X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sabbabbath
    replied
    Originally posted by Rollerjoint View Post
    That was from a 1972 St Petersburg, Florida newspaper article asking teens about the current tastes in music. Those kids would be in their 60's now. I have no idea who Virginia Davies is, or was.

The article and the "pioneer" comment were meant to be humorous, as there were always lots of female Sabbath fans!
    Thanks Roller, your posts are always appreciated. Any more material, pictures, articles, evidence is welcome.

Leave a comment:

• Sabbabbath
    replied
    Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
    That is true Sabman, I have met Doc in several occasions. He is real.
    Sure, but nobody has doubted that.

Originally posted by Jack the Stripper View Post
    You think threatening a fellow member with physical violence is funny do you? Or were you you just to fucking stupid to see that?
    You're right - I overlooked Ronn's post until you just quoted it. I agree it was a threat, it is not funny and not acceptable.

You’re exaggerating Jack, there was no threatening, I thought it funny about the sock and Ronn saying you’ll need bigger gloves.
    I have no problem with you, or anyone on here.
    Come on Jack really?
    OID, honestly, everyone here knows "Ronn" is a bully (or rather, he is the bully+cheerleader account of the Doc). He has been banned for a while because of that, and we all know his posts. Denying it won't change it.
    Last edited by Sabbabbath; 02-02-2018, 06:38 PM.

Leave a comment:

• OzzyIsDio
    replied
    Originally posted by Jack the Stripper View Post
    You think threatening a fellow member with physical violence is funny do you? Or were you you just to fucking stupid to see that?
    You’re exaggerating Jack, there was no threatening, I thought it funny about the sock and Ronn saying you’ll need bigger gloves.

I have no problem with you, or anyone on here.

Come on Jack really?

Leave a comment:

• Jack the Stripper
    replied
    Ronn, this post cracked me up, God bless you brother and thank you for accepting my friendship as Doc did.

Leave a comment:

• A Sabbath Historian
    replied
    Originally posted by The Sabman Cometh View Post
    Hypersensitivity to certain words, or a varying opinion, diminishes free speech and open debate. Back to the original topic, one can only contribute his/her personal experiences to the discussion of the fan base of Black Sabbath, and these accounts provide value to BSO.
    With this in mind TSC, I hope you agree then that one of the most popular album threads in recent years shouldn't have been locked--- simply because two people displayed "hypersensitivity" towards facts and viewpoints that differed from theirs. Respect.
    Last edited by A Sabbath Historian; 02-02-2018, 03:39 PM.

Leave a comment:

• OzzyIsDio
    replied
    It is disappointing that some of these points of little relevance continue to swirl. You pulled an old accusation, which was not accurate, and continued to run with it. I have a great deal of respect for Joe, and he clearly does not see this as a current issue. If I own a black car and five other people in my neighborhood also own black cars, does that mean that we are the same person? Perhaps, I am also Ozzy, Doc, or Chuck Norris. I am not here to defend Doc, however it is necessary to illustrate the big picture regarding the great/mysterious/evil/passionate character known as Doc. Yes, passion about Black Sabbath matters on BSO. I have never seen someone this passionate about a band. If you read some of his contributions, you would see a guy who is obsessed with every note ever produced by the masters. Even more surprising, there are several people who have met Doc in person and attended events he has sponsored. Bribery? That is a very cynical view and not reflective of reality. The man I have known, takes pleasure in assisting fellow members enhance their enjoyment of Black Sabbath. Did you know that he sent several members boots of the specific show that they attended on the 13 tour? As you can see, many respect and are supportive of Doc. I do not always agree with Doc on his ratings, yet I am not offended by his presentation. Everyone is flawed, and a strong passion can result in statements which come across as arrogant, or authoritarian. Of course there are other solid contributors here, and there are also many who only contribute negativity.

Mentioning God, or a statement reflecting a religious belief hardly equates to an attempt to evangelise. Hypersensitivity to certain words, or a varying opinion, diminishes free speech and open debate. Back to the original topic, one can only contribute his/her personal experiences to the discussion of the fan base of Black Sabbath, and these accounts provide value to BSO. In the End interviews, I believe Geezer commented on a wider acceptance of Black Sabbath in recent years. How much has this changed the demographic?
    That is true Sabman, I have met Doc in several occasions. He is real.

Great points you made.

