Lyrics Clarification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Charger View Post
    Nope...it's "Was an illusion" for sure. Just put your headphones on and listen carefully.
    Have checked a dozen different lyrics websites. All 12 say "Was it illusion?"
    This would seem to make more sense in the song as well. In the 1st two verses he is thinking about
    life. Trying to figure out what it's all about. He hasn't drawn any conclusions yet. Then in the final
    verse he presents his conclusion.
    Nobody I know is gonna take my rock & roll away from me.

Comment

Originally posted by Typhon View Post
      This would seem to make more sense in the song as well. In the 1st two verses he is thinking about
      life. Trying to figure out what it's all about. He hasn't drawn any conclusions yet. Then in the final
      I agree......
      Casting his shadow, weaving his spell, funny clothes, tinkling bell.

Comment

Originally posted by Typhon View Post
        Was It Illusion isn't even correct...it would have to be Was is an illusion...and it clearly isn't.

Also the only lyric page you need to check is : http://www.black-sabbath.com/discogr...bbath/volume4/

Since these lyrics are checked by Geezer himself and thus proven correct.

Comment

It's clearly "was AN illusion.." the fairy tales and stories of childhood, the lyricist isn't asking a question... was it? He's stating that his childhood memories or images of life were an illusion... and Ozzy clearly sings that in the song... I still hear "I tell you to end your life" in Paranoid but I now know the true lyrics... but your brain hears it the way you trained it... my 2 examples toung in cheek, are far closer sounding than was an vs was it?...
          "Music is so sacred to me that I can’t hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
          R. Blackmore

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
            have sex and get high and hold up a few peace signs
            Doesn't sound like Ozzy at all...

Originally posted by Now in Darkness View Post
            there is more than one way to skin a cat
            Something i guess the second wave of Haight-Ashbury pilgrims on speed and heroin rather than pot and acid found out. By late '67 money were becoming so sparse they actually ate cats. Goodnatured, lover-of-all-life hippies
            95% of everything i say is pure bullshit just for the fun of it. The other 95% is damn serious!
            Til įrs ok frišar ok forn sišr

Comment

Originally posted by Charger View Post
              Was It Illusion isn't even correct...it would have to be Was is an illusion...and it clearly isn't.

Also the only lyric page you need to check is : http://www.black-sabbath.com/discogr...bbath/volume4/

Since these lyrics are checked by Geezer himself and thus proven correct.
              Your lyrics page may be what Geezer wrote. However, I am not claiming what Geezer wrote.
              I claiming what Ozzy sings. Just like in the 3rd verse-3rd line. Your lyrics page says:

Try your hardest, just to be a loser

This is not what Ozzy sings. It is:

Try your hardest, you'll still be a loser

The way Ozzy sings it is what matters to me.
              Nobody I know is gonna take my rock & roll away from me.

Comment

Working...
              X