Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where would you rank 13 among the Great Eight?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
    You mean same bottom 4, me too they always shuffle and 13 is still pretty new, but Black Sabbath the debut will always be my number 1.
    Yeah man, 13 is new so it could climb up my charts with time or fall down my chart with time,
    Dio ones..
    Mob rules
    Dehumanizer
    Heaven and hell
    The devil you know
    Vote leave if u want totally cool either way

Comment

Its early days, but as much as I like the new album its still probably 9th. The reason I fell in love with Sabbath all those years ago was mainly down to Tony's guitar and Ozzy's voice, Tony's as good as ever but as good as Ozzy sounds on 13 he still aint a patch on the 70's material, even though NSD was a fairly weak album I still think Ozzy sounded brilliant on it. I know its impossible for a 64yr old to sound like a 24yr old, I know that, but I don't really like his voice these days, sorry.
      Do you believe a word what the good book says?
      Or is it just a holy fairytale and God is Dead?

Comment

Originally posted by DARKEST LIGHT View Post
        Let's be real. What great band at this age and wealth could match their peak?
        David Bowie - Hours... (1999), Heathen (2002), 27 years after Ziggy Stardust (which wasn't even his best album in the 70's, The Man Who Sold The World was, so really 29 years...)
        Gong - 2023 (2009), 35 years after The Radio Gnome triology

And probably lots of others i don't remember right now...
        Last edited by Billy Underdog; 06-15-2013, 03:02 PM.
        95% of everything i say is pure bullshit just for the fun of it. The other 95% is damn serious!
        Til įrs ok frišar ok forn sišr

Comment

Originally posted by Fozzy View Post
          Its early days, but as much as I like the new album its still probably 9th. The reason I fell in love with Sabbath all those years ago was mainly down to Tony's guitar and Ozzy's voice, Tony's as good as ever but as good as Ozzy sounds on 13 he still aint a patch on the 70's material, even though NSD was a fairly weak album I still think Ozzy sounded brilliant on it. I know its impossible for a 64yr old to sound like a 24yr old, I know that, but I don't really like his voice these days, sorry.
          Valid point mate, I was more worried his voice was gonna sound like scream or black rain. I thought that quad bike accident he had may of done damage to his vocal chords,
          Love his voice on zeitgeist and age of reason!,
          He's really gave it his all has ozz on this album.

Comment

Originally posted by Spiralarchitectx1 View Post
            Yeah man, 13 is new so it could climb up my charts with time or fall down my chart with time,
            Dio ones..
            Mob rules
            Dehumanizer
            Heaven and hell
            The devil you know
            The Dio ones for me are:

1.) Mob Rules
            2.) Heaven And Hell
            3.) The Devil You Know
            4.) Dehumanizer
            "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
            "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
            ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
              The Dio ones for me are:

1.) Mob Rules
              2.) Heaven And Hell
              3.) The Devil You Know
              4.) Dehumanizer
              Couldn't get into the devil you know, dunno why?

Comment

I was surprised to see Vol. 4 at the top of lists on here. I always felt that that album was kinda "Bleh" primarily because of the mix. The Songs are actually pretty good, Live I'v heard em sound amazing. But the record standing up to the rest, no way. Just too muddy & Ozzy's voice is way too low in the mix on too many tracks. It's a Toss up with Master Of Reality and Sabotage for me. When I was 13 (!), I picked up my first Sabbath tapes, yes cassettes were the thing of my day, they were Master Of Reality and Paraniod and I got em for probably 1 dollar each at the flea market, they looked brand new, like they were just sitting there waiting for me . I was getting into rock music thanks to my then girlfriend and I must have seen Ozzy with Sabbath on MTV (They would play Iron Man & Paranoid videos sometimes) so I was like oh cool, Ozzy's old band. I knew of Ozzy since I was a little kid as my uncle had a lot of his records including Bark At the Moon and Speak of the Devil. Anyway, I could not believe my ears when I took these 2 albums home and listened to them in my room with my headphones. It really just opened up a whole new world of music for me. Depth that I had never experienced, Ill never forget that. With all of that Nostalgia behind me, i'd be hard to put anything above the way MOR affected me. As an adult I feel there is a bit more "Meat on the Bones" with Sabotage, but I never heard this album till years n years later, I was probably 21 or 22 at that time. With 13, its kind of the same thing. I can listen to it front to back, bonus tracks included, and dig every single track! As others have said, it may very well end up being their greatest record ever but as of right now, it just does not have that type of nostalgia built up just yet. That takes years. Anyway, here's my list!

