No announcement yet.

Age Of Reason first perfomance live

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ozzy is singing in key, just not the same key as everyone else. Guitar & bass are in E. Wondering why the fuck they're not downtuning as they always do with other songs.
    The dog's name is Pete. If he tries to mount you in the middle of the night, say "no" sternly. But don't look him in the eye.

Comment

Originally posted by David86 View Post
      Ozzy is singing in key, just not the same key as everyone else. Guitar & bass are in E. Wondering why the fuck they're not downtuning as they always do with other songs.
      Eb, but I otherwise agree with you
      "The consequence of conscience/Is that you'll be left somewhere/Swinging in the air"-Ronnie James Dio (1942-2010) R.I.P. King Of Metal
      "Just take a look around you what do you see/Pain, suffering, and misery/It's not the way that the world was planned/It's a pity you don't understand" - Geezer Butler
      "If god is in heaven/How can this happen here" - Phil Lynott (1949-1986)

Comment

Originally posted by David86 View Post
        If the band is in one key and the singer is in another... by definition then the singer is off key.
        In the fields the bodies burning, as the war machine keeps turning.

Comment

I think for the ozzy vocal, the music of the 13 would fit better live would live forever, especially the chorus he could even play for the audience that would be pretty cool
          Just remeber love is life and hate is living dead
          Treat your life for what it's worth and live for every breath
          Looking back I've lived and learned, but now I'm wondering
          Here I wait and only guess what the next life will bring
          Ha Ha!!!!

Comment

i don't post much, but follow the band relatively closely......didn't like Clufetos at first, literally hated him when i saw them at Lolla last year, in spite of ozzy's slightly off vocals, felt like Clufetos sounded like an amateur out there. That said, the videos seem to indicate that he's made progress. HOWEVER. he manages to play age of reason wrong unless my ears are tricking me. All his arm flailing causes him to play a slightly abbreviated version of the intro drum riff at least to my ears. Plus the bridge at around the 3:30 mark on the studio version, that part, live he removes fills and plays it straighter than the album version, which to me sounds weak. I get it, he's a pro and the band likes him, but any drummer will tell you that his arm flailing showmanship nonsense is noneconomical movement that in the case of sabbath causes him to lose some of that "swing" they need. Plus, it causes him to do things like abbreviate fills or slightly alter parts, which is stupid. Play it right dude. As for ozz, dunno what his deal is, first time playing the tune, they'll figure it out eventually.

Comment

"Seeds of change that don't bear fruit" went well. Other than that...cringe-worthy all the way.
              https://soundcloud.com/deadloss-2

Comment

There have been subsequent performances of said song

Comment

Originally posted by OZZYIRONMAN View Post
                  There have been subsequent performances of said song
                  That is an astute observation!
                  In the fields the bodies burning, as the war machine keeps turning.

Comment

Nice Performance and Ozzy's singing decent.

Comment

Improvement last night too

Comment

Working...
                      X