No announcement yet.

Rock and Roll Doctor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yea Backstreet Kids gets over looked, it's a better opening rocker than NSD is...
    "Music is so sacred to me that I canít hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
    R. Blackmore

Comment

Originally posted by axeman_12656 View Post
      I know SMARTY PANTS!! But the few post before mine were debating Technical Ecstasy as an album.
      Tee hee!
      In the fields the bodies burning, as the war machine keeps turning.

Comment

I'm not a great fan of the studio version, but it works. What I am a fan of though is the live version with Ian Gillan on vocals. The song just works so much better in that era, with their contradictory image of being Spinal Tap-ish one moment and then suddenly more doom and gloom than any other era (Born Again, Zero the Hero, DTP actually switches back and forth in the same song). So yeah, that song fits Ian as if he wrote it himself, the studio version is greatly overshadowed by that imo.
        "I am the crazy man who lives inside your head, but I think I'm breaking through the wall... You are the innocent convicted of the crime, no one was ever there to catch you when you fall" (1992)
        -Ronnie James Dio, Rest in Peace

"In the summer days we flew to the sun, on melting wings, but the seasons changed to fast, leave us all behind... Blind..." (1969)
        - Jon Lord, Rest in Peace

My first album!!!:
        http://open.spotify.com/album/60jv1AdlWvi1KlcR8JhG4b

Comment

^^^^ I agree!

The only problem I have with this version is the drumming. Bev, IMO wasn't a good fit for Sabbath
          We donít see things as they are; we see them as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by Axe fiend View Post
            ^^^^ I agree!

YouTube Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=If-CjF9DCrE

The only problem I have with this version is the drumming. Bev, IMO wasn't a good fit for Sabbath
            Ian went deeper into the Ozzy era catalogue than Dio ever did

Comment

I think it's great song, the drumming is awesome, one of my favorites from that album.

Comment

The lyrics.

Comment

Originally posted by Mooger View Post
                  The lyrics.
                  Weren't meant to be "serious."

It's a "fun" rock and roll song. Even Sabbath are allowed to do this. Heck, they even break it up nicely with a ridiculously crafty middle section.
                  "It is not opinion that Ozzy peaked on Sabotage, it is a measurable fact."
                  -WTB

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff View Post
                    Weren't meant to be "serious."

It's a "fun" rock and roll song. Even Sabbath are allowed to do this. Heck, they even break it up nicely with a ridiculously crafty middle section.
                    Yea, even when they deliberatly do something R&R or "commrcial", Iommi slips a legitimate solo in therfe,sort of like Am I going Insane (listening to this crappy song).
                    "Music is so sacred to me that I canít hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
                    R. Blackmore

Comment

Originally posted by Spiralarchitectx1 View Post
                      I like this tune!!!!
                      You wanna pick a shit one from TE then go for it's alright!
                      You got that right Spiralarchitectx1!
                      Now and then it's nice to hear just some good hard rock & roll. You don't always have to have
                      unique riffs and symbolism.
                      Nobody I know is gonna take my rock & roll away from me.

Comment

Originally posted by Typhon View Post
                        You got that right Spiralarchitectx1!
                        Now and then it's nice to hear just some good hard rock & roll. You don't always have to have
                        unique riffs and symbolism.
                        Thanks, typhon ,
                        I love rock n roll doctor and it kicks ass live!!!!!
                        Vote leave if u want totally cool either way

Comment

Working...
                        X