• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A message fromTony on his website

It's kind of a sad one.

Here is the link
    http://www.iommi.com/index.php?story=209

9th September 2013

Well we've finished the US leg of our world tour. It was a bit longer than I would have liked as I've already been in hospital having another infusion. The tour was amazing though, you always hope it's going to go well but you never know, it's great to look out and see so many people of all ages. The new songs have been going down well, we've played them enough now so we're comfortable and that helps the performance. Many thanks to everyone who came to see us, South America next, and just like Australia this is a first time for Ozzy, Geezer and me together. All the best!

- Tony

Last edited by axeman_12656; 09-09-2013, 10:07 PM.
    www.downtrendmetal.com

Originally posted by axeman_12656 View Post
    It's kind of a sad one.
    Atleast he seems like he's in good spirit. And so cool that after 45 yrs in the biz, there's still some first-time experiences for them.
    95% of everything i say is pure bullshit just for the fun of it. The other 95% is damn serious!
    Til įrs ok frišar ok forn sišr

Comment

Just as a reference, unless he specifically means the current touring lineup (including Tommy and Adam), it wasn't the first time for Australia. The original lineup had been there a few times in the 70's.

Comment

Originally posted by SweetSymptom View Post
        The original lineup had been there a few times in the 70's.
        Yeah, i was actually wondering a bit about that, but i wasn't quite sure.
        Might be he's tired and a bit dazed after a long tour-leg and the last infusion, so he just forgot?
        95% of everything i say is pure bullshit just for the fun of it. The other 95% is damn serious!
        Til įrs ok frišar ok forn sišr

Comment

I don't see anything sad in it. Tony may be just a bit tired because of the tour and medication.
          Do you hear the thunder raging in the sky?
          Premonition of a shattered world that’s gonna die.
          In the age of reason, how do we survive?
          The protocols of evil ravaging so many lives?

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Underdog View Post
            Might be he's tired and a bit dazed after a long tour-leg and the last infusion, so he just forgot?
            Maybe. Either way it's fine, but you knew someone was gonna point it out. Still in a sense it was a first, as most of the audience were probably too young to have seen them during their last go around.

Comment

It's kind of a sad one.

Here is the link
              http://www.iommi.com/index.php?story=209

9th September 2013

Well we've finished the US leg of our world tour. It was a bit longer than I would have liked as I've already been in hospital having another infusion. The tour was amazing though, you always hope it's going to go well but you never know, it's great to look out and see so many people of all ages. The new songs have been going down well, we've played them enough now so we're comfortable and that helps the performance. Many thanks to everyone who came to see us, South America next, and just like Australia this is a first time for Ozzy, Geezer and me together. All the best!

- Tony
              Sounds like he missed an infusion by a few days and had to get one immediately after coming off tour. Ideally he would wind down for a bit before the treatment.

Comment

we're all with you Tony, soldier on! God speed!
                "Music is so sacred to me that I can’t hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
                R. Blackmore

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Underdog View Post
                  I noticed the same thing as soon as I read the post yesterady...

Maybe he was so damn high back then that he just simply doesn't remember!

Comment

Originally posted by LouiST View Post
                    I don't see anything sad in it. Tony may be just a bit tired because of the tour and medication.
                    I just meant that it is sad that directly after the tour he had to go back and start treatment so quickly. That is gonna be hard on his body.

Exctied though the he seems so high on the band right now though. As he should, they just completed a smokin tour of North America.
                    www.downtrendmetal.com

Comment

I'm really happy that Tony enjoyed the tour, even if it was overlong.

Comment

I just meant that it is sad that directly after the tour he had to go back and start treatment so quickly. That is gonna be hard on his body.

Exctied though the he seems so high on the band right now though. As he should, they just completed a smokin tour of North America.
                        Ah I get it. Yea it surely is a sad thing that the cancer can't be rid of once and for all. But after all Tony went through probably the worst stage of it, gave us 13 and went on touring. The devil invaded once and Tony kicked him out. Even if the devil comes a million more times Tony can still kick him out! Really wish Tony well \m/
                        Do you hear the thunder raging in the sky?
                        Premonition of a shattered world that’s gonna die.
                        In the age of reason, how do we survive?
                        The protocols of evil ravaging so many lives?

Comment

The guy is a legend. Respect to him for being so strong

Comment

Originally posted by spreadshiswings View Post
                            The guy is a legend. Respect to him for being so strong
                            One of the greatest posts in board history!! Welcome to the forums.
                            www.downtrendmetal.com

Comment

One of the greatest posts in board history!! Welcome to the forums.
                              You sound like a Doc "mini-me".
                              Casting his shadow, weaving his spell, funny clothes, tinkling bell.

Comment

Working...
                              X