Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jersey Show Reviews Are In

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Jersey Show Reviews Are In

    Black Sabbath Brings Brutal Riffs – And Lots Of Love – To New Jersey During ’13′ Tour
    http://cbsloc.al/13hQ1p4

  • #2
    I was at this one. Great show. Ozzy was much better than I expected him to be, especially after reading a lot of the accounts around the internet. Iommi was absolutely untouchable. One of the best shows I've ever been to. Can't wait til Philly this Saturday.

    Comment


    • #3
      Are you going to the PHilly show, too? Lucky east coasters - everything's so close out there.

      Comment


      • #4
        When the first round of dates was announced, the Jersey show was the closest to me so I got tickets immediately...only to find a week or so later they were playing in Philly. I wasn't doing anything else so I figured why not.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by leecal View Post
          Are you going to the PHilly show, too? Lucky east coasters - everything's so close out there.
          Sabbath isn't coming to my state so I got tickets for INDIANAPOLIS. That's a 5 hour drive for me. Well, I was looking last week and noticed the the show before Indianapolis is Tinley Park, IL it's just 2 hours north of Indy. So I went ahead and got tickets for it also. Tinley Park is a 7 hour drive for me, but hell I will already be in Indy for that show anyway... so we decided to go ahead and drive 2 more hours and get two shows out of it. I can't wait. I have seen Sabbath 6 times and Ozzy 15 but catching them on back to back dates will be special.
          www.downtrendmetal.com

          Comment


          • #6
            One thing I noticed on this tour, and it left me with a weird feeling...Ozzy use to say at every live show in th e70's... "We love you all!" Now he says "I love you all.." What makes of that? I just think it's weird..

            But Bill Ward wasn’t there, and his drums are such an essential part of the early Sabbath sound. Does it feel like Black Sabbath without him?

            This was also interesting... and I agree with it..

            To be sure, it’s a disappointment that Sabbath’s founding drummer hasn’t been involved with the 13 album or tour. Rumors have circulated that, when this reunion was in its early phases, his drumming wasn’t up to par. He denies this. But whatever the case may be, Tommy Clufetos, from Ozzy’s solo band, does an incredible job. The hard truth is, while Bill’s drumming may have a bit more nuance, he probably couldn’t have matched Clufetos’ powerful performance.

            If you had to make a comparison, try this one. When you see The Who in concert, they’re great in part because they have a great drummer in Zak Starkey. Is he Keith Moon? No. But he is an incredible drummer who powers the engine that lets Townshend and Daltrey to shine on stage. Same deal with Clufetos
            Last edited by Wicked Cricket; 08-06-2013, 01:17 PM.
            "Music is so sacred to me that I can’t hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
            R. Blackmore

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Wicked Cricket View Post
              One thing I noticed on this tour, and it left me with a weird feeling...Ozzy use to say at every live show in th e70's... "We love you all!" Now he says "I love you all.." What makes of that? I just think it's weird..
              [/I]
              I always notice that too!! In the 90s he would go back and fourth and do both.
              www.downtrendmetal.com

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by axeman_12656 View Post
                Sabbath isn't coming to my state so I got tickets for INDIANAPOLIS. That's a 5 hour drive for me.
                I don't think you've got much to complain about. They're doing only one show in my country, which for me means an 8 h train-ride, an expensive hotel-room, an expensive cab-ride to the venue, the same cab-ride back to the hotel, and the same train-ride back home...

                But it's worth it, couse it's Sabbath..

                Atleast you live in a country where you can choose which venue you feel suits your needs best. I've only got one choise...

                But as i said; the important thing is to get to see them.
                Last edited by Billy Underdog; 08-06-2013, 03:58 PM.
                95% of everything i say is pure bullshit just for the fun of it. The other 95% is damn serious!
                Til įrs ok frišar ok forn sišr

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Billy Underdog View Post
                  I don't think you've got much to complain about. They're doing only one show in my country, which for me means an 8 h train-ride, an expensive hotel-room, an expensive cab-ride to the venue, the same cab-ride back to the hotel, and the same train-ride back home...

                  But it's worth it, couse it's Sabbath..

                  Atleast you live in a country where you can choose which venue you feel suits your needs best. I've only got one choise...

                  But as i said; the important thing is to get to see them.


                  Received, Read and Understood!! haha... Yeah Billy I know it could be worse. the US is big. A lot of tours don't come within driving distance at all. But like you said, its Sabbath. Gotta do it.
                  www.downtrendmetal.com

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Billy Underdog View Post
                    I don't think you've got much to complain about. They're doing only one show in my country, which for me means an 8 h train-ride, an expensive hotel-room, an expensive cab-ride to the venue, the same cab-ride back to the hotel, and the same train-ride back home...

                    But it's worth it, couse it's Sabbath..

                    Atleast you live in a country where you can choose which venue you feel suits your needs best. I've only got one choise...

                    But as i said; the important thing is to get to see them.

                    Why can't you just drive yourself to the concert, surely it will faster than train, cab, hotel, etc... If it's 8hrs by train should be about 5hrs by car, and just grab a burger/coke on your way out.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by RedZero View Post
                      Why can't you just drive yourself to the concert, surely it will faster than train, cab, hotel, etc... If it's 8hrs by train should be about 5hrs by car, and just grab a burger/coke on your way out.
                      That would've been cool if i had a drivers licence And as most of my friends haven't got one either, i don't think i can trick one of the few who's got one to join me. They're just not big enough fans. Also, driving would mean staying sober, and that doesn't really suit going to a rock-consert in my mind...
                      95% of everything i say is pure bullshit just for the fun of it. The other 95% is damn serious!
                      Til įrs ok frišar ok forn sišr

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Billy Underdog View Post
                        That would've been cool if i had a drivers licence And as most of my friends haven't got one either, i don't think i can trick one of the few who's got one to join me. They're just not big enough fans. Also, driving would mean staying sober, and that doesn't really suit going to a rock-consert in my mind...
                        Sheesh, I am very lucky. 25 minute drive from home, and I'm there. However, I'll be walking from work....about 15 minutes. Aug 22 is getting close. Billy, you'll have a great adventure!!! I took the next day off from work to recover.
                        Casting his shadow, weaving his spell, funny clothes, tinkling bell.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Now in Darkness View Post
                          Billy, you'll have a great adventure!!!
                          I sure will. I'm looking forward to it almost as much as i looked forward to 13.
                          95% of everything i say is pure bullshit just for the fun of it. The other 95% is damn serious!
                          Til įrs ok frišar ok forn sišr

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Now in Darkness View Post
                            Sheesh, I am very lucky. 25 minute drive from home, and I'm there. However, I'll be walking from work....about 15 minutes. Aug 22 is getting close. Billy, you'll have a great adventure!!! I took the next day off from work to recover.
                            I got up 4:00am to go to work, the next day, but the show was worth it.
                            "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
                            "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
                            ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
                              I got up 4:00am to go to work, the next day, but the show was worth it.
                              Ya, that is gross. I used to have to do that. Now I get up at 5:20 AM, and it still kills me.
                              Casting his shadow, weaving his spell, funny clothes, tinkling bell.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X