X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OzzyIsDio
    replied
    Originally posted by Billy Underdog View Post
    Despite of hard attempts from some of us to steer the thread back to topic you're one of those who keep derailing it more than anybody. Can't you see that yourself?
    My last few posts have been on topic.

I think it’s you who keeps derailing this thread, I could feel your hate.

I’ve been talking about female Sabbath fans, move along you ingrate.
    Last edited by OzzyIsDio; 02-05-2018, 03:22 PM.

Leave a comment:

• William_the_Bloody
    replied
    Hmmm... If you were, why do you keep on?
    Billy, I'm not attacking anyone's viewpoint. Those of you who feel there are a ton of female Black Sabbath fans, based on whatever criteria you use (including possibly no criteria at all). I'm fine with it. Great for you guys! Probably a whole "other side of the world" thing, socio-economic thing, age thing...there are a lot of variables in a person's experience to bring to the table.

What's happening here is I keep getting attacked simply for having a different experience and encapsulating that different experience into generalities, blanket statements, whatever.

If I had simply agreed with everyone my supportive blanket statements would've gone by without incident.

So essentially I am not allowed my point of view because I...I don't even want to say disagree, because I don't, but I have a different set of experiences.

In turn, I am called a bigot against women....when in fact the bigotry in this thread goes to those who hold hostility to the different point of view.

I have nothing against any human who is a true individual and fully self-realized, male or female.

I do roll my eyes at Humans (male or female) who quickly reveal to me that they fall into a a pre-existing stereotype. Stereotypes I did not create, by the way, but simply are because the numbers dictate they exist.

In this case, the few very typical profiles of the females who claim to be a fan of the band "Black Sabbath" which we've come here to find is the most important topic in the universe.

I'm not really the bad guy here, but because my viewpoint is different I suppose I should be labeled an a-hole, ostracized, maybe even banned.

Yet, my whole platform is free to be you and me.

It's the other person who desperately needs me to be reprogrammed for some reason.

Leave a comment:

• Billy Underdog
    replied
    Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
    Triple agreed!!!!!
    Despite of hard attempts from some of us to steer the thread back to topic you're one of those who keep derailing it more than anybody. Can't you see that yourself?

Leave a comment:

• Billy Underdog
    replied
    Originally posted by William_the_Bloody View Post
    I am totally cool with you having your own perspective and I respect your right to your own worldview, even if it doesn't mesh with mine.
    Hmmm... If you were, why do you keep on?

Leave a comment:

• William_the_Bloody
    replied
    Originally posted by Sabbabbath View Post
    you are not exactly a person who likes women.
    Oh, I don't know, you're really helping me turn a corner here...

No matter how hard you keep barking at me, no matter how many words you type, no matter how many countless hours you spend typing on your screen, I really don't give a F what you think of me. I know that bothers you, but I will never surrender the sum of my personal experiences, my collected statistics based on my interactions. I simply will not because some internet bully feminazi tells me over and over again I should conform to her way of seeing the world and or blindly accept her testimony of what it contains .

I maintain that there are almost no "real" female Black Sabbath fans by my criteria, which is not as strict or as monstrous as you (and some other SJWs here) would make it out to be.

I will not succumb to your bullying and constant nagging to change my viewpoint.

In fact, the more you lash out at me the stronger it becomes.

In all honesty, I'm glad my Wife likes terrible 80's synth pop. Here comes another blanket statement, get ready to enjoy it: The ladies who grew up on pop music tend to be more well-adjusted mentally than the metal ladies. Less likely for drug abuse, teen pregnancy, and alternative lifestyles that make them essentially unemployable. My wife would never spend hours on an internet forum trying to devalue someone else's observations from their own unique perspective.

I don't know why you can't co-exist with your own viewpoints and persepctives and leave it at that. I don't understand why spending all of your time trying to change me somehow is so important to you. Do you?

You want to waste your energy hating me because I don't think there are many female Black Sabbath fans, go ahead. You want to spend more time calling me "Sad" or whatever because I've called out your hate and now you can't use it...go ahead. Call me Hitler, if you like. Insinuate that I would start a female holocaust if only properly funded. Aren't you exhausted from your own need to keep hurling shit at me?

