Announcement

Collapse

Google Ads Question

Hey gang. I just posted something asking about Google Ads on my website. I'd like people's input (and help possibly) on this. Please go over here and have a read:

https://www.black-sabbath.com/vb/for...ads#post645883

--- Joe
See more
See less

Ozzy-Era Female Audience

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Conclusion.... Sabbath is liked by some females(mainly wife's and daughters) cool! Will this increase our changes of getting laid?
    HELL NO!!!
    Vote leave if u want totally cool either way

    Comment


    • #32
      Hey Jeff. I also agree that its a bit unfair that Sabbath are being labelled a 'guys band'. I think the problem with Sabbath is just that they were never as "cool" (read: pretentious) and as big headed as their contemporaries and that makes them more likeable to males. No matter how good of a performer Mick Jagger or Jimmy Page is I somehow don't think I would get along with them as real people. I'm not sexually attracted so what do I care? The guys in Sabbath on the other hand look like they could be my boys. Or AC/DC or Metallica. And once a fanboy always a fan boy. Females often seem to move on with their lives but guys become loyal for life. (I know there are females who are fans for life too, but realistically not as often... not even close. examples: Star Wars, football, etc) So the male fans that accumulate over the years often stay for life and keep growing but something tells me that its not quite the same with females. So it always looks like a majority of the fans are male.

      What bothers me about the press in the 70s is that they portrayed the Sabbath fan as young male stupid and aggressive. The press may have changed their opinion a bit but I'm sure there are lots of Sabbath fans who are hesitant to openly admit it in certain social circles. They are not fashionable. I blame this on those critics and maybe to a greater degree the greasy metal heads of the 80s, the "you better show me respect" frustrated Fred Durst's of the 90s, and whatever shithead followed in the next decade. So was it the fault of the 80s in all its macho glory? Maybe. In every pre-late 70s crowd photo I have ever seen of Sabbath there were always tons of girls.

      When I saw Sabbath in the summer, my only complaint is that there weren't enough young long hairs there. Every other demographic was there except the rockers! But I saw plenty of women young and old. More than Metallica a year before thats for certain. Metallica was all middle aged buzz cut black band tshirt guys. Not my crowd and I stood out like a sore thumb with long hair and tank top skinny jeans sneakers (pretty much like Hetfield in 1986).

      But don't worry Sabbath got plenty of tail back in the day and still do. And as for all this talk that they were "ugly" except Ozzy?! Are you kidding? This forum might be a sausage fest but you guys aren't reading what young girls are saying about Tony and Bill in other parts of the internet. Don't kid yourselves. These guys are worshipped like sex gods. They've been featured in teen girl magazines since 1970.

      Comment


      • #33
        Hey NID I was up in the balcony



        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by princehollow View Post
          Hey Jeff. I also agree that its a bit unfair that Sabbath are being labelled a 'guys band'. I think the problem with Sabbath is just that they were never as "cool" (read: pretentious) and as big headed as their contemporaries and that makes them more likeable to males. No matter how good of a performer Mick Jagger or Jimmy Page is I somehow don't think I would get along with them as real people. I'm not sexually attracted so what do I care? The guys in Sabbath on the other hand look like they could be my boys. Or AC/DC or Metallica. And once a fanboy always a fan boy. Females often seem to move on with their lives but guys become loyal for life. (I know there are females who are fans for life too, but realistically not as often... not even close. examples: Star Wars, football, etc) So the male fans that accumulate over the years often stay for life and keep growing but something tells me that its not quite the same with females. So it always looks like a majority of the fans are male.

          What bothers me about the press in the 70s is that they portrayed the Sabbath fan as young male stupid and aggressive. The press may have changed their opinion a bit but I'm sure there are lots of Sabbath fans who are hesitant to openly admit it in certain social circles. They are not fashionable. I blame this on those critics and maybe to a greater degree the greasy metal heads of the 80s, the "you better show me respect" frustrated Fred Durst's of the 90s, and whatever shithead followed in the next decade. So was it the fault of the 80s in all its macho glory? Maybe. In every pre-late 70s crowd photo I have ever seen of Sabbath there were always tons of girls.

          When I saw Sabbath in the summer, my only complaint is that there weren't enough young long hairs there. Every other demographic was there except the rockers! But I saw plenty of women young and old. More than Metallica a year before thats for certain. Metallica was all middle aged buzz cut black band tshirt guys. Not my crowd and I stood out like a sore thumb with long hair and tank top skinny jeans sneakers (pretty much like Hetfield in 1986).

