X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now in Darkness
    replied
    Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
    It's stories and memories that make Sabbath so special.
    Its stories and memories that make all of your favorite groups and musical memories special! Name the classic rock group, and I could go on and on.

Leave a comment:

• OzzyIsDio
    replied
    Originally posted by Now in Darkness View Post
    I love stories and memories like that.
    It's stories and memories that make Sabbath so special.

Leave a comment:

• Now in Darkness
    replied
    Originally posted by WallOfSleep View Post
    I remember spending hours in the record store browsing album covers until I found one cool enough to take a chance on. I "discovered" Rush, the Scorpions, Judas Priest and several other bands back in the 70's without hearing anything about them beforehand at all. I'd take the album home, break the seal, throw it on the turntable while studying the album art, lyrics, band pics or whatever they had. That was probably my best time experiencing music ever.
    You bet bud. That is what the younger folks are missing out on, although many have discovered vinyl, and it is their discretionary dollar that is helping to make the vinyl medium so successful all over again. I can think of at least one occasion when I missed my bus stop, as a 13 year old kid, because I was sitting at the back of the bus studying some LP album art or liner notes, after a trip to the record store. The medium will live forever, to some degree, and has outstripped CD sales in Canada since 2009. Thanks for sharing that story Sleepy, I love stories and memories like that.
    Last edited by Now in Darkness; 11-01-2013, 06:20 PM.

Leave a comment:

• WallOfSleep
    replied
    It's kind of sad to think of the fun that the younger crowd has missed out on. CD's and MP3's cannot come close to the experience of vinyl, huge LP covers, and liner notes, and giveaways, like posters and stickers that were tucked inside the cover. Buying music in the old days was an event.
    I remember spending hours in the record store browsing album covers until I found one cool enough to take a chance on. I "discovered" Rush, the Scorpions, Judas Priest and several other bands back in the 70's without hearing anything about them beforehand at all. I'd take the album home, break the seal, throw it on the turntable while studying the album art, lyrics, band pics or whatever they had. That was probably my best time experiencing music ever.

Leave a comment:

• Rollerjoint
    replied
    Here is a comparison of the posters from my Warner Brothers and Vertigo pressings. Warner Brothers cut the top and a little off the bottom of their poster I guess so they only had to fold it in half. The Vertigo poster had to be folded two times in order to fit in the sleeve.

The only other photo I know of from this session is the one that was on the Paranoid picture disc single from 1982. Anybody know any others?

Leave a comment:

• Now in Darkness
    replied
    Originally posted by Wicked Cricket View Post
    Hahaha, NID, I just responded to the Led Zep post of yours saying the exact same thing, BEFORE I READ THIS ONE BY YOU..! You can't beat coming from the same period, the same timeframe... when relating experiences...
    Ya, it's fun reminiscing with you bud. I was reflecting back on those days, and I had 5 very close friends / partners in crime. Three are already dead, one having died this March. Guess we are aging, but it sure doesn't feel like it......well, physically it does, but not mentally. That's why I still treasure my vinyl; it keeps my youth alive. Cheers WC.
    Last edited by Now in Darkness; 10-30-2013, 11:26 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Wicked Cricket
    replied
    Indeed WC. And Geezer is immortalized wearing one of his Man Dresses that Tony jokes about in his book. When I was a kid I liked this photo, but I was really captivated by the inner LP cover photo of Paranoid. Still love that photo to this day.

It's kind of sad to think of the fun that the younger crowd has missed out on. CD's and MP3's cannot come close to the experience of vinyl, huge LP covers, and liner notes, and giveaways, like posters and stickers that we're tucked inside the cover. Buying music in the old days was an event.
    Hahaha, NID, I just responded to the Led Zep post of yours saying the exact same thing, BEFORE I READ THIS ONE BY YOU..! You can't beat coming from the same period, the same timeframe... when relating experiences...

Leave a comment:

• Now in Darkness
    replied
    I had the original poster but it's long gone... great photo, my all time favorite photo session of the band in all their mysterious glory!

I believe Mikesline had a thread with all the photos taken that day of the band... they were so mysterious back then, little was known of them... in fact, the first time I heard BS I, I was at a friends house and they told me this band was 4 warlocks who lived in that house on the cover of BS I... their image and their music was unlike anyone, only Zep had an equally mysterious mystique about them...
    Indeed WC. And Geezer is immortalized wearing one of his Man Dresses that Tony jokes about in his book. When I was a kid I liked this photo, but I was really captivated by the inner LP cover photo of Paranoid. Still love that photo to this day.

It's kind of sad to think of the fun that the younger crowd has missed out on. CD's and MP3's cannot come close to the experience of vinyl, huge LP covers, and liner notes, and giveaways, like posters and stickers that were tucked inside the cover. Buying music in the old days was an event.
    Last edited by Now in Darkness; 10-30-2013, 11:03 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Wicked Cricket
    replied
    I had the original poster but it's long gone... great photo, my all time favorite photo session of the band in all their mysterious glory!

I believe Mikesline had a thread with all the photos taken that day of the band... they were so mysterious back then, little was known of them... in fact, the first time I heard BS I, I was at a friends house and they told me this band was 4 warlocks who lived in that house on the cover of BS I... their image and their music was unlike anyone, only Zep had an equally mysterious mystique about them...

Leave a comment:

• Now in Darkness
    replied
    Originally posted by mikesline View Post
    i still have my orig fold out poster-do you?
    Yup. It's mint. Its never seen a thumb tack.

My poster:

Last edited by Now in Darkness; 10-29-2013, 10:10 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Typhon
    replied
    Originally posted by mikesline View Post
    Have never seen it. I first owned the MOR cassette and then cd later on.
    What does the poster show?

Leave a comment:

• mikesline
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Now in Darkness
    replied
    Cool NID... I don't have the version with the added titles (step up/deathmask),
    Thanks WC. Its a pretty neat little treasure for the vinyl vault.

Leave a comment:

• Wicked Cricket
    replied
    Cool NID... I don't have the version with the added titles (step up/deathmask),

Leave a comment:

• Now in Darkness
    replied
    One of my copies. Both label sides pictured:

Leave a comment:

Working...
X