Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ozzy-Era Female Audience

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by ronn View Post
    It seems that woman hear differently from men.
    Therefore they are attracted to a less aggressive sound.
    That may be the case Ronn, I'm not much of a scientific guy.

    I always think and feel that women who are into Sabbath, especially if that's their favorite band, that they are special, in a wonderful sense.
    "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
    "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
    ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

    Comment


    • Funny this is even an issue LOL

      It reminds me of some videogame forums when people ask "Do girls like videogames??". Well duh!! I'm a female and LOVE Black Sabbath(all eras even),and I know many others who like them on the same level as well.

      Back in 2004 I met a woman who actually likes Technical Ecstasy like I do. That surprised me actually because I always thought I was the only girl who liked that album.

      I think my mom liked Sabbath too, at least was aware of them during the 70's.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Lillith13 View Post
        Funny this is even an issue LOL

        It reminds me of some videogame forums when people ask "Do girls like videogames??". Well duh!! I'm a female and LOVE Black Sabbath(all eras even),and I know many others who like them on the same level as well.

        Back in 2004 I met a woman who actually likes Technical Ecstasy like I do. That surprised me actually because I always thought I was the only girl who liked that album.

        I think my mom liked Sabbath too, at least was aware of them during the 70's.
        You have good taste Lilith, love Technical, I have some fond memories growing up in my teen years to that album, driving around in my old car a 70ís Dodge Aspen, with my cassette radio in the back seat, as I only had a Am radio in my car, so I had to improvise.
        "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
        "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
        ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

        Comment


        • Stopped off at a Pizza Parlor, got me a couple of slices, and the young lady waitress, complimented me on my Sabbath t-shirt. I asked her if she liked Sabbath with a smile, and she replied yes.


          Made me happy.
          "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
          "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
          ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

          Comment


          • I don’t want to go off topic, but second compliment on my Never Say Die! 1978 Tour shirt, this time a young black man.
            "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
            "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
            ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

            Comment


            • I will agree with the term "Guy's band" which Ozzy gave to the band. Sabbath's music, it isn't related to Romance, to the bright side of life, is dark and heavy so Sabbath's music style, is unappealing to females in my opinion. Sabbath's catalogue, is not having a plenty of chick-magnet ballads like the ones we heard a ton of in the 80's from bands like Bon Jovi and Scorpions.

              If it is a ballad like Deep Purple's Mistreated, i will love it to death, but the cheesy ballads of the 80's bands, is not my cup of tea. This is the main reason why i like Black Sabbath and Deep Purple. Both bands, are having a heavy and hard music catalogue and because i understood from my teenage years that life's bitch and hard and is not everything about romance, love and "flower power", i prefer the heavy music stuff and not those friggin' ballads the 80's bringed to us.

              I remember that when i was 13-14 yo, i saw the Live Aid concert and of course i saw Black Sabbath's performance and i was really scared from their looks (black clothing, crosses etc), so i think that even the cruelty and the dark styling generally, is coming with contrast with the more appealing and bright Hair bands style we used in the 80's.

              So Hair bands, won the female audience mostly by the looks and less by the music. The "old guard" of bands, won the crowd by their music and i really prefer to listen to great music which is having something to give me as a listener and i really don't care about the image of the artist. If its good music, it will continue to be great music.

              Music is for the ears, not for the Eyes....
              Last edited by tsimisde; 05-11-2018, 04:00 AM.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by tsimisde View Post
                I will agree with the term "Guy's band" which Ozzy gave to the band. Sabbath's music, it isn't related to Romance, to the bright side of life, is dark and heavy so Sabbath's music style, is unappealing to females in my opinion. Sabbath's catalogue, is not having a plenty of chick-magnet ballads like the ones we heard a ton of in the 80's from bands like Bon Jovi and Scorpions.

                If it is a ballad like Deep Purple's Mistreated, i will love it to death, but the cheesy ballads of the 80's bands, is not my cup of tea. This is the main reason why i like Black Sabbath and Deep Purple. Both bands, are having a heavy and hard music catalogue and because i understood from my teenage years that life's bitch and hard and is not everything about romance, love and "flower power", i prefer the heavy music stuff and not those friggin' ballads the 80's bringed to us.

                I remember that when i was 13-14 yo, i saw the Live Aid concert and of course i saw Black Sabbath's performance and i was really scared from their looks (black clothing, crosses etc), so i think that even the cruelty and the dark styling generally, is coming with contrast with the more appealing and bright Hair bands style we used in the 80's.

                So Hair bands, won the female audience mostly by the looks and less by the music. The "old guard" of bands, won the crowd by their music and i really prefer to listen to great music which is having something to give me as a listener and i really don't care about the image of the artist. If its good music, it will continue to be great music.

                Music is for the ears, not for the Eyes....
                Well said! The hair bands lyrics were tacky at best and the "musical" quality of the compositions was very shallow and canned... it was all about image and MTV... nothing that came after the Golden Age Of Rock … '64-'74 was ever better than what was recorded written and played during those 10 yrs... imo. Van Halen and the rest that ushered in that era, they're music left me bored, the best thing I can say about them was there was some pretty good technicians.. of the guitar, but they played with no soul.
                Last edited by Wicked Cricket; 05-18-2018, 02:43 PM.
                "Music is so sacred to me that I canít hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
                R. Blackmore

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Wicked Cricket View Post
                  Well said! The hair bands lyrics were tacky at best and the "musical" quality of the compositions was very shallow and canned... it was all about image and MTV... nothing that came after the Golden Age Of Rock … '64-'74 was ever better than what was recorded written and played during those 10 yrs... imo. Van Halen and the rest that ushered in that era, they're music left me bored, the best thing I can say about them was there was some pretty good technicians.. of the guitar, but they played with no soul.
                  Also well said .... Good to see you Wicked

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by BACK TO EDEN View Post
                    Also well said .... Good to see you Wicked
                    Thank you Doc hope all is well! I should say there was good music that came later in rock, done by those who were around during the golden age...
                    "Music is so sacred to me that I canít hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
                    R. Blackmore

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X