Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

a national acrobat?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • a national acrobat?

    i love this song!!
    someone else think that may be the best song of sabbath?
    what is the meaning of the name??
    Someone knows if this song was played live ever? if your answer is yes do you have that version?
    "Just remember love is life" i owe my life sabbath

  • #2
    A National Acrobat was played live during handful of dates on the Sabbath Bloody Sabbath tour back in 1974.

    Here's a live version from Pittsburg on February 1st 1974

    Comment


    • #3
      loved this from the second i heard it. i was 15 and it blew my mind. kind of just a chilling song. " the thoughts and images, the unborn child that never was concieved". what other band could come up with lyrics like that!

      Comment


      • #4
        One of their most underrated songs, maybe THE most, exceptional lyrics, great Geezer intro driving riff that then transitions into a wha wha fueled Iommi monster riff, Ozzy's passionate vocals per usual... pleading with the listener to hear what he has to say, "I'm trying to get through!" The duel solos in the song sound like howling wolves....another reason SBS just may be their ultimate album...
        "Music is so sacred to me that I canít hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
        R. Blackmore

        Comment


        • #5
          I love to blaze and blast this

          Comment


          • #6
            Yes is the most underrated songs,and for me is the best, the best riff an awsome lyrics, so heavy, ozzy is at his highest level
            in this album. i never find what is the meaning of the name of the song.

            this song introduce me in the sabbath music, i I was twelve I used to listen Limp bizkit and that kind of music and one day my father said to me "you have to listen black sabbath" i said "what a fuck is sabbath? forget it "after that he brought me the sabbath bloody sabbath and put a national acrobat from that moment i never stop listen sabbath, is the best thing ever happened in my life and the best memories of my father.
            "Just remember love is life" i owe my life sabbath

            Comment


            • #7
              Kinda weird, but it's the only Sabbath song where I tap out after the big shift. Once it goes into the wah-wah bit I lose interest. The first section of the song is probably top ten Sabbath in terms of how much I love it though.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by 62_SG View Post
                Kinda weird, but it's the only Sabbath song where I tap out after the big shift. Once it goes into the wah-wah bit I lose interest. The first section of the song is probably top ten Sabbath in terms of how much I love it though.
                You tap out when it kicks into right on the heels of "The deathly darkness that belies the fate of those who never ran.." wha wha wha! da-da da! Jesus! that's the adrenilin rush stay with it man! It's the best part!
                "Music is so sacred to me that I canít hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
                R. Blackmore

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by ozzysabbath View Post
                  Yes is the most underrated songs,and for me is the best, the best riff an awsome lyrics, so heavy, ozzy is at his highest level
                  in this album. i never find what is the meaning of the name of the song.

                  this song introduce me in the sabbath music, i I was twelve I used to listen Limp bizkit and that kind of music and one day my father said to me "you have to listen black sabbath" i said "what a fuck is sabbath? forget it "after that he brought me the sabbath bloody sabbath and put a national acrobat from that moment i never stop listen sabbath, is the best thing ever happened in my life and the best memories of my father.
                  I think the name of the song has to do with just how utterly mind blowing it is to be conceived. That all of these sperm are like acrobats hoping to be noticed and "chosen" for life on planet Earth.

                  Geezer tends to be humble when he says this song is about jerking off. In a sense it is, as he is discussing how every time that happens there are single chances for life that are passed by, but at its core I think the song is about the miracle of life. I suspect that the title reflects this but frankly Geezer was on another planet of lyricism at this point and I'm not sure anybody but him truly understands the depth of stuff like this.
                  Last edited by Jeff; 10-24-2013, 03:28 PM.
                  "It is not opinion that Ozzy peaked on Sabotage, it is a measurable fact."
                  -WTB

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    It's a great song otherwise, but the wah-wah bit is too long. Three verses and a solo with nothing to break it up. I mean, it's a good riff and all, but come on, for three minutes straight?
                    https://soundcloud.com/deadloss-2

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Korps View Post
                      It's a great song otherwise, but the wah-wah bit is too long. Three verses and a solo with nothing to break it up. I mean, it's a good riff and all, but come on, for three minutes straight?
                      I agree the wah-wah part is too long, even though it's a great riff.

                      Above, it was mentioned that Geezer wrote the main riff. Wow, I didn't know that! Kudos to Geezer for that one, I freaking LOVE that riff. I used to say it was one of Iommi's best, but apparently not.
                      Monty Python and the Holy Grail pic extravaganza! http://www.black-sabbath.com/vb/showthread.php?t=31523

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Korps View Post
                        It's a great song otherwise, but the wah-wah bit is too long. Three verses and a solo with nothing to break it up. I mean, it's a good riff and all, but come on, for three minutes straight?
                        I love the entire song, just the way it is.
                        "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
                        "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
                        ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Charger View Post
                          A National Acrobat was played live during handful of dates on the Sabbath Bloody Sabbath tour back in 1974.

                          Here's a live version from Pittsburg on February 1st 1974


                          Thanks man!! I do not know how I never saw this in youtube!!what a shame that is not the video.
                          Great song, from the start till the end for me

                          ---------- Post added at 07:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:44 PM ----------

                          Originally posted by Wicked Cricket View Post
                          You tap out when it kicks into right on the heels of "The deathly darkness that belies the fate of those who never ran.." wha wha wha! da-da da! Jesus! that's the adrenilin rush stay with it man! It's the best part!
                          jajja totally agree this part is epic!! "You got to believe me" wha wha wha!
                          "I'm talking to you "

                          ---------- Post added at 07:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:55 PM ----------

                          Originally posted by Jeff View Post
                          I think the name of the song has to do with just how utterly mind blowing it is to be conceived. That all of these sperm are like acrobats hoping to be noticed and "chosen" for life on planet Earth.

                          Geezer tends to be humble when he says this song is about jerking off. In a sense it is, as he is discussing how every time that happens there are single chances for life that are passed by, but at its core I think the song is about the miracle of life. I suspect that the title reflects this but frankly Geezer was on another planet of lyricism at this point and I'm not sure anybody but him truly understands the depth of stuff like this.
                          Wow geezer is a god!!!

                          ---------- Post added at 07:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:58 PM ----------

                          Originally posted by Matt Hebert
                          Great song!! The main riff was written by Geezer according to Tonys book
                          Ok, confirmed, geezer is GOD!
                          "Just remember love is life" i owe my life sabbath

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Yeah it is a wonderful song. Like Ozzy said it in his biography, it is a heavy masterpiece. Everytime I listen to this song I get a feeling that something really heavy press my chest. And yeah it always blows my mind^^

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I don't think Geezer "wrote" the hole song, the beginning riff, yea, I don't think for a second Geezer came up with that wha wha riff that Iommi's swiping at mid song... too long???? There's medication for AADS... some of you should ask your Dr. about it.... or smoke some pot...
                              "Music is so sacred to me that I canít hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
                              R. Blackmore

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X