X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sabbabbath View Post
    Roller, we need you here... ;-)
    Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
    It would be interesting to find out who this Virginia Davies is.
    That was from a 1972 St Petersburg, Florida newspaper article asking teens about the current tastes in music. Those kids would be in their 60's now. I have no idea who Virginia Davies is, or was.

The article and the "pioneer" comment were meant to be humorous, as there were always lots of female Sabbath fans!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rollerjoint View Post
      That was from a 1972 St Petersburg, Florida newspaper article asking teens about the current tastes in music. Those kids would be in their 60's now. I have no idea who Virginia Davies is, or was.

The article and the "pioneer" comment were meant to be humorous, as there were always lots of female Sabbath fans!
      Thank you Roller.
      "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
      "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
      ________Sabbath Forever, Forever Sabbath!______OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

It is fascinating that the frequency of you talking about your wealth and offering to "help" (read: bribe) people even in the most improper situations comes pretty close to the frequency of your mentioning God.

Thank you, your kind words are truly appreciated. I will say sorry in advance for subjecting some of your claims to the same procedure.;-) Please don't take it personally, I am disagreeing with some things you say, not with you as a person.

So you are not aware he was once banned from the forum for precisely that reason? He was for a fact, it has been confirmed several times. Of course, that alone does not prove he is still doing it of course, but the way that "Ronn" keeps applauding "BTE" and acting as his bandog much of the time seems to resemble extremely closely the exact procedure that the Doc once applied with his fake accounts. As a new member, I am reading many old threads on this forum in order to learn, and it's very obvious to me.

...well, not surprisingly so, given how that personality affects his behavior and how that behavior affects the interactions and atmosphere on this forum.

I am not sure how to measure that, but honestly, I don't really care that much. For my opinion about a person and/or their actions, their being a Sabbath fan or not is definitely not my first priority criteria.

Rollerjoint and many others have provided a significant amount of information about Black Sabbath too, but haven't at the same time tried to achieve hegemony by bribery ("helping") and bullying, let alone used a fake account to applaud themselves (again, this is not a theory, it has been confirmed to me).

Well, others have stated before in this thread that there was, overall or at certain times, a significant amount of female Sabbath fans. The Doc does the same, uses two % numbers, and boom!, apparently we have a "statistic". The Doc has made it very clear that he doesn't believe in the validity of scientific proof at all, so what makes you think that those numbers are the result of a statistical inquiry? It's just numbers off the top of his head. If William won't be convinced by those, I'd have to side with him on that point: these % numbers are just another personal estimation, just like the ones that didn't make William change his mind at all, so why should these ones have any special weight in the argument?

If Ozzy was posting on this forum, and he included "God this" or "Jesus that" in almost every post, I would indeed find that annoying. Anyway, even when Ozzy shouts that kind of stuff, he isn't trying to evangelise other people. That makes quite a difference IMO.
        It is disappointing that some of these points of little relevance continue to swirl. You pulled an old accusation, which was not accurate, and continued to run with it. I have a great deal of respect for Joe, and he clearly does not see this as a current issue. If I own a black car and five other people in my neighborhood also own black cars, does that mean that we are the same person? Perhaps, I am also Ozzy, Doc, or Chuck Norris. I am not here to defend Doc, however it is necessary to illustrate the big picture regarding the great/mysterious/evil/passionate character known as Doc. Yes, passion about Black Sabbath matters on BSO. I have never seen someone this passionate about a band. If you read some of his contributions, you would see a guy who is obsessed with every note ever produced by the masters. Even more surprising, there are several people who have met Doc in person and attended events he has sponsored. Bribery? That is a very cynical view and not reflective of reality. The man I have known, takes pleasure in assisting fellow members enhance their enjoyment of Black Sabbath. Did you know that he sent several members boots of the specific show that they attended on the 13 tour? As you can see, many respect and are supportive of Doc. I do not always agree with Doc on his ratings, yet I am not offended by his presentation. Everyone is flawed, and a strong passion can result in statements which come across as arrogant, or authoritarian. Of course there are other solid contributors here, and there are also many who only contribute negativity.

