X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• scorpio 2000
    replied
    Originally posted by hipster doofus View Post
    This is pretty much exactly how I feel. It was this "pressure" that forced it to take as long as it did anyway. I'm still letting it sink in. I'm still rocking '13' in way one or another every day. Would I enjoy new material yet again? Sure. Do I need it tomorrow? No. Would I be disappointed if they went out with 13? Not in the least. They've come full circle. This is how it was meant to be. They did it. They beat the odds. I couldn't be more happy for them.

If their last show here in Chicago was the last time I ever saw them, I can truly die happy. It was an emotional, amazing time; a true highlight in my life. I will say though, that if their reason for NOT doing new material was a fear of not going #1 again, that would be sad. In the end, it should be because they want to for the love of the music, not because the record execs are licking their chops.

Nevertheless, come whatever may. I will accept what comes and I have no time frame. I waited for what is literally my entire lifetime for 13. I can wait again. And if it's not to be again, so be it!
    Agreed! I would rather have them go out on top.

Leave a comment:

• Now in Darkness
    replied
    Originally posted by hipster doofus View Post
    This is pretty much exactly how I feel. It was this "pressure" that forced it to take as long as it did anyway. I'm still letting it sink in. I'm still rocking '13' in way one or another every day. Would I enjoy new material yet again? Sure. Do I need it tomorrow? No. Would I be disappointed if they went out with 13? Not in the least. They've come full circle. This is how it was meant to be. They did it. They beat the odds. I couldn't be more happy for them.

If their last show here in Chicago was the last time I ever saw them, I can truly die happy. It was an emotional, amazing time; a true highlight in my life. I will say though, that if their reason for NOT doing new material was a fear of not going #1 again, that would be sad. In the end, it should be because they want to for the love of the music, not because the record execs are licking their chops.

Nevertheless, come whatever may. I will accept what comes and I have no time frame. I waited for what is literally my entire lifetime for 13. I can wait again. And if it's not to be again, so be it!
    Agreed. There are other groups that I have wanted to re-form after a lifetime of waiting, and that has never happened. I am not going to look this magical experience in the mouth. I will be seeing them twice more in April, and after that, I have no expectations. I am content with what have been given.

Leave a comment:

• hipster doofus
    replied
    Originally posted by Sabbathman View Post
    Is Black Sabbath "allowed" to finish their career, on a high note? Like, after this album and tour?

Should they keep on going until it finally, when they're all in their 90's just like Christopher Lee, becomes something we don't really want or get excited about anymore?

Sorry for the doom & gloom here, but sometimes I just get sick of people wanting more and more, even when the current album is still fresh and the touring cycle has reached its end. It's so late - but maybe not too late - to hope for more and more. Without end. The album "13" and this tour were so amazing that people should be blown to pieces because of it all, at least for some time before slobbering for more and more.

Leave a comment:

• WallOfSleep
    replied
    Originally posted by OZZYIRONMAN View Post
    Obama is a muslim
    What the French?

Leave a comment:

• OZZYIRONMAN
    replied
    Originally posted by Foul Stench View Post
    Black Sabbath's playing the middle east? Aiee!
    Obama is a muslim

Leave a comment:

• Wicked Cricket
    replied
    The one thing that's different (1 out of 1,000!), is that they don't "owe" any record co. a follow up album, it's not 1971 and they're on the road and at night in between gigs Iommi and Geez are working on new songs... Iommi's writing new riffs, for the "next one" ... they don't have to work... thay don't have to satisfy any contract for 4 or 5 albums over 3-4 years... thing is, they'll be seeing eachother and playing together through half this year 2014... I'd be surprised if something doesn't come out of it... Paul McCartney is still putting new music out, he's not worried about #1 records or songs and his former band had a lot more than Sabbath...