          But don't worry Sabbath got plenty of tail back in the day and still do. And as for all this talk that they were "ugly" except Ozzy?! Are you kidding? This forum might be a sausage fest but you guys aren't reading what young girls are saying about Tony and Bill in other parts of the internet. Don't kid yourselves. These guys are worshipped like sex gods. They've been featured in teen girl magazines since 1970.
          Definitely some great points!

          And as to your latter comment, I know what you mean. One of the Facebook groups I belong to is a Tony Iommi one, and there are girls on there who drool over him every time a new picture is posted.

          But Sabbath were never "sex symbols" and I suppose that's part of why they had and still have so much credibility with their male audience. It's as you say; they seem like guys you could shoot the breeze with about music and not have them waving their hair back and looking out of the other eye for any girls who might know who they are.
          "It is not opinion that Ozzy peaked on Sabotage, it is a measurable fact."
          -WTB

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by Foul Stench View Post
            Yes, it's historically and currently inaccurate. There are girls and I've seen a black girl who's into Sabbath and I doubt they're the only ones. Even Whoopi Goldberg is a fan ffs. But to slightly amend what I said before, by 'truckers' I pretty much meant the black clad, square jawed type (but there are also some Zack Wylde types). It's a far cry from the colourful hippie pic you posted. Before you had melody, and a whole variety of emotions and it was reflected in the clothes, the attitude. Now it's people in uniform, holding a beer and trying to act tough.
            It's a "tough guy" society to such a vast degree now. I'm sure this rears its head at concerts these days. I rarely attend concerts anymore, but I've no doubt this element exists all too often at "metal" shows.
            "It is not opinion that Ozzy peaked on Sabotage, it is a measurable fact."
            -WTB

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by Jeff View Post
              It's a "tough guy" society to such a vast degree now. I'm sure this rears its head at concerts these days. I rarely attend concerts anymore, but I've no doubt this element exists all too often at "metal" shows.
              Most of the young females in the audience I saw at Sheffield were with their fathers. Stood next to me near the front row was another father with his disabled daughter, mingled amongst these were several people who were obviously under the influence and classical 'freak-like' Sabbath fans, but no hind of violence and it was a very hippified atmosphere, as far as possible in 2013. Black Sabbath fans tend to differ so much I don't think there is a stereotypical BS audience. Perhaps this was not the case in the moshpit at the centre, as I saw many things being thrown about several people stretchered out etc

              It would've helped if the security had allowed the audience to smoke weed, alcohol makes people violent and aggressive.

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by Foul Stench View Post
                Now it's people in uniform, holding a beer and trying to act tough.
                Exactly. This is why I try to distance myself from the metal crowd. Its all about the uniform. All these dudes trying to look the part but in effect they all look like sheep to me. I pretty much have to keep my love of metal secret these days because there is such a stigma that comes with it. Some people dismiss you because of it and others think that you are somehow some kind of crazy rock and roller and expect you to live up to it. And when around metal heads I never let on and only mention all the other kinds of music that I like. Some of these guys think you're only allowed to like metal. Boring.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by princehollow View Post
                  Exactly. This is why I try to distance myself from the metal crowd. Its all about the uniform. All these dudes trying to look the part but in effect they all look like sheep to me. I pretty much have to keep my love of metal secret these days because there is such a stigma that comes with it. Some people dismiss you because of it and others think that you are somehow some kind of crazy rock and roller and expect you to live up to it. And when around metal heads I never let on and only mention all the other kinds of music that I like. Some of these guys think you're only allowed to like metal. Boring.
                  It's funny because my co-worker said to me, when I told him my band is Sabbath, he said you don't look like the Sabbath type, he said to me, "you are the most laid back person I've met"

                  Maybe he thinks I'm suppose to have hair down to my ass, and covered in tattoos, walking around yelling and screaming or something, people are funny though in their stereo typing of people.
                  "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
                  "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
                  ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by Jeff View Post
                    One of the clichés I've seen develop about Black Sabbath through the years is that they are a "guy's band." Don't get me wrong, I think this is true to a fair extent. But find a picture from the front rows one of their US shows in the 70s and the females are not hard to find. Not to mention the numerous bootlegs out there with girls screaming their lungs out. I wonder if this perception sort of developed during the Dio-era? When the promo video came out for EotB I was surprised how many comments seemed to indicate that the audience should be a bunch of sweaty males. Have people who say stuff like this ever been to a Sabbath show with Ozzy?
                    Never seen that pic before in the OP's post! Could you reveal the origin and when it was taken?
                    http://www.youtube.com/user/TheSterlingSound

