X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• William_the_Bloody
    replied
    Originally posted by Billy Underdog View Post
    "In the 80's all girls into Metal were really just poser hanger-ons just into the ballads of Glam/Pop Metal"
    "In the 90's all girls into Rock and Metal were Goths"
    "In the 00's all girls just blindly follow the media"

Do you understand that all arguments that contains the generalizations "all" and "everyone/everything" are simply unvalid, and won't be taken seriously by anyone... serious?

"I haven't been at a concert in almost 25 years, but i'm still 100% sure what's going on there"

Really, Willie? Really?
    These are my experiences, my life. I don't care if you like them or take them seriously or if you label them blanket statements or whatever.

Billy, in case you didn't know, this is a stupid internet forum...it's not a MF novel or set of encyclopedias. Nor is it a proper debate.

If you need it to be all that, I STRONGLY suggest it is YOU who has some sort of problem, not me.

Do they have "Sod off" where you're from? Because Sod off.

Leave a comment:

• Charger
    replied
    Another thread gone to shit and should deserve a

Leave a comment:

• William_the_Bloody
    replied
    Originally posted by hipster doofus View Post
    That puts a whole lot of things into perspective, honestly. Your frame of reference is 1994? While I have no doubt the male to female ratio was and is skewed as a whole for Sabbath, it likely was even more so the case during the Tony Martin fronted version. A majority of the male audience hopped off the wagon at that point.

Nevertheless, there are so many generalizations it's pretty comical. After all the scrolling through your messages, I have to just figure you weren't looking in the right places. Is there a Mrs. Bloody now? Is she a country music obsessed, media gobbling robot?
    No, I have many frames of reference from 1984 onward. 1994 was one stopping point.

Mrs. Bloody is Polish, born there, and therefore likes horrible 80's synth Pop, the more Euro and gay the better. Oh, and Billy Idol and for some reason Van Morrison.

Leave a comment:

• hipster doofus
    replied
    Originally posted by William_the_Bloody View Post
    Now to be fair to you all, and to better understand my experience: I have not gone to any of the Black Sabbath concerts. I have not had interest in seeing Ozzy struggle in the key of mud. Therefore I have not been exposed to the legions of female BS concert goers. The last Sabbath show I saw was Cross Purposes. I did not see any women there that I can recall that weren't someone's girlfriend...in other words, no loose packs of women who all took personal interest in the show and bought tickets etc.

I didn't see that at Dehumanizer, either.
    That puts a whole lot of things into perspective, honestly. Your frame of reference is 1994? While I have no doubt the male to female ratio was and is skewed as a whole for Sabbath, it likely was even more so the case during the Tony Martin fronted version. A majority of the male audience hopped off the wagon at that point.

Nevertheless, there are so many generalizations it's pretty comical. After all the scrolling through your messages, I have to just figure you weren't looking in the right places. Is there a Mrs. Bloody now? Is she a country music obsessed, media gobbling robot?

Leave a comment:

• Billy Underdog
    replied
    "Obsessively decorated" I can see how my words would result in that conclusion, but I was using visual cues to paint a picture and left out more cerebral choices. Suffice it to say, my true breakdown is much more faceted.

In the 80's, chicks around me were inclined to like Ozzy solo but more likely to listen to a couple of songs and then toss the tape in the back seat and put in Bon Jovi or Guns N Roses.

Now I did know one metal girl, but her choice at that time was Metal Church. She was all about Metal Church. Go figure?

Most of the other "Metal Girls" with the concert shirts, Jordache jeans, big hair and fringe leather jackets were posers. They pretended to like Metallica because that's what their boyfriend liked. He was the one coming up with concert tickets, he was the one driving, he was the one in control of the cassette deck. Every once-in-a-while girlfriend will put in Winger or Extreme or Skid Row because they have nice ballads about love and how awesome love is.

The truth is, they tolerated the heavier, deeper stuff *at best*.

-----

In the 90's, I knew girls who liked Slayer, White Zombie, Marilyn Manson, Ozzy, Metallica and yes, some Sabbath sprinkled in. But these girls, in the 90's...these girls were scary. They weren't so much into the bands as they were the lifestyle, the asthetic, the darkness of it all. They were cutters, drug addicts, and borderline criminals in some cases. They didn't know from Sabotage, but if you played it, they were into it. But it didn't get under their skin, so much.

----

Nowadays, even the girls my age have succumbed to Pop, Rap, RnB, Country....literally everything but metal. Again, it's all about whatever lifestyle the media is portraying.

Now to be fair to you all, and to better understand my experience: I have not gone to any of the Black Sabbath concerts. I have not had interest in seeing Ozzy struggle in the key of mud. Therefore I have not been exposed to the legions of female BS concert goers. The last Sabbath show I saw was Cross Purposes. I did not see any women there that I can recall that weren't someone's girlfriend...in other words, no loose packs of women who all took personal interest in the show and bought tickets etc.

