Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Sabbath: Up Close And Personal Documentary 2007 [Youtube Video]

Enjoy!

Interesting documentary... a couple parts I wanted to comment on.

Ozzy playing their 1st album to his parents for the 1st time, his father leaned over to him and said "Are you sure your only drinking alcohol, this music is very odd..."

How Geezer's bass is like a another lead guitar in that it accentuates and does it's thing and helps to give Sabbath it's big sound...

Sabbaht sharing a concert like CALJAM I with bands like The Eagles and Earth WIND & Fire in th e70's.... I really think today kids, pigeon hole thenselves into a certain genre of music, say heavy metal, and that's all they listen to... I glad I was introduced by an older sister to the Beatles when beatlmania was happening and the folk music of the 60's the James Taylor's... Crosby Still Nash and Neil Young, Carol King... etc etc ... today these head bangers all they listen to is heavy metal, I'd find that utterly boring, the same slam over and over...

Lastly, you here RJD say when he joined all the Ozzy lovers became Dio haters... I love RJD, but you know, he had a chip on his shoulder, I'm sure from growing up a small person and probably kicked around some, but for him to say all the Ozzy lovers became Dio haters is pure bullshit... just not true, I thought BS fans did a pretty comendable job accepting Ronnie based on the great 2 albums we got out of them after the Ozzy split...
    "Music is so sacred to me that I canít hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
    R. Blackmore

Comment

Agree with everything you've said about pigeonholing. It's crazy. Loads of great and varied music out thera nd some people think they have a varied collections because they listen to Iron Maiden AND Saxon (off the top of my head).

Disagree with your RJD comments though. Don't hate him, as I don't know him. Not keen on the lyrics or vocals or what he did to Sabbath though :-)

Only one Sabbath for me. The ORIGINAL and BEST one.

Comment

Bump for new members and anyone who may have missed it

Comment

Too bad this video is no longer available, love watching documentaries on my beloved band.
          "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
          "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
          ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

Working...
          X