Leave a comment:

• svullo
    replied
    Originally posted by Sabbathman View Post
    It's probably an indication that Black Sabbath will return again and again even though Geezer said that this will most likely be the last tour...I guess they'll return already in this year...and after the 3 Ozzy solo albums & tours...they'll keep coming back and going well into their 70's, they'll probably outlast Scorpions with these comebacks. Yeah.

Let's keep it real, people. In the "now" moment...

Another album from Black Sabbath? Another world tour? When? This year? The next? Do they themselves want it?

Another round with Tony's condition? What about Geezer's health and strength?

What about Ozzy's solo albums? I know I don't care to have any of them, but Ozzy has a contract for them...

Is Black Sabbath "allowed" to finish their career, on a high note? Like, after this album and tour?

Should they keep on going until it finally, when they're all in their 90's just like Christopher Lee, becomes something we don't really want or get excited about anymore?

Sorry for the doom & gloom here, but sometimes I just get sick of people wanting more and more, even when the current album is still fresh and the touring cycle has reached its end. It's so late - but maybe not too late - to hope for more and more. Without end. The album "13" and this tour were so amazing that people should be blown to pieces because of it all, at least for some time before slobbering for more and more.

The current list of future shows is all we have left to think of, for now...let's stick to these for at least a while - before hoping for another 3 studio albums made with the rehabilitated/reconciled/reimbursed Bill Ward!

Jun 1 – Moscow, Russia – Olympisski
    Jun 3 – St Petersburg, Russia – Arena (Ледовый Дворец )
    Jun 8 – Berlin, Germany – Kindl-Buhne Wuhlheide
    Jun 11 – Lodz, Poland – Atlas Arena
    Jun 13 – Munich, Germany
    Jun 15 – Nickelsdorf Austria – Pannonia Fields II (Nova Rock Festival)
    Jun 18 – Bologna, Italy – Unipool Arena
    Jun 24 – Stuggart, Germany – Hans-Martin-Schleyer Halle
    Jun 27 – Essen, Germany – Stadion Essen
    You forgot a few dates
    these dates on the official page

Mar
    Barclays Center
    Brooklyn, NY

Apr
    Metro Center
    Halifax, NS

Apr
    Colisee Pepsi
    Quebec City, QC

Apr
    Bell Center
    Montreal, QC

Apr
    Budweiser Gardens
    London, ON

Apr
    Copps Coliseum
    Hamilton, ON

Apr
    Canadian Tire Center
    Ottawa, ON

Apr
    MTS Centre
    Winnipeg, MB

Apr
    Credit Union Centre
    Saskatoon, SK

Apr
    Scotiabank Saddledome
    Calgary, AB

Apr
    Rexall Place
    Edmonton, AB

Apr
    Hollywood Bowl
    Los Angeles, CA

May
    DU Arena
    Uae, Abu Dhabi

Jun
    Olympisski
    Moscow, Russia

Jun
    Arena (Ледовый Дворец )
    St. Petersburg, Russia

Jun
    Sweden Rock Festival
    Solvesborg, Sweden

Jun
    Kindl-Bόhne Wuhlheide
    Berlin, Germany

Jun
    Atlas Arena
    Lodz, Poland

Jun
    Kφnigsplatz
    Munich, Germany

Jun
    Nova Rock Festival
    Pannonia Fields II, Nickelsdorf, Austria

Jun
    Unipool Arena
    Bologna, Italy

Jun
    Hallenstadion

Jun
    Hellfest
    Clisson, France

Jun
    Hanns-Martin-Schleyer-Halle
    Stuttgart, Germany

Jun
    Stadion Essen
    Essen, Germany

Jun
    Graspop Metal Meeting
    Dessel, Belgium

Leave a comment:

• frankzappa
    replied
    Sabbath themselves talked up the idea of another album, probably at the point when they were most drunk from the success of 13 - they created the rumor.

John Lee Hooker played and recorded till he was 83. Though I don't relish the prospect of a geriatric Black Sabbath, anything they do together as a group is going
    to sound better than anything they do individually - they have already proven that countless times over the last 36 years, whether they like it or not.

