X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OzzyIsDio
    replied
    Originally posted by Now in Darkness View Post
    Ya, peace is highly overrated. Death and destruction, now them's good times all 'round. What about the lyrics of Crazy Train OID?

And those damn peaceful Beatles too.

Ironically, Sabbath were very much about peace, but instead of framing it in LOVE, they framed it from the perspective of the horrors that were happening in the world, and the need to shine the light on what they saw as evil injustice. They did not see through the peace movement; they honored it in a different and gritty way, and they did not advocate in favor of violence, war, or hatred.

"Evil minds that plot destruction; sorcerers of death's construction." (War Pigs)

"Children of tomorrow live in the tears that fall today; will the sunrise of tomorrow bring PEACE in any way?" (Children of the Grave)

"LOVE upon a land, a world unknown, where the sons of freedom make their home. Leave the earth to Satan and his slaves." (Into the Void)

"If they knew you believe in God above, they should realize before they criticize, that God is the only way to LOVE." (After Forever)

It's hard to find a HM / rock band that advocates for peace more than Sabbath. They just did it with a lot of bass and riffing.

Peace brother!
    I didn't mean it in those terms NID, of course I prefer peace.

Leave a comment:

• Now in Darkness
    replied
    Originally posted by Spiralarchitectx1 View Post
    He's the ultimate peace loving hippy!, and one of the best rock lyric writers I've ever heard,

You sure it was love's an illusion cause I'm sure he sings was an illusion!!
    Yes, and a vegan, and he runs an animal care shelter with his wife, and all that sorta Geezer stuff.

No, I'm not sure about Love's an Illusion. I was just trying to make sense of it, and have substituted that lyric in my mind when I listen to that song.

Leave a comment:

• Spiralarchitectx1
    replied
    Precisely. Geezer is the ultimate peace-nick.
    He's the ultimate peace loving hippy!, and one of the best rock lyric writers I've ever heard,

You sure it was love's an illusion cause I'm sure he sings was an illusion!!

As for original question it's ... I don't even believe in peace.. I think
    Last edited by Spiralarchitectx1; 11-01-2013, 08:45 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Now in Darkness
    replied
    Originally posted by Spiralarchitectx1 View Post
    Good post nid!, sabbath very much are about peace and the hippy movement but replaced the flowers with middle fingers to stick to the man.

Edidting - when sabbath reference satan I'm pretty sure they are talking about the evil stuff that man does for greed etc, not a red dude with pointy horns lol.
    Precisely. Geezer is the ultimate peace-nick.

Leave a comment:

• Spiralarchitectx1
    replied
    Ya, peace is highly overrated. Death and destruction, now them's good times all 'round. What about the lyrics of Crazy Train OID?

Ironically, Sabbath were very much about peace, but instead of framing it in LOVE, they framed it from the perspective of the horrors that were happening in the world, and the need to shine the light on what they saw as evil injustice. They did not see through the peace movement; they honored it in a different and gritty way, and they did not advocate in favor of violence, war, or hatred.

"Evil minds that plot destruction; sorcerers of death's construction."

Peace brother!
    Good post nid!, sabbath very much are about peace and the hippy movement but replaced the flowers with middle fingers to stick to the man.

Edidting - when sabbath reference satan I'm pretty sure they are talking about the evil stuff that man does for greed etc, not a red dude with pointy horns lol.

More edititing - listen to lyrics of under the sun
    Last edited by Spiralarchitectx1; 11-01-2013, 08:53 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Now in Darkness
    replied
    Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
    The peace movement was a bunch of bullshit, I'm glad Sabbath saw through it.

"Evil minds that plot destruction; sorcerers of death's construction." (War Pigs)

"Children of tomorrow live in the tears that fall today; will the sunrise of tomorrow bring PEACE in any way?" (Children of the Grave)

"LOVE upon a land, a world unknown, where the sons of freedom make their home. Leave the earth to Satan and his slaves." (Into the Void)

"If they knew you believe in God above, they should realize before they criticize, that God is the only way to LOVE." (After Forever)

It's hard to find a HM / rock band that advocates for peace more than Sabbath. They just did it with a lot of bass and riffing.

Peace brother!
    Last edited by Now in Darkness; 11-01-2013, 08:43 PM.

Leave a comment:

• OzzyIsDio
    replied
    Originally posted by WallOfSleep View Post
    "I don't even believe in peace" was a swipe at the "peace movement" of the 70's. Under the Sun is a very anti-religious/anti-political song* and you must understand the context and brilliance of a lyric like "I don't believe in violence; I don't even believe in peace" for the times in which it was written.

(* The title is based on a Bible verse: "there is nothing new under the sun - it is all foolishness - a blowing in the wind")
    The peace movement was a bunch of bullshit, I'm glad Sabbath saw through it.

Leave a comment:

• WallOfSleep
    replied
    Originally posted by Typhon View Post
    Although I liked "disease" better.
    "I don't even believe in peace" was a swipe at the "peace movement" of the 70's. Under the Sun is a very anti-religious/anti-political song* and you must understand the context and brilliance of a lyric like "I don't believe in violence; I don't even believe in peace" for the times in which it was written.

(* The title is based on a Bible verse: "there is nothing new under the sun - it is all foolishness - a blowing in the wind")

Leave a comment:

• sterling#sound
    replied
    Dish that ran away with the spoon
    Bog blast all of you (God bless all of you?)
    A cure for my brain
    Druids of life? Through it I'll fly
    Deadly battles way strike forward?

I love all the lyrics in all its suspected meanings.

Leave a comment:

• OzzyIsDio
    replied
    Originally posted by Charger View Post
    Nope...it's "Was an illusion" for sure. Just put your headphones on and listen carefully.
    That's what I hear.

Leave a comment:

• Vynlsol
    replied
    I thought it was "pasta infusion"?

Leave a comment:

• Now in Darkness
    replied
    Love's an illusion....

Leave a comment:

• Charger
    replied
    Thanks for the link BU. However, on that link, one of my favorite BS songs has a bad mistake in the lyrics.
    At the end of the 1st and 2nd verse of "Wheels of Confusion" it states "It was an illusion". This is incorrect
    and more importantly changes the meaning in the song. Ozzy is singing about his existence and trying to figure out
    what life is about. In doing so he asks the question "Was it illusion?" at the end of those two verses.
    Hopefully this can be fixed in some way.
    Nope...it's "Was an illusion" for sure. Just put your headphones on and listen carefully.

Leave a comment:

• OzzyIsDio
    replied
    I get my own meanings from Sabbath songs.

Leave a comment:

• Wicked Cricket
    replied
    Thanks for the link BU. However, on that link, one of my favorite BS songs has a bad mistake in the lyrics.
    At the end of the 1st and 2nd verse of "Wheels of Confusion" it states "It was an illusion". This is incorrect
    and more importantly changes the meaning in the song. Ozzy is singing about his existence and trying to figure out
    what life is about. In doing so he asks the question "Was it illusion?" at the end of those two verses.
    Hopefully this can be fixed in some way.
    I believe it's "was an illusion.." is the correct lyric... bands don't always sing the lyrics exactly the way they are written or documented so there's always some differences...from documented scripts, Ozzy's clearly singing "was an illision" "Was it illusion" isn't even gramactically correct. One thing English bands do so well is not butcher the English language like 99% of Americans... I've always loved grammer, and actually learned new words from listening to Sabbath growing up, I use to look up words they used in their song in the dictionary...right up to the current "13" with "furtive eyes.."

Leave a comment:

Working...
X