No announcement yet.

#1 Album And Only One Single Released?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #1 Album And Only One Single Released?!

Sharon, why hasn't another single been released to radio for 13..? We had one and it was a 9 min. nugget to chew on, where's LONER, perfect chugga chugga metal riff, classic Sabbath, under 5 min... what gives? It woulda coulda kept 13 and Sabbath on the front pages and in our autos... Failed marketing me thinks... radio is still playing cuts from Paranoid...
    Last edited by Wicked Cricket; 09-28-2013, 07:24 AM.
    "Music is so sacred to me that I can’t hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
    R. Blackmore

Originally posted by Wicked Cricket View Post
    Sharon, why hasn't another single been released to radio for 13..? We had one and it was a 9 min. nugget to chew on, where's LONER, perfect chugga chugga metal riff, classic Sabbath, under 5 min... what gives? I woulda coulda kept 13 and Sabbath on the front pages and in our autos... Failed marketing me thinks... radio is still playing cuts from Paranoid...
    Good point. Loner would be perfect.
    Upping The Irons and Defending The Faith

Comment

Sharon, why hasn't another single been released to radio for 13..? We had one and it was a 9 min. nugget to chew on, where's LONER, perfect chugga chugga metal riff, classic Sabbath, under 5 min... what gives? It woulda coulda kept 13 and Sabbath on the front pages and in our autos... Failed marketing me thinks... radio is still playing cuts from Paranoid...
      Originally posted by Never Satisfied View Post
      Good point. Loner would be perfect.
      I agree, Loner would be perfect.
      "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
      "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
      ________Sabbath Forever, Forever Sabbath!______OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
        I agree, Loner would be perfect.

I agree also that LONER is the track to release!!

They did send out END OF THE BEGINNING also though right?
        www.downtrendmetal.com

Comment

I'll join to the Loner club! It would have been a good single. But they chose Age Of Reason instead, which wasn't nearly as good...another overlong one. Granted Tony's solo on it is suberb to say the least, but the rest of the song is a bit on the meh department.

Also the fact that no physical copy of the single is available is another real oversight....

End Of The Beginning was also atleast a radio single...

So in reality there's been 3 singles from the album...I doubt we'll get any more.
          Last edited by Charger; 09-28-2013, 12:42 PM.

Comment

radio is still playing cuts from Paranoid...
            Radio will always play cuts from Paranoid.
            I honestly don't think 13 is a "single's" album, us Sabbath fans know its a great album, I think it will be looked back upon as a classic in years to come, Sabbath don't need radio airplay.
            Do you believe a word what the good book says?
            Or is it just a holy fairytale and God is Dead?

Comment

Originally posted by Fozzy View Post
              Radio will always play cuts from Paranoid.
              I honestly don't think 13 is a "single's" album, us Sabbath fans know its a great album, I think it will be looked back upon as a classic in years to come, Sabbath don't need radio airplay.
              The critics hate them, us fans adore them, that is what makes them Sabbath, they achieved success on their own without all the press and b##lshit propaganda a lot of the acts today get.

We repaid them for all their hard work, by putting them back on top and in the number one slot across the globe where they belong!
              "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
              "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
              ________Sabbath Forever, Forever Sabbath!______OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

Hell yeah "Loner" should be the next single!!! If they do a second leg tour next year they might release another single.

Comment

There were 2 singles, God Is Dead? and End Of the Beginning, Loner or methademic should be the next BUT, the audience didn't response too well (or maybe the critics) in the first shows, so that will be the explanation.

Maybe with the dvd, they will release a live single, or with a Tour edition, they will release Age of Reason live, as the next single. To release a single now, will be a bad move maybe

Comment

Dear Father would make a great single!
                    http://www.youtube.com/user/TheSterlingSound

Super animation, turning on a nation
                    And they’re saying all moving parts stand still

Comment

There are two promo CDs for End of the Beginning and God is Dead? I have both of them. Both Cds are in a clear sleeve with a paper of the single artwork. The EotB one is the studio version but the GiD one is actually the version that we heard on I Heart Radio, the one without Tony's solo. Those are the two official singles. I definitely agree that Loner should have been a single.

Comment

Originally posted by Charger View Post
                        I'll join to the Loner club! It would have been a good single. But they chose Age Of Reason instead, which wasn't nearly as good...another overlong one. Granted Tony's solo on it is suberb to say the least, but the rest of the song is a bit on the meh department.
                        Loner better than AOR?? That's just crazy talk.

seriously. crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by From Beyond View Post
                          Loner better than AOR?? That's just crazy talk.

seriously. crazy.
                          I don't think anyone means that it is a better song. But just better equiped to be a radio single. Due to the song length mostly. It hard to get 7 and 8 minute songs played on the radio as often as you can a 4 min song.
                          www.downtrendmetal.com

Comment

Originally posted by axeman_12656 View Post
                            I don't think anyone means that it is a better song. But just better equiped to be a radio single. Due to the song length mostly. It hard to get 7 and 8 minute songs played on the radio as often as you can a 4 min song.
                            Yup that's what I meant in this context.

Age Of Reason surely is not a single...Loner on the other hand would be an ideal single. Nice faster paced song, the length is right and it's more "radio friendly" too.

Although I'd also like to add that I do like Loner better than Age Of Reason. But as I've said gazillion times Tony's solo on AOR is amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucius Morthem View Post
                              There were 2 singles, God Is Dead? and End Of the Beginning, Loner or methademic should be the next BUT, the audience didn't response too well (or maybe the critics) in the first shows, so that will be the explanation.

Maybe with the dvd, they will release a live single, or with a Tour edition, they will release Age of Reason live, as the next single. To release a single now, will be a bad move maybe
                              totally agree about methademic. to me it's the most obvious single. maybe the subject matter prevented it from being a consideration.

Comment

Working...
                              X