Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vintage Sabbath YouTube Clips Disappearing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vintage Sabbath YouTube Clips Disappearing?

Noticed today that things are disappearing. Wonder if an archive DVD could finally be in the works and maybe the Sabbath camp actually had some things removed for now?

Things like "Paranoid" from Paris 1970 (actually Belgium) that had like 20,000,000 views is gone.

"War Pigs" from the same concert and maybe like 10 million views; gone.

Could it be that whoever put those clips up finally deleted his account? I would think that the Sabbath promo team would have been in touch with whoever had those as getting that many views will take years. Kind of valuable in a sense, right?

Hmmmmm ...
    "It is not opinion that Ozzy peaked on Sabotage, it is a measurable fact."
    -WTB

Youtube videos come and go. Probably the videos are removed due to copyright issues.
    But then again, when they delete one in a day, ten are uploaded at the same time.

I too feel sad about them being deleted though. Imagine if 100 years later the video is still on the site, maybe tens of billions of views, and all the comments made by us still there...
    Do you hear the thunder raging in the sky?
    Premonition of a shattered world that’s gonna die.
    In the age of reason, how do we survive?
    The protocols of evil ravaging so many lives?

Comment

That“s why I download the stuff that“s really important to me; like the 1970 Paris show.

Comment

I have all this stuff on DVD, I'm just surprised that the Sabbath promo team would let videos that have been around long enough to have millions of views be deleted.

It might be a temporary glitch ...
        -WTB

Comment

It's possible, now that Sabbath is "big", that they've hired lawyers to "clean up copyright infringement issues".
          When it was just Tony who owned the name, I'm sure he didn't have the resources to pay lawyers to scour the internet.
          In the fields the bodies burning, as the war machine keeps turning.

Comment

Funny, I've been contacted by someone that represents an entity involved. Asking about dates of broadcast, copy origins, etc.
            Pain and Poison Roses

Comment

Originally posted by EDTRADER View Post
              Funny, I've been contacted by someone that represents an entity involved. Asking about dates of broadcast, copy origins, etc.
              I really hope something "official" is brewing.

And if so, I sure hope they don't mess much with the sound. If they want to tighten up the color of the picture, sure, but the sound quality on Belgium 1970, for example, is incredible. So much punch and the dynamics are just fantastic. The drums sound sensational. If they compress the signal to squat then the sound will never be as good as on The Sabbath Story. Cal Jam and Kirshner already sound great, too!
              -WTB

Comment

I too have noticed how the old better quality video with ozzy is quietly and systematically disappearing. I thought I was imagining it. There can only be on explanation ... Sharon.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff View Post
                  I really hope something "official" is brewing.
                  If so, they'll have a helluva hard time cutting Bill out of the frames...
                  95% of everything i say is pure bullshit just for the fun of it. The other 95% is damn serious!
                  Til įrs ok frišar ok forn sišr

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Underdog View Post
                    If so, they'll have a helluva hard time cutting Bill out of the frames...
                    Why would an archival release face this dilemma?
                    -WTB

Comment

Why would an archival release face this dilemma?
                      If it becomes part of a business venture or BS marketing, Bill will likely insist on it like he did with the website.
                      Casting his shadow, weaving his spell, funny clothes, tinkling bell.

Comment

Noticed today that things are disappearing. Wonder if an archive DVD could finally be in the works
                        It's more likely someone is finally exercizing their copyright and requesting takedowns.
                        Joe Siegler, Webmaster - Black Sabbath Online
                        View my CD collection | View my movie collection | What I've been listening to

"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels." (Matthew 25:41)

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Siegler View Post
                          It's more likely someone is finally exercizing their copyright and requesting takedowns.
                          Well, without a plan of action to offer an alternative, that's a really bad business move, IMO.

When you have a clip on YouTube with 20 million hits like "Paranoid" from Belgium (aka Paris), 1970, that is a essentially a marketing weapon. You are in a very rare stratosphere to have that many views and I would suspect it would be far better to work something out with whoever uploaded it way back when.

---------- Post added at 06:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:05 PM ----------

Originally posted by Now in Darkness View Post
                          If it becomes part of a business venture or BS marketing, Bill will likely insist on it like he did with the website.
                          Really? I've bought what I suspect are fairly recent printings of old Black Sabbath albums recently and see no evidence of this.

I think there is a clear distinction between what is believed to be promotional for the current lineup and tour and archive material/older albums with Bill.
                          -WTB

Comment

I know nothing about it Jeff. I was just trying to expand on Billy's response since you asked a follow-up question. I suspect that Bill's rights to the use of his image were exercised in relation to new commercial projects (since the contract issue), and are not retro-active.
                            Casting his shadow, weaving his spell, funny clothes, tinkling bell.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Siegler View Post
                              Joe, do you like "13"? Haven't hear from you on the new one...
                              "Music is so sacred to me that I can’t hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
                              R. Blackmore

Comment

Working...
                              X