Anyone heard Black Prism?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone heard Black Prism?

Sludgey band formed last year, releasing their debut in 2014. One song from the record has been released on their soundcloud page, and it's fucking killer. Tell me the vocals aren't eerily Ozzy 1972?

https://soundcloud.com/easyriderreco...satans-country
    Try your hardest, you'll still be a loser
    The world will still be turning when you're gone

Not bad at all. Some of these bands miss the point, but this lot seem OK.

I particularly like Uncle Acid and the Deadbeats. Looking forward to seeing them in December.

Comment

These type bands kill me... they sound like a 4th grader on the night before their 1st guitar lesson... tuned down to the key of out of tune, to even mention them in the same room as Black Sabbath is an insult to Sabbath... sorry, but for me to even bother to listen past the opening 10 seconds I have to hear something that reminds me of music...
      "Music is so sacred to me that I canít hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
      R. Blackmore

Comment

You seem to be suggesting that it is all about technical ability. In that case just listen to Wes Montgomery or some other jazz guitarist. Not that jazz is all about technical ability, far from it.

However you probably know that it isn't all about technical ability. It's about how it sounds and how it feels.

Mind Control is a better LP than 13. Granted Mind Control wouldn't exist if it were not for Black Sabbath, but hey it does exist and it's better.

Comment

I don't have to listen to anything to get that most of these "sludge" bands are pure BS. I listen to all kinds of music and am quite familiar with Wes M. To each his own, definitly not for me, I know ineptitude when I hear it, no feel, no technical ability, not legit music or band, I suggest they put a tin cup out front for donations... I'll send them a can of soup.
          Last edited by Wicked Cricket; 10-14-2013, 06:24 AM.
          "Music is so sacred to me that I canít hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
          R. Blackmore

Comment

But you didn't listen to this one? How do you know if it's any good?

The vocals were the weirdest part for me. It's just like him.
            Try your hardest, you'll still be a loser
            The world will still be turning when you're gone

Comment

I did listen, I don't care for the vocals either... but if you like it, good for you....
              R. Blackmore

Comment

Originally posted by mythology View Post
                You seem to be suggesting that it is all about technical ability. In that case just listen to Wes Montgomery or some other jazz guitarist. Not that jazz is all about technical ability, far from it.

However you probably know that it isn't all about technical ability. It's about how it sounds and how it feels.

Mind Control is a better LP than 13. Granted Mind Control wouldn't exist if it were not for Black Sabbath, but hey it does exist and it's better.
                Nothing is better than 13.
                "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
                "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
                ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

I like 13, but I can think of at least 8 LPs better than it.

Comment

Me too,
                    Black sabbath, paranoid, master of reality, vol.4, sabbath bloody sabbath, sabotage, technical ecstasy and holywood.
                    Vote leave if u want totally cool either way

Comment

Me too and these are it.
                      vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

Originally posted by Spiralarchitectx1 View Post
                      Me too,
                      Black sabbath, paranoid, master of reality, vol.4, sabbath bloody sabbath, sabotage, technical ecstasy and never say die!.
                      "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
                      "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
                        Me too and these are it.
                        vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
                        Have you ever listened to holywood oid?

Not a bad little album tbh

Infact it's a great fking album!

Comment

Have you ever listened to holywood oid?

Not a bad little album tbh

Infact it's a great fking album!
                          All I really listen to, is Sabbath, and my eighties Metal bands Spiral, and some classic Rock.

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
                            All I really listen to, is Sabbath, and my eighties Metal bands Spiral, and some classic Rock.
                            You'll enjoy it if you listen to it!,
                            If you give it a chance dude.

Comment

You'll enjoy it if you listen to it!,
                              If you give it a chance dude.
                              I'm kind of set in my ways Spiral, hell the only new stuff I've been giving a chance is the Iommi stuff.

Comment

Working...
                              X