Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Now that you listened to it - what would you have called 13?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now that you listened to it - what would you have called 13?

OK Sabbath Nation, put your thinking caps on. Now that you have listened to the new album, what would you have called it? The Sabs are not the greatest at originality when it comes to giving albums names. Many were named after songs. Volume 4 and 13 have a lot in common (not much originality). My favorites names are Master Of Reality and Sabotage. Give me your best shot. Maybe you think 13 is perfect... What do you think the next one should be? Let’s just hope Bill Ward will contribute on it.

I actually love the title 13. IT FITS!! But I understand that it has been done several times in the past. I like the simple to the point title.

with RJD Sabbath is all about devils and demons. 13 is more about dark and spooky. The album title and cover are great!!
    Last edited by axeman_12656; 07-12-2013, 11:04 AM.
    www.downtrendmetal.com

Comment

Originally posted by rangemaster View Post
      The Sabs are not the greatest at originality when it comes to giving albums names. Many were named after songs. Volume 4 and 13 have a lot in common (not much originality).
      Vol 4. was the record-company. Sab wanted to call it Snowblind, but the rec-comp couldn't handle the coke-reference. Same with Paranoid, which was supposed to be named War Pigs. The Rec's couldn't handle the Vietnam-connection, plus Paranoid was to be the "hit".
      But i agree that MOR and Sabotage were (their own) great titles, esp. the last, given the situation they were in at the time...

As for 13, i can't say the title bother me at all, but if i were to choose from the song-titles, Age Of Reason would be great. Sabbath's finally back after 35 years, there's finally some sence and reason in the world again.

The next one? "The Grand Return Of Mr. William Thomas Ward", maybe?
      95% of everything i say is pure bullshit just for the fun of it. The other 95% is damn serious!
      Til įrs ok frišar ok forn sišr

Comment

I dont mind 13 but it wouldnt have been first choice for me, Age of Reason or Damaged Souls would have been far better
        Do you believe a word what the good book says?
        Or is it just a holy fairytale and God is Dead?

Comment

"13" is a fairly weak title, but the album is great. I would have called it Judgement Day, Tribulation, or Ascendance From Hell......or something like that.
          Last edited by Now in Darkness; 07-12-2013, 01:02 PM.
          Casting his shadow, weaving his spell, funny clothes, tinkling bell.

Comment

I would go with the title of one of tracks myself, I think Age of Reason would have been a good one, if not a track title then a play on words of their name a la Sabotage.
            My name is Lucifer please take my hand.

Comment

End Of The Beginning.
              "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
              "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
              ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

I would have called it "11".

I believe my earliest suggestion for this album last year was "The Evil Behind The Evil Of Evil's Evil Deeds Of Evil" or something, don't quite remember that right.
                "I'll SWALLOW YOUR SOUL!"
                -Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Great question. "13" is too evident and easy. They needed something much cooler, imo. Geezer should have come up with a title. (The guy's fantastic with lyrics.) Maybe they should have come up with something cryptic, symbolic or mythical. Maybe "War, Peace and Death". (Since war's are currently happening.) "Dying is Easy, Living is Hard", "Last Breath", "Dying to Live", "A New Day", "Beneath the Mortal", "Believe it's True", "Believe Another Day".

(I have no idea how VH came up with the title "A Different Kind of Truth". I don't see any kind of connection to the music or the band members. But I do wonder if the train is a phallic symbol or not.)
                  Get yourself afraid, Get yourself alone, Get yourself contained, Get yourself control - Soundgarden

Comment

Well...13 is a weak title, especially since the meaning doesn't really come clear in any of the songs either...if there would have been a song about lets say bad luck for instance, it would have been different.

None of the song titles are really good album titles either...but Beginning Of The End might have been a sinister enough of a title...and fitting as well.

But the best album titles are always something that just kind of mirror the themes of the album or themes of some of the songs....

But they could have done worse I suppose...they could have named the album God Is Dead!!!!

Comment

How about "Never Say Die AGAIN!!!
                      "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
                      "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
                      ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

The relief.

Or age of reason would've been good!
                        Vote leave if u want totally cool either way

Comment

"From the Grave!" lol. Naa, that would be cool if that comes out after the band has passed & we still don't have all those unreleased songs. That'd be dope!! Black Sabbath: From The Grave! haha.
                          As Far as 13. Hmm, I guess its a cool title, fits with the band mythos. Age Of Reason sounds too evolved for a Sabbath album title to me although as a song its beyond epic! Can't think of anything better, maybe why the band settled on it!

Comment

Suggestions (each more cheesy than the last):

"Three Out of Four Ain't Bad"
                            "Black is Back"
                            "Sabbathy Songs For Sabbathy People"
                            "Yeah, You Heard Right"
                            "An Album From The Inventors Of Heavy Metal"
                            "Scary Music!"
                            "All The Way From Birmingham, England"
                            "What The Hell (Did He Say?)"
                            In the fields the bodies burning, as the war machine keeps turning.

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
                              How about "Never Say Die AGAIN!!!
                              Ha, you beat me to it!

How about "Hardly Ever Say Die"...?

Comment

Working...
                              X