Odd "Master Of Reality" Mistake?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Odd "Master Of Reality" Mistake?

On my Master of Reality cd, the 7th song (Solitude) shows a time of 8:08. This
    is approximately 3:03 too long. The 8th song (Into the Void) shows a time length
    of 3:08. Approximately 3:03 too short. I was just wondering if anybody else has
    ever noticed this oddity?
    Nobody I know is gonna take my rock & roll away from me.

Originally posted by Typhon View Post
    On my Master of Reality cd, the 7th song (Solitude) shows a time of 8:08. This
    is approximately 3:03 too long. The 8th song (Into the Void) shows a time length
    of 3:08. Approximately 3:03 too short. I was just wondering if anybody else has
    ever noticed this oddity?
    Which edition is it typhon?
    Vote leave if u want totally cool either way

Comment

Originally posted by Spiralarchitectx1 View Post
      Which edition is it typhon?
      How do I tell the edition?
      It is their 3rd album but produced on compact disc.
      Last edited by Typhon; 10-25-2013, 08:36 PM.

Comment

Here you go brother...

Original US LP Pressing

Side one

1. "Sweet Leaf" 5:02
        2. "After Forever (including The Elegy)" 5:25
        3. "Embryo" 0:29
        4. "Children of the Grave" 4:30
        5. "The Haunting" 0:45

Side two

6. "Orchid" 1:30
        7. "Step Up" 0:30
        8. "Lord of This World" 4:55
        9. "Solitude" 5:02
        10. "Deathmask" 3:08
        11. "Into the Void" 3:08

Note that, while the overall timing of "Deathmask/Into the Void" is approximately correct, the apportioning of time of "Deathmask" to "Into the Void" may be arbitrary, as the 3:08 mark of the song falls during "Into the Void"'s middle-8 vocal ("Freedom fighters sent off to the sun ..."). The revised US pressing timings, shown below, compound this likely error.

Revised US LP Pressing, with Subtitles Removed

2. "After Forever (Including The Elegy)" 5:25
        3. "Embryo" 0:30
        4. "Children of the Grave" 5:15

Side two

5. "Orchid" 2:00
        6. "Lord of this World" 4:55
        7. "Solitude" 8:08
        8. "Into the Void" 3:08

Note that the timing of "Orchid" on revised US pressings is incorrect, as it includes the "Step Up" introductory section of "Lord of This World." The timing of "Solitude" on these pressings is similarly incorrect, as it includes the first half of "Into the Void"; the timings of "Deathmask" and "Into the Void" should have been grouped instead.

God Bless

Comment

Haha, you beat me to it!

Here was the image I was going to post along with it

Comment

Originally posted by BACK TO EDEN View Post
            Here you go brother...

Original US LP Pressing

Side one

2. "After Forever (including The Elegy)" 5:25
            3. "Embryo" 0:29
            4. "Children of the Grave" 4:30
            5. "The Haunting" 0:45

Side two

6. "Orchid" 1:30
            7. "Step Up" 0:30
            8. "Lord of This World" 4:55
            9. "Solitude" 5:02
            10. "Deathmask" 3:08
            11. "Into the Void" 3:08

Note that, while the overall timing of "Deathmask/Into the Void" is approximately correct, the apportioning of time of "Deathmask" to "Into the Void" may be arbitrary, as the 3:08 mark of the song falls during "Into the Void"'s middle-8 vocal ("Freedom fighters sent off to the sun ..."). The revised US pressing timings, shown below, compound this likely error.

Revised US LP Pressing, with Subtitles Removed

2. "After Forever (Including The Elegy)" 5:25
            3. "Embryo" 0:30
            4. "Children of the Grave" 5:15

Side two

5. "Orchid" 2:00
            6. "Lord of this World" 4:55
            7. "Solitude" 8:08
            8. "Into the Void" 3:08

Note that the timing of "Orchid" on revised US pressings is incorrect, as it includes the "Step Up" introductory section of "Lord of This World." The timing of "Solitude" on these pressings is similarly incorrect, as it includes the first half of "Into the Void"; the timings of "Deathmask" and "Into the Void" should have been grouped instead.

God Bless
            Thanks so much for clearing that up. I have never seen "Deathmask" as part of the title.
            Even back in the 70's when I first purchased their music on cassette. I shall listen to MofR
            now with enlightend interest. Thanks again.

Comment

That mistake is on my original US green WB label vinal LP too... I always wondered about that too, that they got it reversed or screwed up...
              "Music is so sacred to me that I canít hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
              R. Blackmore

Comment

One of my copies. Both label sides pictured:

Casting his shadow, weaving his spell, funny clothes, tinkling bell.

Comment

Cool NID... I don't have the version with the added titles (step up/deathmask),
                  "Music is so sacred to me that I canít hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
                  R. Blackmore

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Cricket View Post
                    Cool NID... I don't have the version with the added titles (step up/deathmask),
                    Thanks WC. Its a pretty neat little treasure for the vinyl vault.

Comment

i still have my orig fold out poster-do you?

Comment

Originally posted by mikesline View Post
                        Have never seen it. I first owned the MOR cassette and then cd later on.
                        What does the poster show?

Comment

Originally posted by mikesline View Post
                          Yup. It's mint. Its never seen a thumb tack.

My poster:

Last edited by Now in Darkness; 10-29-2013, 10:10 PM.

Comment

I had the original poster but it's long gone... great photo, my all time favorite photo session of the band in all their mysterious glory!

I believe Mikesline had a thread with all the photos taken that day of the band... they were so mysterious back then, little was known of them... in fact, the first time I heard BS I, I was at a friends house and they told me this band was 4 warlocks who lived in that house on the cover of BS I... their image and their music was unlike anyone, only Zep had an equally mysterious mystique about them...
                            R. Blackmore

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Cricket View Post
                              I had the original poster but it's long gone... great photo, my all time favorite photo session of the band in all their mysterious glory!

I believe Mikesline had a thread with all the photos taken that day of the band... they were so mysterious back then, little was known of them... in fact, the first time I heard BS I, I was at a friends house and they told me this band was 4 warlocks who lived in that house on the cover of BS I... their image and their music was unlike anyone, only Zep had an equally mysterious mystique about them...
                              Indeed WC. And Geezer is immortalized wearing one of his Man Dresses that Tony jokes about in his book. When I was a kid I liked this photo, but I was really captivated by the inner LP cover photo of Paranoid. Still love that photo to this day.

It's kind of sad to think of the fun that the younger crowd has missed out on. CD's and MP3's cannot come close to the experience of vinyl, huge LP covers, and liner notes, and giveaways, like posters and stickers that were tucked inside the cover. Buying music in the old days was an event.
                              Last edited by Now in Darkness; 10-30-2013, 11:03 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X