Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sterling#sound View Post
    AFAIK or can remember:

- The white SG Custom was a 1963 with original humbucker pickups (60s PAF's)
    - The white SG was a backup to the Monkey cherry SG (where previously the cherry SG was a backup to the Fender Stratocaster)
    - Recently, Tony mentioned that all of Paranoid was recorded with the Monkey SG, except Paranoid the song
    - I've heard a few times that his white Custom was stolen or lost in the same year that he got it
    - The other white SG that Tony used was a 1962 SG Junior, a gift from Leslie West, later modded by John Birch
    - The Dawk white SG is a 70s SG, not the original Paranoid one
    Some great info sterling#sound, thanks.

So if Tony's memory is correct, then the photo session (above) at Regent Sound was during the writing/recording of the song Paranoid.

Comment

Originally posted by Rollerjoint View Post

Some great info sterling#sound, thanks.

So if Tony's memory is correct, then the photo session (above) at Regent Sound was during the writing/recording of the song Paranoid.
      You're absolutely right. That in itself is an amazing factoid - and documented!
      http://www.youtube.com/user/TheSterlingSound

Super animation, turning on a nation
      And they’re saying all moving parts stand still

Comment

Something very weird about this guitar is that it seems to have both a righty and lefty pickguard on it.

Reminds me of The Everly Brothers guitars.
        Another weird thing is that Tony refers to this guitar as a Les Paul instead of an SG, which while technically true is still unusual.

Comment

Originally posted by Axe fiend View Post
          The "Monkey" SG was stolen on a couple occasions. One of the people who stole it, believed that Tony had put a curse on him when a bunch of horrible things began to happen to him. So he mailed the guitar back to Tony and begged him to take the curse off. I think the "Monkey" SG is in a Hard Rock Cafe somewhere isn't it?

It is:

yep that's the story it was returned because of a curse!
          "Music is so sacred to me that I can’t hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
          R. Blackmore

Comment

Originally posted by leftytony View Post
            Another weird thing is that Tony refers to this guitar as a Les Paul instead of an SG, which while technically true is still unusual.
            The first SG's was named Les Paul, but he objected due to the "ugly" shape, hence it was renamed Solid Guitar
            95% of everything i say is pure bullshit just for the fun of it. The other 95% is damn serious!
            Til įrs ok frišar ok forn sišr

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Underdog View Post
              The first SG's was named Les Paul, but he objected due to the "ugly" shape, hence it was renamed Solid Guitar
              "ugly"? ha! it's the perfect guitar for Sabbath looks like it has 2 horns...
              "Music is so sacred to me that I can’t hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
              R. Blackmore

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Underdog View Post
                It's still weird that he called it a Les Paul though because he's a big SG player and refers to his other Gibson SG's as an SG as opposed to a Les Paul and the Gibson Les Paul SG's are identical to Gibson SG's except for what they say on the headstock.

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Cricket View Post
                  "ugly"? ha! it's the perfect guitar for Sabbath looks like it has 2 horns...
                  Well, according to Les Paul it was, and it was a few years prior to Sabbath I've gone from loving LP's more towards SG's the last years. Both great, ofcourse.

Originally posted by leftytony View Post
                  It's still weird that he called it a Les Paul though because he's a big SG player and refers to his other Gibson SG's as an SG as opposed to a Les Paul and the Gibson Les Paul SG's are identical to Gibson SG's except for what they say on the headstock.
                  Not if it's one of the first "SG" models, cause they're actually named Les Paul.

Check out the head on this one:

95% of everything i say is pure bullshit just for the fun of it. The other 95% is damn serious!
                  Til įrs ok frišar ok forn sišr

Comment

Working...
                  X