Leave a comment:

• The Sabman Cometh
    replied
    Originally posted by Sabbabbath View Post
    It is fascinating that the frequency of you talking about your wealth and offering to "help" (read: bribe) people even in the most improper situations comes pretty close to the frequency of your mentioning God.

Thank you, your kind words are truly appreciated. I will say sorry in advance for subjecting some of your claims to the same procedure.;-) Please don't take it personally, I am disagreeing with some things you say, not with you as a person.

So you are not aware he was once banned from the forum for precisely that reason? He was for a fact, it has been confirmed several times. Of course, that alone does not prove he is still doing it of course, but the way that "Ronn" keeps applauding "BTE" and acting as his bandog much of the time seems to resemble extremely closely the exact procedure that the Doc once applied with his fake accounts. As a new member, I am reading many old threads on this forum in order to learn, and it's very obvious to me.

...well, not surprisingly so, given how that personality affects his behavior and how that behavior affects the interactions and atmosphere on this forum.

I am not sure how to measure that, but honestly, I don't really care that much. For my opinion about a person and/or their actions, their being a Sabbath fan or not is definitely not my first priority criteria.

Rollerjoint and many others have provided a significant amount of information about Black Sabbath too, but haven't at the same time tried to achieve hegemony by bribery ("helping") and bullying, let alone used a fake account to applaud themselves (again, this is not a theory, it has been confirmed to me).

Well, others have stated before in this thread that there was, overall or at certain times, a significant amount of female Sabbath fans. The Doc does the same, uses two % numbers, and boom!, apparently we have a "statistic". The Doc has made it very clear that he doesn't believe in the validity of scientific proof at all, so what makes you think that those numbers are the result of a statistical inquiry? It's just numbers off the top of his head. If William won't be convinced by those, I'd have to side with him on that point: these % numbers are just another personal estimation, just like the ones that didn't make William change his mind at all, so why should these ones have any special weight in the argument?

If Ozzy was posting on this forum, and he included "God this" or "Jesus that" in almost every post, I would indeed find that annoying. Anyway, even when Ozzy shouts that kind of stuff, he isn't trying to evangelise other people. That makes quite a difference IMO.
    It is disappointing that some of these points of little relevance continue to swirl. You pulled an old accusation, which was not accurate, and continued to run with it. I have a great deal of respect for Joe, and he clearly does not see this as a current issue. If I own a black car and five other people in my neighborhood also own black cars, does that mean that we are the same person? Perhaps, I am also Ozzy, Doc, or Chuck Norris. I am not here to defend Doc, however it is necessary to illustrate the big picture regarding the great/mysterious/evil/passionate character known as Doc. Yes, passion about Black Sabbath matters on BSO. I have never seen someone this passionate about a band. If you read some of his contributions, you would see a guy who is obsessed with every note ever produced by the masters. Even more surprising, there are several people who have met Doc in person and attended events he has sponsored. Bribery? That is a very cynical view and not reflective of reality. The man I have known, takes pleasure in assisting fellow members enhance their enjoyment of Black Sabbath. Did you know that he sent several members boots of the specific show that they attended on the 13 tour? As you can see, many respect and are supportive of Doc. I do not always agree with Doc on his ratings, yet I am not offended by his presentation. Everyone is flawed, and a strong passion can result in statements which come across as arrogant, or authoritarian. Of course there are other solid contributors here, and there are also many who only contribute negativity.

Mentioning God, or a statement reflecting a religious belief hardly equates to an attempt to evangelise. Hypersensitivity to certain words, or a varying opinion, diminishes free speech and open debate. Back to the original topic, one can only contribute his/her personal experiences to the discussion of the fan base of Black Sabbath, and these accounts provide value to BSO. In the End interviews, I believe Geezer commented on a wider acceptance of Black Sabbath in recent years. How much has this changed the demographic?

Leave a comment:

• OzzyIsDio
    replied
    That was from a 1972 St Petersburg, Florida newspaper article asking teens about the current tastes in music. Those kids would be in their 60's now. I have no idea who Virginia Davies is, or was.

The article and the "pioneer" comment were meant to be humorous, as there were always lots of female Sabbath fans!
    Thank you Roller.

Leave a comment:

• Rollerjoint
    replied
    Roller, we need you here... ;-)
    It would be interesting to find out who this Virginia Davies is.

