Bill Ward Interview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bill Ward Interview

I am not sure if anyone has posted this but I did not see it yet. So here it is!
    http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.asp...sitemID=193173

I think this pretty much closes the door on any opportunity for Bill to return live or on any future studio album. Shame. No mention of those three promised studio albums either.

Comment

Originally posted by jstheconqueror View Post
      I am not sure if anyone has posted this but I did not see it yet. So here it is!
      http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.asp...sitemID=193173
      Scum commenters on blabbernozzle

Comment

I'm not sure I read into it that he's closing the door, sounds like he gets a contract he likes he's in... but he's a strange dude... he has his positions and doesn't waiver from them, Bill a hard core old schooler... no one knows what the offer was or wasn't so let's not open that back up again... bottom line is he didn't like it and backed out... it's all water under the bridge.
        "Music is so sacred to me that I canít hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
        R. Blackmore

Comment

Well just read the interview.
          Here is the full interview and without blabbermouth comments.
          http://guitarinternational.com/2013/...ce-of-corners/

Comment

I don't really know what to say or think about all of this...In that interview Bill comes off bit bitter and greedy...all about a contract, couldn't do the Birmingham show because he didn't get paid...well no one else got paid either...that was kinda the point of that show...

And still calling himself the Black Sabbath drummer...saying that he never left...I don't even know what to say about that. Why the hell is there another guy drumming in the band then.

I don't know...Bill's lost pretty much all credibility already for me...

I do wonder what Bill's idea of a good contract is then? 50%?

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Cricket View Post
              I'm not sure I read into it that he's closing the door, sounds like he gets a contract he likes he's in... but he's a strange dude... he has his positions and doesn't waiver from them, Bill a hard core old schooler... no one knows what the offer was or wasn't so let's not open that back up again... bottom line is he didn't like it and backed out... it's all water under the bridge.
              I was working on the theory that for Bill to return there needs to be some compromise on both sides, and Bill isnt compromising on any of the concerns I've seen flagged. So for me this is Bill signing off.

Comment

Originally posted by Charger View Post
                I don't really know what to say or think about all of this...In that interview Bill comes off bit bitter and greedy...all about a contract, couldn't do the Birmingham show because he didn't get paid...well no one else got paid either...that was kinda the point of that show...

And still calling himself the Black Sabbath drummer...saying that he never left...I don't even know what to say about that. Why the hell is there another guy drumming in the band then.

I don't know...Bill's lost pretty much all credibility already for me...

I do wonder what Bill's idea of a good contract is then? 50%?
                Agree with what ya said 100% Charger, I don't know what to make of Bill... it does come across as greedy or $ above all else... I said before this reunion record and tour, possibly the last forever... was priceless, yet Bill acts like he's 25 yrs old and needs to cash in... he still would have made millions I bet, just don't get it..
                "Music is so sacred to me that I canít hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
                R. Blackmore

Comment

I don't think it's the cash per se. More likely he feels BS is a four man entity with all members sharing equally i.e. 25%. If that happens to be his position and anything less than 25% was offered then he isn't being greedy, just principled.

Comment

All I can say is I greatly admire this man's integrity. His drum art looks interesting, perhaps a bit too avant-garde for me but I'll give it some time, I wonder how much the collection will cost...
                    "I am the crazy man who lives inside your head, but I think I'm breaking through the wall... You are the innocent convicted of the crime, no one was ever there to catch you when you fall" (1992)
                    -Ronnie James Dio, Rest in Peace

"In the summer days we flew to the sun, on melting wings, but the seasons changed to fast, leave us all behind... Blind..." (1969)
                    - Jon Lord, Rest in Peace

My first album!!!:
                    http://open.spotify.com/album/60jv1AdlWvi1KlcR8JhG4b

Comment

it's not all about money.... there is much more to it then that...

Be well

Comment

Hmmm, it's an interesting interview. In my opinion, reading between the lines here, Bill's position is based on something other than money. In fact, he never mentioned money. He immediately, and without being led, said that "I would never, ever show up for a commitment that I couldn't do physically". He also said that the contract was "unworkable". It would be so easy to make this simple and say that "they weren't offering me a fair share of the proceeds", but Bill did not say that here, or on any other occasion.

In my opinion, money is secondary. This comes down to the band building in an insurance policy (back-up drummer), in order to be able to deal with any physical issues that Bill might have, and to address a possible disappearing act that he might do. Sadly, we have seen that before from Bill, and the band would be foolish to ignore the possibilty. I would think that this plan would have been financed from Bill's piece of the pie, and that he found that offensive, because, in his mind, he was ready, willing, and able to play. He didn't see the issues that the others saw, which is usually the case when someone becomes the odd man out.

Don't give up on Bill yet. He clearly said, in the interview, that he would be open to playing with Sabbath again, if he gets a workable contract. From where I'm sitting, that will happen if Bill can prove he can play, and is in shape, unless of course, the band feels that they need to still protect themselves from a disappearing act. Best I can tell, the future is in Bill's hands to make this happen with conviction. Hope he gets his butt in gear and works hard to prove himself. I did not get the sense that he has closed the door at all. His biggest challenge will be to deal honestly with the feedback he has received from the band, while extricating his pride and ego from his self assessment. I do believe that it will happen.
                        Last edited by Now in Darkness; 07-31-2013, 10:01 AM.
                        Casting his shadow, weaving his spell, funny clothes, tinkling bell.

Comment

He talks about his "daily writing and recording." I'll believe that when he releases something.

He says he'd never show up for a commitment that he couldn't do physically. But he has done that in the past. He was a trainwreck in 1994 and he was obviously struggling in 2005, playing sloppily, skipping fills, and making lots of mistakes.

Finally, when he talks about the drum art he sounds, to me, kind of cuckoo. The pieces are created from the movements of his drumming. How the heck does that capture his troubled emotions or whatever? He's playing the drums and the images are random blurs of motion, yet he talks about sharing "something very intimate." It's bizarre.
                          https://soundcloud.com/deadloss-2

Comment

Bill talks like he could handle the whole tour... that's alot of shows!!!

The Texas heat was kicking Ozzy's ass. I think Bill is older than Ozzy and playing the drums in that Texas heat at Bill's age? I think Sharon, Gloria and Tony's manager were looking at Bill's finishing the tour realisticly knowing Bill would have a difficult time playing every show.

I still wished Bill played on 13 but the major bucks come from the live shows!!!!

Comment

It's time for Bill and his supporters to face reality and offically retire... he's not coming back ever, I don't believe it'll ever happen... he is Sabbath's drummer for life but his days of playing are over... NID wrote a very good assesment of where Bill's at reading between the lines, but people complain about TC when Bill was a shell of himself just a few years ago, in 2005.... sloppy, out of shape, bad drumming in general... sorry, but a drummer for a rock band, is an athelete... he has to be young and in shape, Bill is neither... they aren't a soft jazz band or a blues band they're frickin rock, heavy metal... he's too old that's the reality...
                              R. Blackmore

Comment

Working...
                              X