Black Sabbath @ Hartwall Arena, Helsinki, Finland Nov 20th 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Sabbath @ Hartwall Arena, Helsinki, Finland Nov 20th 2013

Black Sabbath is most welcome to Finland, the land of cold wind, black & bleak darkness and general misery. We're a tough crowd to please and warm up, but once we get going it's going to be memorable. It's the darkest season of the year, with black & poorly marked roads, dark forests on the background, under a blackened sky...but Black Sabbath must bring their own special darkness for us to enjoy.

Wednesday, Nov. 20th marks my second and last Black Sabbath show. I've zeroed my crosshairs for this night for over 2 years and now...only 2 more days to suffer before I awake to the coveted Wednesday and get going.

Welcome Black Sabbath - the titans of heavy metal.
    "He is the King of all kings, the keeper of light...He holds eternity's wings"

Hope your show will be awesome, I'm going to the one on friday in Stockholm, Sweden, the land of pretty much everything you mentioned though perhaps in a slightly less extreme manner :D Just out of curiosity, why do you think it's your last Sabbath show? Don't you think it's possible they add some more dates in 2014?
    "I am the crazy man who lives inside your head, but I think I'm breaking through the wall... You are the innocent convicted of the crime, no one was ever there to catch you when you fall" (1992)
    -Ronnie James Dio, Rest in Peace

"In the summer days we flew to the sun, on melting wings, but the seasons changed to fast, leave us all behind... Blind..." (1969)
    - Jon Lord, Rest in Peace

My first album!!!:
    http://open.spotify.com/album/60jv1AdlWvi1KlcR8JhG4b

Comment

Originally posted by Josef_K View Post
      Just out of curiosity, why do you think it's your last Sabbath show? Don't you think it's possible they add some more dates in 2014?
      All things considered (Iommi's health, the age of these guys, the hardship of getting a floor ticket for yet another show, the deaths of many legendary musicians during the last 3-4 years, etc.), I'm going to take this one as the last one, the ultimate show of Black Sabbath. It's also going to be my last heavy metal bus ride (I'm pretty much sick and tired of those, I'm taking a train and hotel in the future for these longer trips). NOW they are coming to Finland again and I'm there. I don't have any kind of guarantees that there will ever be a 3rd time for me. I think no-one has - we're living on a borrowed time with this band.

Never say never...who knows if they come here again next year? Maybe I can be there too, if that happens. But for now, I'm taking this upcoming show like it was the very last time - it's the only Black Sabbath show I have now.
      "He is the King of all kings, the keeper of light...He holds eternity's wings"

Comment

Oslo 24th for me. One week left... Will most likely have this guy driving down at Saturday, so we're a bit more free to relax and maybe party a bit on Saturday too, instead of worrying about trains or busses. It'll be awsome!
        Also, i'm still rooting for Sabbath at Roskilde next year. They usually start announcing in late December/early January...
        Last edited by Billy Underdog; 11-17-2013, 10:32 AM.
        95% of everything i say is pure bullshit just for the fun of it. The other 95% is damn serious!
        Til įrs ok frišar ok forn sišr

Comment

I can't believe they will be kicking off another leg of the tour in a few short days!!!! I hope we get some great u-tube footage.

Comment

Oh yeah! One day to go.

Last Saturday I dropped 50 kg weight (all metal, quite Heavy Metal actually) on my left foot and first thought after recovering from pain was "this was it, my foot is devastated and Black Sabbath show is ruined for me"... I went to X-ray and surprisingly nothing was broken, no actual damage, just some aching and big bruise. And it is feeling already pretty good. Bring it on mighty Black Sabbath!

Comment

I hope you enjoy it as much as I did, after the show you are gonna remember and asking to yourself if you will see them again someday...
              The days before the show are sooooo slow and finally when the show start seems like in a few seconds after they are playing paranoid

I agree with you, we dont know what will happen when the tour ends...
              Dont waste your time taking photos enjoy as much as you can, the best photos stays in your head forever!
              "Just remember love is life" i owe my life sabbath

Comment

Originally posted by Sabbathman View Post
                All things considered (Iommi's health, the age of these guys, the hardship of getting a floor ticket for yet another show, the deaths of many legendary musicians during the last 3-4 years, etc.), I'm going to take this one as the last one, the ultimate show of Black Sabbath. It's also going to be my last heavy metal bus ride (I'm pretty much sick and tired of those, I'm taking a train and hotel in the future for these longer trips). NOW they are coming to Finland again and I'm there. I don't have any kind of guarantees that there will ever be a 3rd time for me. I think no-one has - we're living on a borrowed time with this band.

Never say never...who knows if they come here again next year? Maybe I can be there too, if that happens. But for now, I'm taking this upcoming show like it was the very last time - it's the only Black Sabbath show I have now.
                I guess you have a point but, actually I knew this while typing the last message but it completely escaped my mind. Sabbath are "confirmed" for the Sweden Rock festival next year (sorry for the article being in swedish...):

http://www.festivalinfo.se/article/b...eden-rock-2014

Anyway, with "confirmed" I mean that everyone seems to be able to confirm it except the band or the band's management. I have no freaking idea how something like that could happen, but they shouldn't just be throwing this out there hoping for the best? Or perhaps that's exactly what they are doing? :S
                "I am the crazy man who lives inside your head, but I think I'm breaking through the wall... You are the innocent convicted of the crime, no one was ever there to catch you when you fall" (1992)

"In the summer days we flew to the sun, on melting wings, but the seasons changed to fast, leave us all behind... Blind..." (1969)

My first album!!!:

Comment

Anyway, with "confirmed" I mean that everyone seems to be able to confirm it except the band or the band's management. I have no freaking idea how something like that could happen, but they shouldn't just be throwing this out there hoping for the best? Or perhaps that's exactly what they are doing? :S
                  Well swedenrock is among the other dates on their official website.

http://www.blacksabbath.com/events.html?pg=4

Comment

It's been confirmed for a while now... I myself have posted this list several times around the forum.
                    95% of everything i say is pure bullshit just for the fun of it. The other 95% is damn serious!
                    Til įrs ok frišar ok forn sišr

Comment

I Can't wait the next wednesday

Comment

Originally posted by svullo View Post
                        Well swedenrock is among the other dates on their official website.

Originally posted by Billy Underdog View Post

It's been confirmed for a while now... I myself have posted this list several times around the forum.
                        I really shouldn't post stuff on here when I don't have the time to stay updated... thanks for correcting me guys :D Glad to hear it's confirmed and actually happening. Hopefully I'll make it to Sweden Rock so this friday will only be my first and not also my last Sabbath show.

My first album!!!:

Comment

Hopefully I'll make it to Sweden Rock so this friday will only be my first and not also my last Sabbath show.

That's my goal too.

Comment

Looking forward to first hand accounts from our Finlandish bretheren here...
                            "Music is so sacred to me that I can’t hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
                            R. Blackmore

Comment

Just one day 'till the mighty Sabbath takes over the stage in Finland, possibly for the last time. First time for me seeing the original trio, hopefully not the last...

OH LORD YEAH!

"The consequence of conscience/Is that you'll be left somewhere/Swinging in the air"-Ronnie James Dio (1942-2010) R.I.P. King Of Metal
                              "Just take a look around you what do you see/Pain, suffering, and misery/It's not the way that the world was planned/It's a pity you don't understand" - Geezer Butler
                              "If god is in heaven/How can this happen here" - Phil Lynott (1949-1986)

Comment

Working...
                              X