Mentioning God, or a statement reflecting a religious belief hardly equates to an attempt to evangelise. Hypersensitivity to certain words, or a varying opinion, diminishes free speech and open debate. Back to the original topic, one can only contribute his/her personal experiences to the discussion of the fan base of Black Sabbath, and these accounts provide value to BSO. In the End interviews, I believe Geezer commented on a wider acceptance of Black Sabbath in recent years. How much has this changed the demographic?

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sabman Cometh View Post
          It is disappointing that some of these points of little relevance continue to swirl. You pulled an old accusation, which was not accurate, and continued to run with it. I have a great deal of respect for Joe, and he clearly does not see this as a current issue. If I own a black car and five other people in my neighborhood also own black cars, does that mean that we are the same person? Perhaps, I am also Ozzy, Doc, or Chuck Norris. I am not here to defend Doc, however it is necessary to illustrate the big picture regarding the great/mysterious/evil/passionate character known as Doc. Yes, passion about Black Sabbath matters on BSO. I have never seen someone this passionate about a band. If you read some of his contributions, you would see a guy who is obsessed with every note ever produced by the masters. Even more surprising, there are several people who have met Doc in person and attended events he has sponsored. Bribery? That is a very cynical view and not reflective of reality. The man I have known, takes pleasure in assisting fellow members enhance their enjoyment of Black Sabbath. Did you know that he sent several members boots of the specific show that they attended on the 13 tour? As you can see, many respect and are supportive of Doc. I do not always agree with Doc on his ratings, yet I am not offended by his presentation. Everyone is flawed, and a strong passion can result in statements which come across as arrogant, or authoritarian. Of course there are other solid contributors here, and there are also many who only contribute negativity.

Mentioning God, or a statement reflecting a religious belief hardly equates to an attempt to evangelise. Hypersensitivity to certain words, or a varying opinion, diminishes free speech and open debate. Back to the original topic, one can only contribute his/her personal experiences to the discussion of the fan base of Black Sabbath, and these accounts provide value to BSO. In the End interviews, I believe Geezer commented on a wider acceptance of Black Sabbath in recent years. How much has this changed the demographic?
          That is true Sabman, I have met Doc in several occasions. He is real.

Great points you made.
          "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
          "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sabman Cometh View Post
            Hypersensitivity to certain words, or a varying opinion, diminishes free speech and open debate. Back to the original topic, one can only contribute his/her personal experiences to the discussion of the fan base of Black Sabbath, and these accounts provide value to BSO.
            With this in mind TSC, I hope you agree then that one of the most popular album threads in recent years shouldn't have been locked--- simply because two people displayed "hypersensitivity" towards facts and viewpoints that differed from theirs. Respect.
            Last edited by A Sabbath Historian; 02-02-2018, 03:39 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
              Ronn, this post cracked me up, God bless you brother and thank you for accepting my friendship as Doc did.
              You think threatening a fellow member with physical violence is funny do you? Or were you you just to fucking stupid to see that?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jack the Stripper View Post
                You think threatening a fellow member with physical violence is funny do you? Or were you you just to fucking stupid to see that?
                You’re exaggerating Jack, there was no threatening, I thought it funny about the sock and Ronn saying you’ll need bigger gloves.

I have no problem with you, or anyone on here.

Come on Jack really?

Comment

That is true Sabman, I have met Doc in several occasions. He is real.
                  Sure, but nobody has doubted that.

Originally posted by Jack the Stripper View Post
                  You're right - I overlooked Ronn's post until you just quoted it. I agree it was a threat, it is not funny and not acceptable.