The tour dates look incomplete without more UK shows, and these shows are also scheduled. I think they will announce some UK tour dates.

Mar 31 Barclays Center, Brooklyn, NY

Apr 3 Metro Center, Halifax, NS

Apr 5 Colisee Pepsi, Quebec City, QC

Apr 7 Bell Center, Montreal, QC

Apr 9 Budweiser Gardens, London, ON

Apr 11 Copps Coliseum, Hamilton, ON

Apr 13 Canadian Tire Center, Ottawa, ON

Apr 16 MTS Centre Winnipeg, MB

Apr 18 Credit Union Centre Saskatoon, SK

Apr 20 Scotiabank Saddledome Calgary, AB

Leave a comment:

• 62_SG
    replied
    I believe the term for that is "cheap heat."

Leave a comment:

• Sabbathman
    replied
    Originally posted by frankzappa View Post
    Ozzy said this at the Sheffield concert, and (I think) at least once at Birmingham.

Does Ozzy saying "Should We Come Back Again?" bear any indication on the possibility of us seeing Sabbath again at Sheffield and Birmingham this year, or is it just something he says at every show?
    It's probably an indication that Black Sabbath will return again and again even though Geezer said that this will most likely be the last tour...I guess they'll return already in this year...and after the 3 Ozzy solo albums & tours...they'll keep coming back and going well into their 70's, they'll probably outlast Scorpions with these comebacks. Yeah.

Let's keep it real, people. In the "now" moment...

Another album from Black Sabbath? Another world tour? When? This year? The next? Do they themselves want it?

Another round with Tony's condition? What about Geezer's health and strength?

What about Ozzy's solo albums? I know I don't care to have any of them, but Ozzy has a contract for them...

The current list of future shows is all we have left to think of, for now...let's stick to these for at least a while - before hoping for another 3 studio albums made with the rehabilitated/reconciled/reimbursed Bill Ward!

Jun 1 – Moscow, Russia – Olympisski
    Jun 3 – St Petersburg, Russia – Arena (Ледовый Дворец )
    Jun 8 – Berlin, Germany – Kindl-Buhne Wuhlheide
    Jun 11 – Lodz, Poland – Atlas Arena
    Jun 13 – Munich, Germany
    Jun 15 – Nickelsdorf Austria – Pannonia Fields II (Nova Rock Festival)
    Jun 18 – Bologna, Italy – Unipool Arena
    Jun 24 – Stuggart, Germany – Hans-Martin-Schleyer Halle
    Jun 27 – Essen, Germany – Stadion Essen

Leave a comment:

• Billy Underdog
    replied
    Ozzy will ALWAYS be back, even long after he's dead. Which ofcourse won't be until another 65 years.

Leave a comment:

• OZZYIRONMAN
    replied
    Originally posted by axeman_12656 View Post
    I've seen Ozzy 18 times. I think he has uttered that statement everytime.
    He said that at the shows I went to too. Funny thing is... so far he always HAS come back. well with the exception of Toronto this last time. But he will be playing the Toronto area in April.

Leave a comment:

• axeman_12656
    replied
    I've seen Ozzy 18 times. I think he has uttered that statement everytime. He also always tells me "I'm #1" I know he means that one for sure!!

Leave a comment:

• hipster doofus
    replied
    Originally posted by frankzappa View Post
    Does Ozzy saying "Should We Come Back Again?" bear any indication on the possibility of us seeing Sabbath again at Sheffield and Birmingham this year, or is it just something he says at every show?
    I imagine it's more of an 'in the moment' saying to get people even more pumped. Granted, it's entirely possible that they would, but I wouldn't take it too seriously.

Leave a comment:

• frankzappa
    started a topic "Should We Come Back Again?"

"Should We Come Back Again?"

Ozzy said this at the Sheffield concert, and (I think) at least once at Birmingham.

Working...
X