But if that's your obsession, so be it. Now you will say "You are the one who is obsessed" and you're wrong, stupid or a liar. Which is it? It's wrong because I'm not trying to change your viewpoint. I am totally cool with you having your own perspective and I respect your right to your own worldview, even if it doesn't mesh with mine.

Now can you please move on or do we need to do another 15 laps around this crazy track you've set up for us?

Thanks a lot to you guys for putting some fresh information and energy into this thread! That's nice![/QUOTE]

Leave a comment:

• OzzyIsDio
    replied
    Originally posted by Charger View Post
    Another thread gone to shit and should deserve a

Originally posted by Thelemech View Post
    Agreed!!!!!!!
    Triple agreed!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Thelemech
    replied
    Originally posted by Charger View Post
    Another thread gone to shit and should deserve a

Agreed!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Sabbabbath
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Sabbabbath
    replied
    Mrs. Bloody is Polish, born there, and therefore likes horrible 80's synth Pop, the more Euro and gay the better.
    "Therefore" - aha. Strangely enough, I met several women from Poland, and they all had pretty different musical tastes. (Yeah I know, I know: everything you say is your personal experience and thus untouchable. It's just that you keep generalising, as about 50 people here have noticed.) Well, I really hope you're being a kinder and more open-minded person at home with Mrs. Bloody and the kids than here with us. If she ever came to read all your posts in this thread, she might get the idea that you are not exactly a person who likes women.

Originally posted by hipster doofus View Post
    ...maybe you just hung out with the wrong chicks? Warren, MI must be lame as hell. I've been to many a Black Sabbath concerts, some of which my wife attended with me, some of them female cousins or spouses or significant others of friends. The issue I see with your post is that you're measuring someone's fandom by how obsessively decorated they have to be to BE a fan.

Do males outnumbers females? I don't think anyone can dispute that, but it isn't exactly black and white. Cross me in public, you'd never know I was a Black Sabbath fan. Walk into my home, sit in my car, you wouldn't know I was a Black Sabbath fan immediately. But put on Technical Ecstasy and I'll sing along to every word of All Moving Parts, I'll chat for hours about history, dissect the notes, share memories with stacks of ticket stubs.

I don't have to have a Henry tattoo. Likewise, no female has to daydream about sitting on Tony's face to be a Sabbath fan.

Again, it's probably where you live/lived. Bummer for you.
    Originally posted by AlexBarghest View Post
    I don't know about '70s, but in last 20 years I've seen a drastic change in the audience towards more female presence at shows. Especially in case of extreme metal stuff - Death/Black/Doom. 20 years ago I couldn't even imagine a girl in a circle pit/wall of death/stagediving. Now you have it all. And yes, sometimes you'd never tell a lady could like this stuff by a mere look. And this is music area, where males have been dominant in the audience almost at a rate of 99% back in the mid 90s. For some of the artists in the genre you have 50/50 rate now. And the pattern of attendance is different nowadays as well - in the past there was really a tendency of females acompaning males. Nowadays there are all types of female audience attendants - pairs, singles, even large female friends groups. And the bands I mostly like are very far from being #1 in the charts.

At all shows of H&H / Sabbath I witnessed from 2007 up to the very last show in 2017 the percentage of the female audience members wasn't that small. I couldn't say it was 50/50, but the difference wasn't big enough to tell that there was male domination in the audience.

On female metal music lovers - they definitely do exist. 3 of my ex-gfs were into Metal, and they liked different stuff than me, we shared some likes, but their tastes were absolutely indepedent, they were not formed by ex-bfs (me included), fashion, etc. Only one of them used to like "the metal look" - leather, black clothes, metal silverware, t-shirts, etc, that doesn't mean she always wore it, she wore it quite rarely, actually. The other two never liked "the metal look" at all. I'm sure no one would guess they even knew a single Hard Rock song by their looks. Yes, they were absolutely not caring/obsessed with names of musicians/knowing texts/bands history, but on the other hand they had their own extensive album collections. So were they Metal fans? Absolutely! Were they Metal nerds, knowing every date, when some band vocalist farted way too loud, or made a tour in Oceania? Hell no! But that's a general female tendency with any musical artist. Still my exes knew a lot of bands / album titles / etc, but not to an extent one would expect from a nerd. However their album collections could outnumber some collections of my male friends, who had those nerdy tendencies.
    Thanks a lot to you guys for putting some fresh information and energy into this thread! That's nice!