You’re exaggerating Jack, there was no threatening, I thought it funny about the sock and Ronn saying you’ll need bigger gloves.
                  I have no problem with you, or anyone on here.
                  Come on Jack really?
                  OID, honestly, everyone here knows "Ronn" is a bully (or rather, he is the bully+cheerleader account of the Doc). He has been banned for a while because of that, and we all know his posts. Denying it won't change it.
                  Last edited by Sabbabbath; 02-02-2018, 06:38 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rollerjoint View Post

Thanks Roller, your posts are always appreciated. Any more material, pictures, articles, evidence is welcome.

Comment

Sure, but nobody has doubted that.

You're right - I overlooked Ronn's post until you just quoted it. I agree it was a threat, it is not funny and not acceptable.

OID, honestly, everyone here knows "Ronn" is a bully (or rather, he is the bully+cheerleader account of the Doc). He has been banned for a while because of that, and we all know his posts. Denying it won't change it.
                      Ronn is no bully, Linda. That was a joke, the man was being called a puppet and he answered, who was being the bully?

You can call Jack a bully, he came on here and called me Effing stupid, did I retaliate? No.

I’m at peace with Jack no problem with him and no quarrels with him, I wish him the best.

I myself have called Ronn a sock puppet, never felt threatened by him, and I called him that with no basis to it, just out of anger, something I regret.

The multiple accounts have been explained. Ronn is not Doc, the man is a man above men, all the Sabbath joy he’s spread around here, to Billy, Jack, myself and countless others on here is proof of that.

We all say things on here we don’t agree with, but Doc says something people don’t agree with and he gets jumped on.

Jack instigated the situation with a sock puppet picture, Ronn jokingly answered, Jack is half a world away. Yet Ronn is threatening him violently? Come on Linda, I’ve asked you not to jump on the bandwagon.

Ronn has no qualms with Jack or anyone, just as I don’t.

Comment

Ronn is no bully, Linda. That was a joke, the man was being called a puppet and he answered, who was being the bully?

You can call Jack a bully, he came on here and called me Effing stupid, did I retaliate? No.

I’m at peace with Jack no problem with him and no quarrels with him, I wish him the best.

I myself have called Ronn a sock puppet, never felt threatened by him, and I called him that with no basis to it, just out of anger, something I regret.

The multiple accounts have been explained. Ronn is not Doc, the man is a man above men, all the Sabbath joy he’s spread around here, to Billy, Jack, myself and countless others on here is proof of that.

We all say things on here we don’t agree with, but Doc says something people don’t agree with and he gets jumped on.

Jack instigated the situation with a sock puppet picture, Ronn jokingly answered, Jack is half a world away. Yet Ronn is threatening him violently? Come on Linda, I’ve asked you not to jump on the bandwagon.

Honestly, OID, neither the Doc nor his puppet account deserve your courageous defense.

Comment

Honestly, OID, neither the Doc nor his puppet account deserve your courageous defense.
                          I’m not being courageous Linda, Doc is a good man, hasn’t done anyone on here any wrong, yet people on here who relished in his goodness and gifts are siccing the dogs on him.
                          Last edited by OzzyIsDio; 02-03-2018, 10:40 AM. Reason: Typo

Comment

• Originally posted by Jack the Stripper View Post
                            seriously dude, it was a joke in response to your constant bullshit
                            and a respectful one at that
                            besides Jeff Fenech won the 3rd match \m/

Originally posted by Sabbabbath View Post

Lol, that's not why I was banned one time for 5 days
                            Besides how can I be the doc when I'm in fact Batman

Well said YoY
                            I don't understand why doc feels sorry for her,
                            I think she is in love with him

Comment

• Originally posted by ronn View Post
                              I don't understand why doc feels sorry for her,
                              I think she is in love with him
                              Aha, so the Doc is a woman? ;-)

Comment

Aha, so the Doc is a woman? ;-)
                                hahaha that was good! \m/

do you have the first show of the tyr tour?

Comment

Working...
                                X