                    Super animation, turning on a nation
                    And they’re saying all moving parts stand still

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by princehollow View Post
                      Exactly. This is why I try to distance myself from the metal crowd. Its all about the uniform. All these dudes trying to look the part but in effect they all look like sheep to me. I pretty much have to keep my love of metal secret these days because there is such a stigma that comes with it. Some people dismiss you because of it and others think that you are somehow some kind of crazy rock and roller and expect you to live up to it. And when around metal heads I never let on and only mention all the other kinds of music that I like. Some of these guys think you're only allowed to like metal. Boring.
                      Seems like this is much more of an American problem. It really isn't like that over here at all. Ofcourse, your typical Leather & Patches-guy with long, black hair will get his looks from the outermost conservatives, but overall it's a bigger stigma looking like a late 60's/early 70's rocker with beard and hippieish clothes than a metal-head. Belive me, i know.
                      The average metal-fan around here looks just like everybody else, with short hair and straight clothes.

                      Like most of you guys here, i'd imagine...

                      So going to a metal-show, esp. with some of the bigger names, those leather-&-patches guys are very much in minority. Partly because a big part of the crowd are straight-looking metal-fans, but also because a big part are the "in-kids".
                      Last edited by Billy Underdog; 01-19-2014, 08:36 AM.
                      95% of everything i say is pure bullshit just for the fun of it. The other 95% is damn serious!
                      Til árs ok friðar ok forn siðr

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        As a Sabbath-loving high school kid in the seventies, I didn't know any chicks who were into Sabbath. The perception I had was that the average Sabbath fan was a lot like me: kind of a loner, outsider, stoner, and male. Sabbath was definitely a 'dudes only' band in my neck of the woods.
                        In the fields the bodies burning, as the war machine keeps turning.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by sterling#sound View Post
                          Never seen that pic before in the OP's post! Could you reveal the origin and when it was taken?
                          Tuscon, Arizona 3-16-72
                          "It is not opinion that Ozzy peaked on Sabotage, it is a measurable fact."
                          -WTB

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            They were never "sex symbols" fo rsure, but Ozzy was "cute" and chicks wanted to "mother" him... and once Tony got a real haircut, we saw a handsome guy under that former poodle cut...Zep was the chick band, with cock rocker Robert strutting his stuff (in very tight jeans) singing about lemon juice and giving her every inch of his love "all night long" .... The Stones had Mick, etc etc... but yea, back in the day, the 70's people didn't go to gigs in leather biker gear... that was an 80's thing... the gay underground brought to light by Judas Preist and the likes... yuk! I'm not sure w.t.h. this thread is about but Sabbath's sex appeal, if their was any was Ozzy...
                            "Music is so sacred to me that I can’t hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
                            R. Blackmore

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by Wicked Cricket View Post
                              They were never "sex symbols" fo rsure, but Ozzy was "cute" and chicks wanted to "mother" him... and once Tony got a real haircut, we saw a handsome guy under that former poodle cut...Zep was the chick band, with cock rocker Robert strutting his stuff (in very tight jeans) singing about lemon juice and giving her every inch of his love "all night long" .... The Stones had Mick, etc etc... but yea, back in the day, the 70's people didn't go to gigs in leather biker gear... that was an 80's thing... the gay underground brought to light by Judas Preist and the likes... yuk! I'm not sure w.t.h. this thread is about but Sabbath's sex appeal, if their was any was Ozzy...
                              Yup..........and I agree, this thread is on the bizarre side.
                              Last edited by Now in Darkness; 01-20-2014, 08:21 AM.
                              Casting his shadow, weaving his spell, funny clothes, tinkling bell.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by Jeff View Post
                                This is part of the front row in Santa Monica, Sept. 4, 1975. Five songs from this show were broadcast on "Don Kirshner's Rock Concert." Notice not only females but the way people are dressed. Wouldn't standard rock history writers have you believe that everybody should be in leather?

                                http://i608.photobucket.com/albums/t...psea96835c.jpg
                                People didn't "dress" in gay biker gear Jeff in those days... I know, I was there! That's an 80's thing, the queer black leather and studded arm bands, so "metal" LOL! The 70's was the real deal, the 80's was over eggagerated male macho and fantasy female masterbation wanking, just like most of the music!
                                "Music is so sacred to me that I can’t hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
                                R. Blackmore

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X