1. Master of Reality
                2. Sabotage
                3. Thirteen
                4. Paranoid
                5. Black Sabbath
                6. Sabbath Bloody Sabbath
                7. Vol. 4
                8. Technical Ecstasy
                9. Never Say Die
                Last edited by Lex; 06-15-2013, 03:56 PM.

Comment

1. Paranoid (Pure Power)
                  2. Vol.4 ('cause special feelings)
                  3. Black Sabbath (swinging rawness)
                  4. Sabbath bloddy Sabbath (Sabbra Cadabra)
                  5. Technical Ecstasy (underrated... Masterpiece!)*
                  6. Sabotage (dazed,boozed and evil. This album is in its own leaque. Champions Leaque)**
                  7. 13 (fresh, modern, BLACK SABBATH 2013. This album (8 Songs) is perfectly round,in contrast to the last two)
                  8. Master of Reality (Classic legendary Songs)
                  9. Never Say die (Very good from Track 1-4)***

* - "It's Allright" is a cool song. The only thing that fucked me up is that it is the third track on the album.
                  I think that songs with other singers should be the last tracks from an album.

** - I can totally understand why many people would put "Sabotage" at first position. There are just records that captivate me more.

*** - I think that this album isn't a whole album. It feels as if someone had tried obsessively to get to the play time.

Comment

Very, very tough to do.

1) Sabotage
                    2) MoR
                    3) NSD
                    4) Vol. 4
                    5) Technical
                    6) SBS
                    7) 13
                    8) Paranoid
                    9) Black Sabbath

If MoR had two tracks from Vo. 4 on it - it would be no. 1 for me. Sabotage is a masterpiece from every angle though....EVERY angle.

Comment

1.Black Sabbath (Best album of ALL time, bar none)
                      2.Vol. 4
                      3. Sabbatoge
                      4. Paranoid
                      5. Master of Reality
                      7. Sabbath, Bloody Sabbath
                      8.TE
                      9. NSD
                      Life Member of the NRA

Comment

Sabotage
                        Sabbath Bloody Sabbath
                        Never Say Die
                        Master of Reality
                        Paranoid
                        Vol. 4
                        Black Sabbath
                        Technical Ecstasy

Great album, can't touch the other 8.

cheers
                        The dog's name is Pete. If he tries to mount you in the middle of the night, say "no" sternly. But don't look him in the eye.

Comment

I really love the first 8 Sabbath albums, almost equally . 13 is one more in this list.

Sabbath Bloody Sabbath
                          Sabotage
                          Vol 4
                          Black Sabbath
                          Paranoid
                          Master of Reality
                          Technical Ecstasy
                          Never Say Die

Comment

Originally posted by Fabiano75 View Post
                            I really love the first 8 Sabbath albums, almost equally . 13 is one more in this list.

Sabbath Bloody Sabbath
                            Sabotage
                            Vol 4
                            Black Sabbath
                            Paranoid
                            Master of Reality
                            Technical Ecstasy
                            Never Say Die
                            Me too Fabiano, I love them all equally, like Spiral said earlier they are always alternating.
                            "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
                            "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
                            ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

It's too early to me rank the 13, i just wanna play over and over again and I'm very happy because this album has the soul of the sabbath, something that few can make a sound that gets better with each listening no matter how many times you put the cd to play, and its happening with the 13 every heard makes it more incredible
                              Just remeber love is life and hate is living dead
                              Treat your life for what it's worth and live for every breath
                              Looking back I've lived and learned, but now I'm wondering
                              Here I wait and only guess what the next life will bring
                              Ha Ha!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by !Geezer. View Post
                                It's too early to me rank the 13, i just wanna play over and over again and I'm very happy because this album has the soul of the sabbath, something that few can make a sound that gets better with each listening no matter how many times you put the cd to play, and its happening with the 13 every heard makes it more incredible
                                Yep that's the sign of a good album!, gets better with each listen without getting boring. You don't listen to it for a few days then you start itching to listen to it, and when your at work etc the songs start playing in your head and you just wanna play them when you get home.

Comment

Working...
                                X