So Tommy's back on the drums then?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So Tommy's back on the drums then?

I thought Ozzy was just confused on the bootleg from the Australian tour but it really was Tommy?
    so it was also him on the CSI show?
    and he's doing the US tour and presumably the UK tour too?

what happened to Brad?
    I'm sorry I know I'm really late with this

It's funny 'cause Geezer actually said nice things about Brad but I understand Tommy is "professional" - although doesn't that really mean he'll do what Sharon says?

woah what a lot of questions!

Where do I start..?
    "Music is so sacred to me that I can’t hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
    R. Blackmore

Comment

Originally posted by neonite View Post
      I thought Ozzy was just confused on the bootleg from the Australian tour but it really was Tommy?

what happened to Brad?

It's funny 'cause Geezer actually said nice things about Brad but I understand Tommy is "professional" - although doesn't that really mean he'll do what Sharon says?

In short... YES are are very late.

Brad played on the album but has never done a live gig with Sabbath. Tommy has done all of them including the CSI taping.

The plan was never for Brad to be a member of Black Sabbath. Black Sabbath 2013 is TONY, GEEZER and OZZY.

Tommy drums for those guys... It's a gig we all could only dream about and he is killing it out there.

Hope this helps.
      www.downtrendmetal.com

Comment

what happened to Brad?

Rick Rubin didn't want Tommy to record with the band. I don't know why but I presume Rick wasn't a fan of his playing. Brad Wilk wa brought in for the record only.

Comment

Originally posted by VikingChrist View Post
          Rick Rubin didn't want Tommy to record with the band. I don't know why but I presume Rick wasn't a fan of his playing. Brad Wilk wa brought in for the record only.
          You really haven't understood why yet? Rick Rubin luckily understood Tommy's the wrong drummer for Sab, something they apparently don't see themselves, and had a pretty spot on suggestion with Wilk. Simple as that...
          95% of everything i say is pure bullshit just for the fun of it. The other 95% is damn serious!
          Til įrs ok frišar ok forn sišr

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Underdog View Post
            You really haven't understood why yet? Rick Rubin luckily understood Tommy's the wrong drummer for Sab, something they apparently don't see themselves, and had a pretty spot on suggestion with Wilk. Simple as that...
            Yeah, but why wasn't Bill Ward on the album?

/runsaway
            gadji beri bimba glandridi laula lonni cadori - Ball

Comment

I haven't heard them play with Tommy (I haven't bothered to check out any videos).

Comment

Originally posted by Vynlsol View Post

/runsaway

Originally posted by VikingChrist View Post
                I haven't heard them play with Tommy (I haven't bothered to check out any videos).
                Well, then i see why you don't understand it. And don't bother to check out videos only to see how he's doing, but ofcource go see them live if you can. Live there and then's so full of energy that those (relative) minor flaws are easy to ignore when you're psyched and pumped...
                Last edited by Billy Underdog; 08-01-2013, 02:55 PM.
                95% of everything i say is pure bullshit just for the fun of it. The other 95% is damn serious!
                Til įrs ok frišar ok forn sišr

Comment

He's not??? I want my money back!!!
                  In the fields the bodies burning, as the war machine keeps turning.

Comment

/runsaway
                    Long story.... Bill is out from the band since.... Before their reunion 2012 show, more info here:
                    http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...-gigs-20120515

Tony Iommi talks about it:
                    http://loudwire.com/tony-iommi-expla...ith-bill-ward/

Comment

/runsaway
                      Now you are far too late to get an answer for that... :-)

Comment

Well, then i see why you don't understand it. And don't bother to check out videos only to see how he's doing, but ofcource go see them live if you can. Live there and then's so full of energy that those (relative) minor flaws are easy to ignore when you're psyched and pumped...
                        Well, I guess maybe I should have clarified that when I said "I don't know why" that I meant that Rubin has never publicly said why he didn't want Tommy on the album.

Comment

thanks for replying everybody!

only 5 months to go for the UK tour!

Comment

thanks for replying everybody!

only 5 months to go for the UK tour!
                            Make sure to record it!

Comment

Working...
                            X