs ok frišar ok forn sišr

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Underdog View Post
                It's the Zeitgeist... ;-) And they're gonna Live Forever with Peace Of Mind.
                I'm just a loner, Billy Underdog.
                "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
                "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
                  I'm just a loner, Billy Underdog.
                  I added a bit more...
                  95% of everything i say is pure bullshit just for the fun of it. The other 95% is damn serious!

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Underdog View Post
                    Our Dear Fathers who save us from the Damaged Souls of the Methademic, the Loner Pariah whom think this is just the End Of The Beginning are living a life of Naļveté In Black.
                    Very good there Billy, cool!

Comment

Thanx Just pulled out of a thoughtless mind...

Comment

Originally posted by Zee View Post
                        I knew anticipation for this album was high but I never expected this. I guess the marketing blitz + solid reviews have fueled the sales. Great feather in their cap, Iommi must have a huge fucking grin on his face.
                        marketing blitz + solid reviews certainly help, but you can put lipstick on a p[ig, it's still a pig... album covers, song titles, don't sell albums, the music does, people have listened and the people have spoken!

---------- Post added at 10:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 AM ----------

After it's all said and done, Sabbath outlasted all their competition, all their contemporaries... and have risen to the POP Culture thrown! No1 album, period! Not #1 metal, or adult contemp... no.1 P-E-R-I-O-D!

THIS ALBUM RANKS RGHT UP THERE WITH THE GREAT 6... you can argue where it fits, manily it depends on what day it is for me.. they're all special... the "magic", the "5th force" that seems to channel itself through the band is alive and well... and the Iron Man, Tonny I., has been to the gates of Hell and back, and boy is he ever back!
                        "Music is so sacred to me that I can’t hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
                        R. Blackmore

Comment

Very gratifying; too bad it wasn't more like 500,000!

Comment

Number 1 in Canada too:
                            http://www.canada.com/entertainment/...254/story.html

Comment

After it's all said and done, Sabbath outlasted all their competition, all their contemporaries... and have risen to the POP Culture thrown! No1 album, period! Not #1 metal, or adult contemp... no.1 P-E-R-I-O-D!

THIS ALBUM RANKS RGHT UP THERE WITH THE GREAT 6... you can argue where it fits, manily it depends on what day it is for me.. they're all special... the "magic", the "5th force" that seems to channel itself through the band is alive and well... and the Iron Man, Tonny I., has been to the gates of Hell and back, and boy is he ever back!
                              I agree with this sentiment.

I think a case could be made that '13' is the best effort that Sabbath has ever done. I don't think there is a weak track on the album. My previous favorite--Sabotage, suffers a bit from the presence of 'Am I Going Insane', though even that silly piece has sort of grown on me.

Sabbath is back in a big way. I never thought that I would see this day again.

Comment

Working...
                              X