#1 Album And Only One Single Released?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Charger View Post
    Yup that's what I meant in this context.

Age Of Reason surely is not a single...Loner on the other hand would be an ideal single. Nice faster paced song, the length is right and it's more "radio friendly" too.

Although I'd also like to add that I do like Loner better than Age Of Reason. But as I've said gazillion times Tony's solo on AOR is amazing.

Agree that Loner would be a better single.

Comment

Originally posted by goldwater View Post
      totally agree about methademic. to me it's the most obvious single. maybe the subject matter prevented it from being a consideration.
      Maybe it's the fact that it wasn't on the album.

Speaking of which, I've neglected the bonus tracks. Don't ask me why, I don't have an answer. But this thread has me going back to give them their proper dues.
      Last edited by 62_SG; 10-01-2013, 03:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 62_SG View Post
        Maybe it's the fact that it wasn't on the album.

Speaking of which, I've neglected the bonus tracks. Don't ask me why, I don't have an answer. But this thread has me going back to give them their proper dues.
        I feel having methademic on the proper album would have kicked it up a notch. I hope they put the bonus tracks on vinyl ep soon.

Comment

I feel having methademic on the proper album would have kicked it up a notch. I hope they put the bonus tracks on vinyl ep soon.
          Every time I listen to "Methademic", I am more perplexed as to how Rubin could've possibly left it off the album. No, it doesn't sound like something they would've come up with in 1970, but so what, it still kicks MAJOR ass! I thought the goal was to put together the best songs. Out of the 12 released thus far, I would rank it 3rd best (after EOTB and AOR). Not to mention that the proper album really could've used at least one more uptempo tune to balance it out.

"Pariah" has also grown on me big time, very nice vocal from Ozzy on that one. As far as a single goes, I've wondered how "Zeitgeist" would've done. It may not be very representative of the album as a whole, but it's still a catchy tune with melody and hooks.

Comment

I agree. It's kind of strange that the most riff oriented, Sabbath sounding songs are the bonus tracks. Methademic should have been on the album and Planet Caravan copy should have been on the bonus disc. NIB 2 would have deserved a spot on the album too I'd say....preferred to replace God Is Dead...it would have also been a good single.

Perhaps the album would sound then little less constipated as it would have bit more variety in song length and tempo.

Comment

Does a single have to be on an album? The Beatles released singles without putting them on their albums. *They eventually all got collected into the Past Masters collection 20 years later...

I haven't even heard Meth yet. Saving the bonus disc for later.

Loner seems like a great single. It's short, accessible, and has a obvious hook.
              People think I'm insane because I am frowning all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Daaark View Post

I haven't even heard Meth yet. Saving the bonus disc for later.

WOW!!!

No promise of tomorrow man!! You should go rock those Bonus tracks now!!!!! Why not go ahead and enjoy them?
                www.downtrendmetal.com

Comment

Originally posted by Daaark View Post
                  Does a single have to be on an album? The Beatles released singles without putting them on their albums.
                  Maybe the four remaining songs will be released as singles only? That would've been pretty cool...
                  95% of everything i say is pure bullshit just for the fun of it. The other 95% is damn serious!
                  Til įrs ok frišar ok forn sišr

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Underdog View Post
                    Maybe the four remaining songs will be released as singles only? That would've been pretty cool...
                    It would've been great if they were released on the Deluxe Set of "Gathered In Their Masses" I just purchased it yesterday, as long as we them is what matters, I'm buying everything Sabbath.

And hopefully we get even more new material, possibly a new album? I just really hope Bill is on it this time around, even if they don't tour.
                    "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
                    "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
                    ________Sabbath Forever, Forever Sabbath!______OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
                      It would've been great if they were released on the Deluxe Set of "Gathered In Their Masses" I just purchased it yesterday, as long as we them is what matters, I'm buying everything Sabbath.

And hopefully we get even more new material, possibly a new album? I just really hope Bill is on it this time around, even if they don't tour.
                      I'm actually glad they're not a part pf the live-release. It would've felt as if they just threw away the songs as cheap knock-offs. Also i don't want a new "full 13-edition".I want to see them released seperately, maybe, as someone once suggested, as an EP ala Death Magnetic, or as mentioned, singles. If they're good enough, that is...
                      95% of everything i say is pure bullshit just for the fun of it. The other 95% is damn serious!

Comment

I'm actually glad they're not a part pf the live-release. It would've felt as if they just threw away the songs as cheap knock-offs. Also i don't want a new "full 13-edition".I want to see them released seperately, maybe, as someone once suggested, as an EP ala Death Magnetic, or as mentioned, singles. If they're good enough, that is...
                        The EP, idea is a good one and we can rest assure they will be more than good enough Billy, we are talking about Black Sabbath with Ozzy, it can't be anything short of great brother!
                        "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
                        "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
                        ________Sabbath Forever, Forever Sabbath!______OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

EP would be great. It would most certainly be worth the money...

BUT it won't be big enough cash grab so I'm pretty damn sure they'll release the full album with a bonus disc featuring those unreleased songs...that way can charge full price (or maybe even bit more) of the album again...and force hardcore fans to buy it again...sad but I fear it's the truth...

Comment

Maybe they will put one unreleased song in each new stuff, like more XX editions. Our ultimate nightmare heheh.
                            Do you hear the thunder raging in the sky?
                            Premonition of a shattered world that’s gonna die.
                            In the age of reason, how do we survive?
                            The protocols of evil ravaging so many lives?

Comment

I want to see them released seperately, maybe, as someone once suggested, as an EP ala Death Magnetic, or as mentioned, singles. If they're good enough, that is...
                              I'm the one that keeps pushing for that. It was highly successful for Rick Rubin and Metallica. It just seems like the smart thing to do. It's 4 songs. Sale it for $5 and make some more money!!!
                              www.downtrendmetal.com

Comment

Originally posted by Charger View Post
                                BUT it won't be big enough cash grab so I'm pretty damn sure they'll release the full album with a bonus disc featuring those unreleased songs...that way can charge full price (or maybe even bit more) of the album again...and force hardcore fans to buy it again...sad but I fear it's the truth...
                                Originally posted by LouiST View Post
                                Maybe they will put one unreleased song in each new stuff, like more XX editions. Our ultimate nightmare heheh.
                                In that case i won't have any moral issues with downloading them. Just like with NIB II...

Comment

Working...
                                X