I had an ex girlfriend who was over-the-moon about Dio. But when you really got down to Brass tacks, she knew really nothing but Rainbow in the Dark, Last In Line, Holy Diver, Rock N Roll Children. She didn't like Master of the Moon because "It sounded like he was trying too hard to be dark" (facepalm)

In conclusion, y'all tryin' ta tell me Unicorns exist. I'm saying maybe you're right, but I haven't seen one, but I've seen lots of fakes, some of them pretty convincing.

If that makes this a sad thread, well...sorry 'bout that, but better to be a Master of Reality, I think.
    "In the 80's all girls into Metal were really just poser hanger-ons just into the ballads of Glam/Pop Metal"
    "In the 90's all girls into Rock and Metal were Goths"
    "In the 00's all girls just blindly follow the media"

Do you understand that all arguments that contains the generalizations "all" and "everyone/everything" are simply unvalid, and won't be taken seriously by anyone... serious?

"I haven't been at a concert in almost 25 years, but i'm still 100% sure what's going on there"

Really, Willie? Really?

Leave a comment:

• William_the_Bloody
    replied
    "Obsessively decorated" I can see how my words would result in that conclusion, but I was using visual cues to paint a picture and left out more cerebral choices. Suffice it to say, my true breakdown is much more faceted.

In the 80's, chicks around me were inclined to like Ozzy solo but more likely to listen to a couple of songs and then toss the tape in the back seat and put in Bon Jovi or Guns N Roses.

Now I did know one metal girl, but her choice at that time was Metal Church. She was all about Metal Church. Go figure?

Most of the other "Metal Girls" with the concert shirts, Jordache jeans, big hair and fringe leather jackets were posers. They pretended to like Metallica because that's what their boyfriend liked. He was the one coming up with concert tickets, he was the one driving, he was the one in control of the cassette deck. Every once-in-a-while girlfriend will put in Winger or Extreme or Skid Row because they have nice ballads about love and how awesome love is.

The truth is, they tolerated the heavier, deeper stuff *at best*.

-----

In the 90's, I knew girls who liked Slayer, White Zombie, Marilyn Manson, Ozzy, Metallica and yes, some Sabbath sprinkled in. But these girls, in the 90's...these girls were scary. They weren't so much into the bands as they were the lifestyle, the asthetic, the darkness of it all. They were cutters, drug addicts, and borderline criminals in some cases. They didn't know from Sabotage, but if you played it, they were into it. But it didn't get under their skin, so much.

----

Nowadays, even the girls my age have succumbed to Pop, Rap, RnB, Country....literally everything but metal. Again, it's all about whatever lifestyle the media is portraying.

I had an ex girlfriend who was over-the-moon about Dio. But when you really got down to Brass tacks, she knew really nothing but Rainbow in the Dark, Last In Line, Holy Diver, Rock N Roll Children. She didn't like Master of the Moon because "It sounded like he was trying too hard to be dark" (facepalm)

In conclusion, y'all tryin' ta tell me Unicorns exist. I'm saying maybe you're right, but I haven't seen one, but I've seen lots of fakes, some of them pretty convincing.

If that makes this a sad thread, well...sorry 'bout that, but better to be a Master of Reality, I think.

Leave a comment:

• hipster doofus
    replied
    Let us all, just for a moment, sit back and recollect all of the times we've been a passenger in a female's car and been subjected to the musical stylings of Black Sabbath. I remember all of the times I had to sweep away a pile of Black Sabbath jewel cases off of the passenger seat before I could sit down. I remember all of those female stereos that were modified to have an aux input so they could get their Sabbath-heavy playlists off of their devices and into their car audio.

Let's all sit on the porch and pour ourselves a glass of Country Time Lemonade from a pitcher, rocking gently in our wooden, antique rocking chairs...smell of cinnamon brooms in the air...and reminisce about all the times our girlfriends dragged us to the record store because she heard there was still a copy of TYR on Vinyl sitting there, and it's the only one she doesn't have.

Or all of the times we first went to our new girlfriends houses as teens and, entering the sanctity of her bedroom, seeing all of the Geezer Butler posters on the wall.

Don't you all remember these times? What about that girl you knew who tried to re-create Iommi's 7th Star Jacket, the one with all the dangling crosses?

Let's all make a list of the names of the ladies we know who can, without using a search engine, type out all of the lyrics to...oh, let's not make it too hard...Snowblind.

Yes, I stand corrected, there are a TON of real, female Black Sabbath fans out there. Just a ton. Their name is Legion: I am humbled and shamed in my correction on this subject.

I will take measures to kill myself as soon as possible; I have dishonored my ancestors.

-WTB

...maybe you just hung out with the wrong chicks? Warren, MI must be lame as hell. I've been to many a Black Sabbath concerts, some of which my wife attended with me, some of them female cousins or spouses or significant others of friends. The issue I see with your post is that you're measuring someone's fandom by how obsessively decorated they have to be to BE a fan.

