South America Tour Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• South America Tour Thread

Never to early to start the Southern leg of the tour thread. Does anyone have the gig dates. I searched and couldn't find it. If you have them, enter them in a comment.

www.downtrendmetal.com

Comment

I found a few more at http://www.ozzy.com/us/events

October 15 Belo Horizonte, Brazil
      October 22 San Jose, Costa Rica

I'm excited about the Bogota show. Remember what happened the last time Sabbath (H&H whatever) played there.

Comment

Originally posted by RedZero View Post
        Never to early to start the Southern leg of the tour thread. Does anyone have the gig dates. I searched and couldn't find it. If you have them, enter them in a comment.
        http://www.blacksabbath.com/events.html
        95% of everything i say is pure bullshit just for the fun of it. The other 95% is damn serious!
        Til árs ok friðar ok forn siðr

Comment

4 October 2013 - Santiago, Chile
          6 October 2013 - La Plata, Argentina
          9 October 2013 - Porto Alegre, Brazil
          11 October 2013 - São Paulo, Brazil
          13 October 2013 - Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
          15 October 2013 - Belo Horizonte, Brazil
          19 October 2013 - Bogotá, Colombia
          22 October 2013 - San José, Costa Rica
          26 October 2013 - Ciudad de Mexico, Mexico

Comment

I found a few more at http://www.ozzy.com/us/events

October 15 Belo Horizonte, Brazil
            October 22 San Jose, Costa Rica

I'm excited about the Bogota show. Remember what happened the last time Sabbath (H&H whatever) played there.
            Did something peculiar transpire then? All I remember from the SA tour is the packed houses and raving fans. South American rock crowds are quite possibly the best in the whole world - I remember that they sang along nearly every riff :laugh. The intro of "I" and the solo section of COS actually worked really well with crowd chanting the riffs/licks.
            "The consequence of conscience/Is that you'll be left somewhere/Swinging in the air"-Ronnie James Dio (1942-2010) R.I.P. King Of Metal
            "Just take a look around you what do you see/Pain, suffering, and misery/It's not the way that the world was planned/It's a pity you don't understand" - Geezer Butler
            "If god is in heaven/How can this happen here" - Phil Lynott (1949-1986)

Comment

Originally posted by -E5150 StarWanderer- View Post
              Did something peculiar transpire then? All I remember from the SA tour is the packed houses and raving fans. South American rock crowds are quite possibly the best in the whole world - I remember that they sang along nearly every riff :laugh. The intro of "I" and the solo section of COS actually worked really well with crowd chanting the riffs/licks.
              Yes the crowds down south are insane. What a great place to hold concerts.

TDYK started the tour in Colombia (El Campin stadium in 2009) and the govt radio broadcasted the FM signal on the internet. Arguably the best audio quality of the entire tour. I heard the "Bogota Stream" on-line but didn't have time to setup and capture it. Iommi and the band didn't know they were being streamed. Tony was not happy; I don't think Dio cared it was done. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that there is a repeat of it.

I'm gonna search for the radio station that streamed it and will post the link here if I find it.
              Doesn't hurt to be prepared this time.

Edit: there are some audience boots out there but those aren't the Bogota FM Stream.
              Last edited by RedZero; 09-06-2013, 10:18 AM.

Comment

The setlist for South America might change a little......They might bring back Electric Funeral, Sweet Leaf, The Wizard and Symptom of the Universe instrumental.
                I wish they would play Cornucopia and Hand of Doom.

Comment

TDYK started the tour in Colombia (El Campin stadium in 2009) and the govt radio broadcasted the FM signal on the internet. Arguably the best audio quality of the entire tour. I heard the "Bogota Stream" on-line but didn't have time to setup and capture it. Iommi and the band didn't know they were being streamed. Tony was not happy; I don't think Dio cared it was done. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that there is a repeat of it.

I'm gonna search for the radio station that streamed it and will post the link here if I find it.

Edit: there are some audience boots out there but those aren't the Bogota FM Stream.
                  The only problem with that is that the DJs talk all the time...makes the whole thing virtually unlistenable....the Bonn show audio (and naturally the dvd) are much much more enjoyable.

Possible setlist changes? I wouldn't hold my breath...if anything they'll drop a song or two maybe....hopefully not, but they have a long history in that.

Comment

4 October 2013 - Santiago, Chile
                    6 October 2013 - La Plata, Argentina
                    9 October 2013 - Porto Alegre, Brazil
                    11 October 2013 - São Paulo, Brazil
                    13 October 2013 - Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
                    15 October 2013 - Belo Horizonte, Brazil
                    16 October 2013 - Lima, Perú (CANCELLED)
                    19 October 2013 - Bogotá, Colombia
                    22 October 2013 - San José, Costa Rica
                    26 October 2013 - Ciudad de Mexico, Mexico

I'm from Ecuador and I'll travel to see them in Chile, the first date of the Tour and I'm a VIP, hopefully they'll make atleast a little change to the setlist, Megadeth will play between 45 minutes and 1 hour 15 minutes, and Black Sabbath will play from 1 hour 50 minutes to 2 hours, so I don't think they'll drop any song.

---------- Post added at 06:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:55 PM ----------

Yeah, I heard it online and it was an awesome show, the Latin American crowds are insane in every country.
                    Well, I'll bring you photos, videos and a review of the show in Chile.

Comment

I will be playing the lotto and i anticipate winning. and therefore i will be attending all SA Shows

Comment

To be honest, Im so fucking proud of the Chilean crowd at metal concert, Singing every fucking riff, Its just insane. I've seen crowds reaction of Canada, American And European audiences and are not quite the same, It's different between bands But, Here It Wont be possible to make a show with seat numbers and everyone in the proper place, Here, every show is chaotic, pretty unique.

I Remember I Talk with Canadians once, and people from England at the KISS concert in Chile, and they had traveled here just to see the show because they said, Here was crazier :D

Comment

Originally posted by -ECJM- View Post

Yeah, I heard it online and it was an awesome show, the Latin American crowds are insane in every country.
                          Well, I'll bring you photos, videos and a review of the show in Chile.

ECJM, please record the audio too. The shows down there are hard to find. It's cool how his board has representatives from all over the globe.

Comment

ECJM, please record the audio too. The shows down there are hard to find. It's cool how his board has representatives from all over the globe.
                            The best proof that Rock N Roll has no borders !

Comment

And the openning band will be Megadeth,what a great night with this two fuckin awesome concerts
                              Just remeber love is life and hate is living dead
                              Treat your life for what it's worth and live for every breath
                              Looking back I've lived and learned, but now I'm wondering
                              Here I wait and only guess what the next life will bring
                              Ha Ha!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X