The Many Version of "13"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Many Version of "13"

This has to be unprecedented. I've been listening to rock and roll and Sabbath since the late 70's and can't recall ever seeing so many different versions of a single release. Even Iron "Constant Reissue" Maiden and Kiss think that it was too much.

See if I left any out:

Standard CD
    Deluxe CD
    Super Deluxe Box
    Best Buy Deluxe
    Best Buy Deluxe with t-shirt (13 Cover Image)
    Best Buy Deluxe with t-shirt (BS and 13 logo)
    Japanese version with one bonus.

Sadly I have all of these except the Japanese and BB t-shirt #2.

Fully agreed! Plus I get the feeling there is still more versions to come.
    Everything should of come with the super deluxe box.
    Vote leave if u want totally cool either way

Comment

There are several overseas versions too:

HMV in Canada has a T-shirt version with the deluxe 2CD set WITHOUT NIB ON DISC, but with a special DOWNLOAD card for NIB. This version comes in a box. The t-shirt and download code are in the box, the 2CD deluxe CD is secured on the front of the box. The box is the size (height and width) of a DVD set. The box is very cool looking, but is very flimsy.

Saturn, an electronics store in Germany is selling a special edition 2CD with NIB. It's a digipak CD with clear trays & 3D cover.

MediaMarkt, another electronics chain in Germany is selling their own special edition 2CD with NIB. It is also a digipak with clear trays & 3D cover.

It's still unknown if the Japanese version is a 2CD jewel, 2CD box or 2CD digipak. The 3D cover hasn't been formally announced either. In the Japanese market in the past, I've seen some 2CD versions turn into 1CD versions too, so it's possible that the 8+4 could be on one CD. EDIT - The Japanese version appears to be 2CD SHM (a single CD version is also available). I don't know about the 3D cover or if it will be a softpak/digipak. HOWEVER, NIB is the bonus track at the END OF DISC 1! And YES, NIB is also a bonus track on the 1CD Japan version. For some reason I just find that whole set-up strange, personally.

Europe also has their own version of the Deluxe box set. Same set, but specially made for the European market - probably due to the region code and PAL format of the DVD.
      Last edited by tcantafio; 06-15-2013, 11:18 AM.

Comment

Agreed. This is happening with all media type products lately and it's disgusting. There should be one version for everybody. I went for normal deluxe because I didn't see the point in only getting a download code for NIB instead of having it on the disc.

A tour version doesn't bother me, because I love the live tracks, and it's not a different version of the same album. It's the normal album + live performances.
        People think I'm insane because I am frowning all the time.

Comment

I only bought the Best Buy version. I bought it just to have all the songs currently available. The rest of that stuff doesn't matter to me. I think it's cool that you guys buy all the extras though! (And good for the band!)
          In the fields the bodies burning, as the war machine keeps turning.

Comment

I don't have this, but the Spotify version comes with Dirty Women live in Australia.
            you introduced me to my mind...

Comment

Originally posted by From Beyond View Post
              This has to be unprecedented. I've been listening to rock and roll and Sabbath since the late 70's and can't recall ever seeing so many different versions of a single release. Even Iron "Constant Reissue" Maiden and Kiss think that it was too much.

See if I left any out:

Standard CD
              Deluxe CD
              Super Deluxe Box
              Best Buy Deluxe
              Best Buy Deluxe with t-shirt (13 Cover Image)
              Best Buy Deluxe with t-shirt (BS and 13 logo)
              Japanese version with one bonus.

Sadly I have all of these except the Japanese and BB t-shirt #2.
              If you didn't buy all the different versions they wouldn't make them. It verifies to the greedy record labels that this multiple format tactic works. I suppose I do too since I bought the Best Buy & Delux box(Pre ordered before I knew the Box wouldn't have all the songs... fucken bastards!!!!!!). I thought the BB T-shirts look like crap so I had nothing to do with those; but I want all the songs they recorded for 13.
              The best blueberry muffins I ever had landed 6 people in prison, three for life.

Comment

UPDATES to my earlier post:

Canada:

HMV in Canada has a T-shirt version with the deluxe 2CD set WITHOUT NIB ON DISC, but with a special DOWNLOAD card for NIB. This version comes in a box. The t-shirt and download code/card are in the box, the 2CD deluxe softpak (the same as the US version) is secured on the front of the box. The box is the size (height and width) of a DVD set. The box is very cool looking, but is very flimsy.

Japan:

The Japanese version appears to be 2CD SHM (a single CD version is also available). I don't know about the 3D cover or if it will be a softpak/digipak. HOWEVER, NIB is the bonus track at the END OF DISC 1! And YES, NIB is also a bonus track on the 1CD Japan version. For some reason I just find that whole set-up strange, personally.
                Last edited by tcantafio; 06-15-2013, 11:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tcantafio View Post
                  UPDATES to my earlier post:
                  HOWEVER, NIB is the bonus track at the END OF DISC 1! And YES, NIB is also a bonus track on the 1CD Japan version.
                  NIB is also on the German Saturn exclusive editions, both single disc and deluxe editions. I don't know about the Media Markt version though, but I bet they are exactly the same since Saturn and Media Markt are both run by the same company.

Comment

So at least we know that if you have a version of the deluxe and it includes NIB, you have all the studio tracks available.

The BB shirts are horrible.

Comment

Originally posted by From Beyond View Post
                      The BB shirts are horrible.
                      How so? I got the 'Flames' one. It has sleeves, a place to put my head through and it says Black Sabbath. It's very shirt-like.
                      ***Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of other internet people, the internet police or the internet in general. It is to be assumed that all sentences are automatically followed by "IMO, BUDDY" as to not offend other internet people and start an internet fight.

Comment

I like this one
                        Vote leave if u want totally cool either way

Comment

I own the 2 disc BB exclusive. Had to order it three times before deciding to buy that one. As for the shirts, I like to circle one over the original album print. I never liked the title or the album cover, but I'm now embracing it. I would rather make my own t-shirt shown here:

NOTE: Joe's Black Sabbath edit is used as the back side.
                          "Even with so much bad blood between us... It's funny... Now that I'm actually face to face with him again... The hatred is gone. All I feel is a deep sense of longing. And pity. Did Zero really hate me? Or... Did he fear me?" - Big Boss

Comment

Originally posted by hipster doofus View Post
                            How so? I got the 'Flames' one. It has sleeves, a place to put my head through and it says Black Sabbath. It's very shirt-like.
                            In Canada at HMV, it was just the purple Master Of Reality logo on the flimsiest thing they could legally call a shirt.
                            People think I'm insane because I am frowning all the time.

Comment

Have you guys have heard the 2013 Australian version of Dirty Women, available on Spotify? What show is it from?

Comment

Working...
                              X