Leave a comment:

• OzzyIsDio
    replied
    Hi Linda, I've looked this lady up several times, google and yahoo searched, to no avail,

It would be interesting to find out who this Virginia Davies is.

Leave a comment:

• OzzyIsDio
    replied
    Originally posted by BACK TO EDEN View Post
    OID , don't worry about Jack , he says his peace and moves on , not a bad guy - just not a fan of me ... as for Billy , he knows what I'm about , I believe he took the work comment to mean him ... (it wasn't meant for you Billy , and who it was meant for was not in a mean way - I just was expressing why William wasn't matching a book with a book - life!) (and Billy you know for a fact even if you hate me , I would help you with bills , gas , anything .... but drugs )

Billy , in the history of this forum , you n Roller - maybe Thel? - , are the only 2 people I have ever asked , "What happen with OID and I" ....... you can hate me for ?? , but you know you don't.

OID , first off , no sorry needed , I was never upset with you , forgiveness was immediate ..... would never say a word against you the person my brother ,,,, I had no clue what happen lol , I was friggin clueless .... Mary , Art , Ted , JR , Kelly were searching the net to find answers ,,, Ronn was like "We are the 3 amigos , when one is down , the other 2 work harder til the 3rd is back , and OID will be back" ..... Amen!

What you read in that France thread - was in no WAY , SHAPE or FORM about you AT ALL brother , not one bit , not a single word ..... I swear to you I have never said a derogatory comment about you to anyone EVER ..... and when I say to you - THANKYOU for this morning - I can't even express it brother - someone sent me a text , I was at the club , I read it , I told Mary to tell Ronn - and I responded to you as fast as I was able - I've been healing the world all day , and helping the homeless tonight - but , in my head I could not wait to get here and say - "THANKYOU FOR BEING YOU , that's a special thing to be , and your IT man!"

I know more Sabbath fans than most ,, and about 22% are females ,, some , maybe even 20% , are hardcore ,,,, with that being said , everything William was saying made total complete sense , especially when paying attention to where he was coming from ..... as for I , male or female , get drilled by me with questions - more intense than , but along the same framework of William's thoughts - for one to even be able to have the opportunity for I to formulate an opinion on if I want to waste my time or not (sad but true).

God Bless

Thank you Doc, we as human beings sometimes let our earthly emotions take over instead of our spiritual ones, sometimes it takes a lot of praying and asking our Lord to guide us in the right direction.

You have been good to many on here, including those who are now attacking you, without ever asking anything in return, that is not bribing but being selfless.

OID, I am glad to see you active again and to hear that you reconciled your misunderstanding.

Vyn, I wish you a speedy recovery. Nice job on bringing some humor into this nonsense.

Linda, yes, Jeff offered a different perspective than WC, but then the discussion down this path came to an end. Your contributions are appreciated, especially your thorough manner in supporting your positions. Unfortunately, you did yourself a disservice by repeating the misguided notion that Doc posts as several different members. On occasion, Doc's personality will clash with some members here, however, you will never find a more passionate fan of Black Sabbath. Doc has provided a significant amount of information about Black Sabbath and he has selflessly helped spread the Sabbath joy and helped many on BSO.

Billy, I hope you are well. Some of your recent comments are not consistent with your regular thoughtful and level-headed contributions.

Doc, your stats are interesting. I wonder if the female interest in Black Sabbath has been increasing over time.

Shut down this site, Ozzy said "God bless you" in concert. Wait a minute, several Black Sabbath songs also say the unspeakable word. This cannot be tolerated!
    Thank you Sabman, you're always a class act.

Originally posted by ronn View Post
    ^^ You'll need better gloves than that if we ever meet bra
    The professor Azumah Nelson!
    YoY
    Ronn, this post cracked me up, God bless you brother and thank you for accepting my friendship as Doc did.
    Last edited by OzzyIsDio; 02-02-2018, 08:49 AM. Reason: Typo

Leave a comment:

• BACK TO EDEN
    replied
    Now back to the the topic?
    Amen to that!!

Leave a comment:

• Sabbabbath
    replied
    ...wealth...help...biblical...sent hundreds of packages to people here...JESUS...BTE...God...
    Sums it up pretty well I guess. Now back to the the topic?

1972. United States of America. Virginia Davies, a true pioneer.

Doesn't go for Iron Man, Paranoid, Sweet Leaf or any of that lightweight stuff, but straight to the heaviest song ever recorded by anyone at the time, Electric Funeral.

