• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spiralarchitectx1
    replied
    Originally posted by Typhon View Post
    You got that right Spiralarchitectx1!
    Now and then it's nice to hear just some good hard rock & roll. You don't always have to have
    unique riffs and symbolism.
    Thanks, typhon ,
    I love rock n roll doctor and it kicks ass live!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Typhon
    replied
    Originally posted by Spiralarchitectx1 View Post
    I like this tune!!!!
    You wanna pick a shit one from TE then go for it's alright!
    You got that right Spiralarchitectx1!
    Now and then it's nice to hear just some good hard rock & roll. You don't always have to have
    unique riffs and symbolism.

Leave a comment:

• Wicked Cricket
    replied
    Originally posted by Jeff View Post
    Weren't meant to be "serious."

It's a "fun" rock and roll song. Even Sabbath are allowed to do this. Heck, they even break it up nicely with a ridiculously crafty middle section.
    Yea, even when they deliberatly do something R&R or "commrcial", Iommi slips a legitimate solo in therfe,sort of like Am I going Insane (listening to this crappy song).

Leave a comment:

• Jeff
    replied
    Originally posted by Mooger View Post
    The lyrics.
    Weren't meant to be "serious."

It's a "fun" rock and roll song. Even Sabbath are allowed to do this. Heck, they even break it up nicely with a ridiculously crafty middle section.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    The lyrics.

Leave a comment:

• Ozzyhead
    replied
    I think it's great song, the drumming is awesome, one of my favorites from that album.

Leave a comment:

• OZZYIRONMAN
    replied
    Originally posted by Axe fiend View Post
    ^^^^ I agree!

YouTube Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=If-CjF9DCrE

The only problem I have with this version is the drumming. Bev, IMO wasn't a good fit for Sabbath
    Ian went deeper into the Ozzy era catalogue than Dio ever did

Leave a comment:

• Axe fiend
    replied
    ^^^^ I agree!

The only problem I have with this version is the drumming. Bev, IMO wasn't a good fit for Sabbath

Leave a comment:

• Josef_K
    replied
    I'm not a great fan of the studio version, but it works. What I am a fan of though is the live version with Ian Gillan on vocals. The song just works so much better in that era, with their contradictory image of being Spinal Tap-ish one moment and then suddenly more doom and gloom than any other era (Born Again, Zero the Hero, DTP actually switches back and forth in the same song). So yeah, that song fits Ian as if he wrote it himself, the studio version is greatly overshadowed by that imo.

Leave a comment:

• WallOfSleep
    replied
    Originally posted by axeman_12656 View Post
    I know SMARTY PANTS!! But the few post before mine were debating Technical Ecstasy as an album.
    Tee hee!

Leave a comment:

• Wicked Cricket
    replied
    Yea Backstreet Kids gets over looked, it's a better opening rocker than NSD is...

Leave a comment:

• axeman_12656
    replied
    Originally posted by WallOfSleep View Post
    That's Back Street Kids - this thread's about R&R Doctor.
    I know SMARTY PANTS!! But the few post before mine were debating Technical Ecstasy as an album.

Leave a comment:

• WallOfSleep
    replied
    Originally posted by axeman_12656 View Post
    "I'm just another Back Street kid. Rock N' Roll music is the only thing I really dig. Can't stop the music going round inside my head. I'm a rock N' roll soldier gonna play it until i'm dead."

How can someone not love that.
    That's Back Street Kids - this thread's about R&R Doctor.

Leave a comment:

• axeman_12656
    replied
    "I'm just another Back Street kid. Rock N' Roll music is the only thing I really dig. Can't stop the music going round inside my head. I'm a rock N' roll soldier gonna play it until i'm dead."

How can someone not love that.

Leave a comment:

• OZZYIRONMAN
    replied
    Originally posted by mikesline View Post

and your a sabbath fan ?? "are you one of those fans sabbath personally did'nt like" ?? yelling "IRON MAN" "PARANOID"???
    sorry i could never call any work of tony's a turd.
    Thats the only Ozzy era album I rarely listen to. I do like Dirty Women and You Won't Change Me

Leave a comment:

Working...
X