Clear All

• Austin, TX Show Thread. Videos and Discussion

Same set list as Houston.

Here is the first video out.

www.downtrendmetal.com

Paranoid

www.downtrendmetal.com

Comment

War Pigs: coming up flat, but at least in the ballpark.
      Paranoid: Good enough

Sounds like they've fixed the problem?

Comment

Faries Wear Boots

Starts Flat also, but then he nails the last verse.

I am a fan of Tommy as I have said many times, but I have to admit, Faries is the track I like him the least on. Something about that intro just don't sound right.
        Last edited by axeman_12656; 07-27-2013, 11:08 PM.
        www.downtrendmetal.com

Comment

Meh, if he's off half a cunt hair it's good enough for me.

Comment

Joe Went Tonight ,I Wonder If He Got To Meet n' Greet W/ The Boyz

Comment

Black Sabbath (Missing the ending. WOW, who films the whole song then cuts off the part where it kicks in?)

Last edited by axeman_12656; 07-27-2013, 11:50 PM.
              www.downtrendmetal.com

Comment

The guys are tearing it up there. Ozzy is Ozzy, but Tony is on fire.

Comment

HERE YOU GO... THE PROBLEM IS THE MONITORS!!

Watch Ozzy sing the first line of IRON MAN awful tonight in Austin. Then he motions to the onstage sound man to adjust it. Ozzy and the onstage sound guy go back and fourth for almost 2 minutes. After it all, Ozzy nails the final verse.

As many has stated, Ozzy is having trouble hearing what he needs the monitors.

IRON MAN
                  Last edited by axeman_12656; 07-28-2013, 12:32 AM.
                  www.downtrendmetal.com

Comment

Originally posted by axeman_12656 View Post

Watch Ozzy sing the first line of IRON MAN awful tonight in Austin. Then he motions to the onstage sound man to adjust it. Ozzy and the onstage sound guy go back and fourth for almost 2 minutes.

As many has stated, Ozzy is having trouble hearing the monitors.

IRON MAN
                    Wow, looks like the monitor monkey needs to find a new job. Thanks for pointing it out.

Comment

Reading all these 1st show comments have to wonder how many tours some people have seen a first show, and are smart enough to know that and the last couple usually the worst.

Like most music sites it's 75% complaining what they don't like, not grasping the "get in gear" aspect, tech dial in, etc. to the point of "tight."

I'm well over 300 concerts and never went to one where I paid for a ticket, drove, then watched it on a stupid Ipod screen so I could post it on the web.

Guess what "tech kiddies," Sharon no doubt filming all, best clips will be on a DVD in 12-18 months. Then instead of watching that on an Ipod or a PC, think I'll go with the 50 in TV and
                      home 350 watts real home system that makes it sound real and look right rather than some piece of crap PC/Phone system.

To many not seeing what they can, grasping what it is. But then again most never hear the music as it's meant to be heard since most under 25 think an Ipod as a
                      suppository is a sound system.

Comment

Watch Ozzy sing the first line of IRON MAN awful tonight in Austin. Then he motions to the onstage sound man to adjust it. Ozzy and the onstage sound guy go back and fourth for almost 2 minutes. After it all, Ozzy nails the final verse.

Yeah I saw that. Knew there was a reason for it.

Heres Into the Void from tonight. Sounds pretty spiffy to me. Ozz even brings in some vibrato during the fast part. Compare this performance to Ozzfest 2005 to see how Ozzy has, somehow, gotten better in the last few years.

Originally posted by justme1 View Post
                        Reading all these 1st show comments have to wonder how many tours some people have seen a first show, and are smart enough to know that and the last couple usually the worst.

Like most music sites it's 75% complaining what they don't like, not grasping the "get in gear" aspect, tech dial in, etc. to the point of "tight."

I'm well over 300 concerts and never went to one where I paid for a ticket, drove, then watched it on a stupid Ipod screen so I could post it on the web.

Guess what "tech kiddies," Sharon no doubt filming all, best clips will be on a DVD in 12-18 months. Then instead of watching that on an Ipod or a PC, think I'll go with the 50 in TV and
                        home 350 watts real home system that makes it sound real and look right rather than some piece of crap PC/Phone system.

To many not seeing what they can, grasping what it is. But then again most never hear the music as it's meant to be heard since most under 25 think an Ipod as a
                        suppository is a sound system.
                        Alice Cooper wrote a great post about this:

Ok pet peeve... Call me old-school, or maybe just OLD. There's a whole show going on in front of you. It takes many talented people to put on a show. There are many sleepless nights, personal sacrifices and bruises... PUT YOUR PHONE OR YOUR TABLET DOWN. You don't need to film the show. Experience it. You are there! We are doing this for you! Take some photos sure, but you are missing the SHOW while trying to film a grainy poor quality version to share online and watch later while bumping into people in the street. Come on! #ReallyBakesMyCookies, #PutYourPhoneDown, #TechnoTard, #GetOffMyLawn

Comment

You mean the sky isn falling?

Comment

IRON MAN
                            They sound very good, Cluftus nailed it!
                            "Music is so sacred to me that I canít hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
                            R. Blackmore

Comment

Here's a review for the Austin Show - http://themetalfiles.com/2013/07/28/...in-tx-7272013/

I've talked to one friend who went to both shows & said the Austin show was better than Houston so maybe they are getting some of the bugs out
                              At least my hair is all mine, My teeth are my own, but everything else is on a permanent loan I'm on a low budget - Ray Davies

Comment

Working...
                              X