Leave a comment:

• Billy Underdog
    replied
    ^^^^

Clever boy, editing the quote. Funny thing, though, you've made it seem like you're quoting yourself...

Edit: "narrow bedroom-window point-of-view" was metaphorical, should've known it'd be too much for you to grasp... Sorry. Sincerely.

You got the last sentence right, though. Start living by that one.
    Last edited by Billy Underdog; 02-05-2018, 01:25 PM.

Leave a comment:

• William_the_Bloody
    replied

If you don't share my viewpoint or life experiences, you must live in a basement.

Or, alternatively, your viewpoints and life experiences don't matter.

Only Billy Underdog matters.
    Got it.

Remind me not to go to Scandanavia. On second thought, never mind, I won't forget.

Leave a comment:

• Billy Underdog
    replied
    Originally posted by TYR66 View Post
    ^^^^
    ahh , finally ! Cool derailled thread , Billy.
    As if this thread have been "railed" at all the last pages...

Leave a comment:

• TYR66
    replied
    ^^^^
    ahh , finally ! Cool derailled thread , Billy.
    I want to taste that but take care if you would eat this one , a brutal meat from the Brittany area where I am tonight. True unisex meal

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kig_ha_farz
    bon appétit !

Leave a comment:

• Billy Underdog
    replied
    ^^^^
    This guy've probably been to more shows than most of you, guys...

Nor is it a proper debate.
    You've got that damn right, as long as there's people like you beating their chest shouting "THIS IS ALL I'VE SEEN FROM MY NARROW BEDROOM-WINDOW POINT-OF-VIEW, SO THAT'S THE TRUTH!" or others manipulating people not able to think for themselves to run their errands...

Guess you don't understand the meaning of a discussion forum either, then?

Do they have "Sod off" where you're from? Because Sod off.
    Ofcourse we do, we invented the damn stuff. And not just we as in Norwegians, but we as in the particular parts of Norway i'm from.
    True energetic food for Vikings, no doubt something for your bodybuilder mentality, but sadly i think your mind is just a tiny bit too weak for such powerful substances.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sodd (VERY informative this one...)
    Last edited by Billy Underdog; 02-05-2018, 12:26 PM.

Leave a comment:

• AlexBarghest
    replied
    I don't know about '70s, but in last 20 years I've seen a drastic change in the audience towards more female presence at shows. Especially in case of extreme metal stuff - Death/Black/Doom. 20 years ago I couldn't even imagine a girl in a circle pit/wall of death/stagediving. Now you have it all. And yes, sometimes you'd never tell a lady could like this stuff by a mere look. And this is music area, where males have been dominant in the audience almost at a rate of 99% back in the mid 90s. For some of the artists in the genre you have 50/50 rate now. And the pattern of attendance is different nowadays as well - in the past there was really a tendency of females acompaning males. Nowadays there are all types of female audience attendants - pairs, singles, even large female friends groups. And the bands I mostly like are very far from being #1 in the charts.

At all shows of H&H / Sabbath I witnessed from 2007 up to the very last show in 2017 the percentage of the female audience members wasn't that small. I couldn't say it was 50/50, but the difference wasn't big enough to tell that there was male domination in the audience.

On female metal music lovers - they definitely do exist. 3 of my ex-gfs were into Metal, and they liked different stuff than me, we shared some likes, but their tastes were absolutely indepedent, they were not formed by ex-bfs (me included), fashion, etc. Only one of them used to like "the metal look" - leather, black clothes, metal silverware, t-shirts, etc, that doesn't mean she always wore it, she wore it quite rarely, actually. The other two never liked "the metal look" at all. I'm sure no one would guess they even knew a single Hard Rock song by their looks. Yes, they were absolutely not caring/obsessed with names of musicians/knowing texts/bands history, but on the other hand they had their own extensive album collections. So were they Metal fans? Absolutely! Were they Metal nerds, knowing every date, when some band vocalist farted way too loud, or made a tour in Oceania? Hell no! But that's a general female tendency with any musical artist. Still my exes knew a lot of bands / album titles / etc, but not to an extent one would expect from a nerd. However their album collections could outnumber some collections of my male friends, who had those nerdy tendencies.
    Last edited by AlexBarghest; 02-05-2018, 12:18 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X