Do males outnumbers females? I don't think anyone can dispute that, but it isn't exactly black and white. Cross me in public, you'd never know I was a Black Sabbath fan. Walk into my home, sit in my car, you wouldn't know I was a Black Sabbath fan immediately. But put on Technical Ecstasy and I'll sing along to every word of All Moving Parts, I'll chat for hours about history, dissect the notes, share memories with stacks of ticket stubs.

I don't have to have a Henry tattoo. Likewise, no female has to daydream about sitting on Tony's face to be a Sabbath fan.

Again, it's probably where you live/lived. Bummer for you.

Just my 2 cents as this has turned into one of the saddest threads on this board. Jeez...

Leave a comment:

• Kennyz
    replied
    Originally posted by BACK TO EDEN View Post

.... I got to go now ,, my caviar , oysters , truffles , foie gras and "honey" are ready ,, along with track 3 "TWILIGHT ZONE" from side 4 of my ultra rare unreleased version of "Sabotage"!!

Second album of Sabotage Twiligh Zone= Science fiction.

Leave a comment:

• William_the_Bloody
    replied
    Originally posted by back to eden View Post
    @vyn , i'm way too big of a fan of yours to jump all over that post .... I do love the spunk tho ,, you or the drugs ?

@oh lord yeah , great to see you!

@linda , ya um , i'm not , nor have i ever been , part of any trade circles .... No need , so the only code i have is my own ,, but hey thanks for the information (i would put a real kool word here , but way too much "hypersensitivity" going on ) ..... Joking!!

@sicko , by we all suck - you mean just me right ? .... You realize i'm the only one actually on these boards besides you ,, when you come around anyways.

.... I got to go now ,, my caviar , oysters , truffles , foie gras and "honey" are ready ,, along with track 3 "twilight zone" from side 4 of my ultra rare unreleased version of "sabotage"!!
    i knew it!

Leave a comment:

• BACK TO EDEN
    replied
    @VYN , I'm way too big of a fan of yours to jump all over that post .... I do love the spunk tho ,, you or the drugs ?

@OH LORD YEAH , great to see YOU!

@LINDA , ya um , I'm not , nor have I ever been , part of any trade circles .... no need , so the only code I have is my own ,, but hey thanks for the information (I would put a real kool word here , but WAY too much "hypersensitivity" going on ) ..... joking!!

@SICKO , by we all suck - you mean just me right ? .... you realize I'm the only one actually on these boards besides you ,, when you come around anyways.

.... I got to go now ,, my caviar , oysters , truffles , foie gras and "honey" are ready ,, along with track 3 "TWILIGHT ZONE" from side 4 of my ultra rare unreleased version of "Sabotage"!!

Leave a comment:

• oh lord yeah!
    replied
    I know I'm part of it and all, but I'm just as baffled as you. In addition to whatever the hell "my" thing is, there seems to be some insider, legacy subplot. I have no idea. I know that there's a lot of "Insider trading" going on and then there seems to be some resentment. "Doc" seems to have things in the vault that Tony Iommi doesn't even recollect, like the 2nd LP of "Sabotage" when it was supposed to be a double album of all-new material, the studio version of "Scary Dreams" and a copy of "13" which features the vocals of Ozzy Osbourne when he was 20, having been brought to the studio via time-travel spirit summoning or something. No lie.
    Missing album from sabotage. Now that would be discovering the holy grail .

Leave a comment:

• oh lord yeah!
    replied
    I know a few female Sabbath admirers. My wife being one of them. Weren't around in the 70s to comment, but although bands like Zeppelin probably got more female attention, I'm sure Sabbath got their fair share. It was the 70s after all.

Leave a comment:

• William_the_Bloody
    replied
    Originally posted by oh lord yeah! View Post
    WTF has happened to everyone. Is this black sabbath in 1978 all over again? Everyone strung out on whatever, and at each other's throats.
    I know I'm part of it and all, but I'm just as baffled as you. In addition to whatever the hell "my" thing is, there seems to be some insider, legacy subplot. I have no idea. I know that there's a lot of "Insider trading" going on and then there seems to be some resentment. "Doc" seems to have things in the vault that Tony Iommi doesn't even recollect, like the 2nd LP of "Sabotage" when it was supposed to be a double album of all-new material, the studio version of "Scary Dreams" and a copy of "13" which features the vocals of Ozzy Osbourne when he was 20, having been brought to the studio via time-travel spirit summoning or something. No lie.

Leave a comment:

• oh lord yeah!
    replied
    WTF has happened to everyone. Is this black sabbath in 1978 all over again? Everyone strung out on whatever, and at each other's throats.

Leave a comment:

• OzzyIsDio
    replied
    Originally posted by Vynlsol View Post
    Come on OID, that was weak and you know it. Doc typed those words with a specific purpose in mind and it wasn't from a place of peacemaking.

The light switch cover's relevance to this thread, if one wants to put the thought into it, is that the best intentions are often worthless when the execution of those intentions is hamfisted.

Instead of being reminded of one of the ten commandments every time someone switches the light on/off, they are reminded of two kids watching you finger the holy sausage. WTF lol.

"Political correctness" does not figure into this at all.
    Thanks for explaining Vyn.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X