Who is Virginia Davies Roller?

Leave a comment:

• BACK TO EDEN
    replied
    It is fascinating that the frequency of you talking about your wealth and offering to "help" (read: bribe) people even in the most improper situations comes pretty close to the frequency of your mentioning God.

I am sure that you are aware he was once banned from the forum for precisely that reason, don't you?

On occasion, Doc's personality will clash with some members here,
    ...well, not surprisingly so, given how that personality affects his behavior and how that behavior affects the interactions and atmosphere on this forum.

I am not sure how to measure that, but honestly, I don't really care that much. For my opinion about a person and/or their actions, their being a Sabbath fan or not is definitely not my first priority criteria.

Rollerjoint and many others have provided a significant amount of information about Black Sabbath too, but haven't at the same time tried to achieve hegemony by bribery ("helping") and bullying, let alone used a fake account to applaud themselves (again, this is not a theory, it has been confirmed to me).

Well, others have stated before in this thread that there was, overall or at certain times, a significant amount of female Sabbath fans. The Doc does the same, uses two % numbers, and boom!, apparently we have a "statistic". The Doc has made it very clear that he doesn't believe in the validity of scientific proof at all, so what makes you think that those numbers are the result of a statistical inquiry? It's just numbers off the top of his head. If William won't be convinced by those, I'd have to side with him on that point: these % numbers are just another personal estimation, just like the ones that didn't make William change his mind at all, so why should these ones have any special weight in the argument?

If Ozzy was posting on this forum, and he included "God this" or "Jesus that" in almost every post, I would indeed find that annoying. Anyway, even when Ozzy shouts that kind of stuff, he isn't trying to evangelise other people. That makes quite a difference IMO.
    Linda , "wealth" and help going together is biblical .... have I actually bought up "wealth" ? , maybe 3 times in 6 years - maybe ? - and never just because , have I ? EDIT - and maybe I have , I'm asking sincerely.

Ya 22% is an accurate number , and based on how many fans I'm around , pretty accurate at that ..... sorry that upsets you ?

Bribe , really ?

I was band for the same IP address (clubs , locations) , not for being the same poster (many people I know are on these forums from the EXACT same location , hence the success of "The Listen") (Joe is aware of that) , in fact multiple PEOPLE have used Ronn's one account (out of respect to D) or there would be 6 or more of us running around.

The true Ronn is special .... and has sent hundreds of packages to people here.

I on the other hand have posted only as JESUS SAVES and BTE .... the importance of that to you is flattering tho ....

Anyways your intensity is good for BSO - EDIT - I mean this , insanity included

God Bless
    Last edited by BACK TO EDEN; 02-02-2018, 05:46 AM. Reason: A day in a life .....

Leave a comment:

• Sabbabbath
    replied
    and Billy you know for a fact even if you hate me , I would help you with bills , gas , anything .... but drugs )

Your contributions are appreciated, especially your thorough manner in supporting your positions.
    Thank you, your kind words are truly appreciated. I will say sorry in advance for subjecting some of your claims to the same procedure.;-) Please don't take it personally, I am disagreeing with some things you say, not with you as a person.

Unfortunately, you did yourself a disservice by repeating the misguided notion that Doc posts as several different members.
    So you are not aware he was once banned from the forum for precisely that reason? He was for a fact, it has been confirmed several times. Of course, that alone does not prove he is still doing it of course, but the way that "Ronn" keeps applauding "BTE" and acting as his bandog much of the time seems to resemble extremely closely the exact procedure that the Doc once applied with his fake accounts. As a new member, I am reading many old threads on this forum in order to learn, and it's very obvious to me.

On occasion, Doc's personality will clash with some members here,

however, you will never find a more passionate fan of Black Sabbath.

Doc has provided a significant amount of information about Black Sabbath and he has selflessly helped spread the Sabbath joy and helped many on BSO.

]Doc, your stats are interesting.
    Originally posted by turch118 View Post
    I don't necessarily agree with William, but if you posted these stats a lot earlier it would have saved a lot of hurtful comments and unnecessary banter. It might have even convinced William.

Shut down this site, Ozzy said "God bless you" in concert. Wait a minute, several Black Sabbath songs also say the unspeakable word. This cannot be tolerated!
    Last edited by Sabbabbath; 02-02-2018, 05:19 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X