X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damian
    replied
    Originally posted by Billy Underdog View Post
    I did move on with that reply. Yes, i've been part of the derailing of this thread (and you know why), but i've also tried time and again to steer back to topic over the last 5 pages. There's others who haven't touched upon the topic at all, more than 32 posts, so why attack me and not them?
    Seeing that you're still ignoring my latest PM it seems like you've got some grudge towards me. Why?
    Got your PM, I'm focusing on what is happening right now, to get the topic back. You would rather not, I get it. Others are getting flak, Billy, not just you. Bannings, warnings, infractions, but you are so far, unscathed. Can you remain so, and kindly move on? Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• William_the_Bloody
    replied
    Damien: I can't reply to your message?

Leave a comment:

• Billy Underdog
    replied
    Originally posted by Damian View Post
    More than imaginable, Billy. I counted 32 posts in a row without any mention of the topic at all, right before your incredulous one. That is not a conversation turn, its a NEW TOPIC.
    If you have no desire to set it back, you were given an option to "answer" the previous post in a NEW THREAD. Link to it if you want, but don't act like you are somehow being repressed around here. You have gotten away with much more then most and you know this. If what you shared with me in PM is what you really want for this thread, you are going about it the wrong way. Please move on.
    I did try to move on with that reply. Yes, i've been part of the derailing of this thread (and you know why), but i've also tried time and again to steer back to topic over the last 5 pages. There's others who haven't touched upon the topic at all, more than 32 posts, so why attack me and not them?
    Seeing that you're still ignoring my latest PM it seems like you've got some grudge towards me. Why?
    Last edited by Billy Underdog; 02-07-2018, 12:56 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Damian
    replied
    More than imaginable, Billy. I counted 32 posts in a row without any mention of the topic at all, right before your incredulous one. That is not a conversation turn, its a NEW TOPIC.
    If you have no desire to set it back, you were given an option to "answer" the previous post in a NEW THREAD. Link to it if you want, but don't act like you are somehow being repressed around here. You have gotten away with much more then most and you know this. If what you shared with me in PM is what you really want for this thread, you are going about it the wrong way. Please move on.

Leave a comment:

• Billy Underdog
    replied
    Originally posted by zzzptm View Post
    Did you know that "Crazy Train" uses the same bass line at the opening as does "Papa Was a Rolling Stone" by The Temptations?
    I'd like to answer that, but i can't... The fact that talking about one thing quickly can turn the conversation into something else is unimaginable.

Leave a comment:

• Damian
    replied
    Guys, please start yet another thread on "Ozzy's voice quality discussion" if you want to continue this. Unless you are going with an "Ozzy's cracking voice keeps female listeners away" or "Ozzy's voice is what got women into Sabbath" or something related to the topic, lets move on. The banter itself is fine, its just in the wrong place. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• William_the_Bloody
    replied
    There's a HUGE difference between watching/listening to recordings and actually being there. He sounds ALOT better there and then than on any recordings, including official pro (fixed) stuff. The sheer volume and the whole atmosphere ofcourse helps matters, but atleast that's my experience from both Sabbath and solo gigs...
    And he was alot better on both the Ozzy & Friends thing (that was the replacement of the Sabbath tour that got cancelled when Tony first got diagnosed) and the 13 and The End tours than he did on the Black Rain tour, so he've become better the last 10 years than he've been since the 90's.
    1. Agree he was better on Ozzy & Friends, which I found offensive, quite frankly. "I'm going to try harder for my Solo thing with my name on it versus the Sabbath stuff where I don't make as much money." I really feel that was the attitude there. I know that means I paint Ozzy in a rather sinister light, and I feel bad for that, but I've always felt that super-humble "I'm just a bloke from Birmy, you know, mate..." routine was kind of fake.

2. I've heard this argument before "You had to be there, bro..." but IMO this simply means that a spell, of sorts, is cast, an audible glamour, if you will. I liken a good, clear boot to turning on the house lights at 2am at the strip bar. You really see what's going on, and it ain't good most of the time.

It's a bit like saying that in a group of people that thinks 2+4 = 18, I will be convinced that 2+4=18. But A. Why would I want to be convinced of that? and B. It doesn't, no matter how many people's good vibes bleed into my aura.

Warble/Crack Ozzy just isn't for me. I'm not going to shell out money for a singer who can't sing. There are PLENTY of singers out there who are amazing that can't catch a break while 70 year old picks pockets because nostalgia.

Even "13" which I quite like...you still wish Ozzy could up the energy a little bit.

Leave a comment:

• Billy Underdog
    replied
    Originally posted by William_the_Bloody View Post
    It's not like that at all, because boots and youtube videos are freely available, and I've listened to many.

Ozzy can't sing anymore, and not for a long time, and what little singing he does he does in an awful, muddy key.

You're laughing at ME? You're the one handing over your money to have your ears molested by that noise.

Sure, the band is fantastic, but some warbling tone deaf wagon-faller-offer up there out of his mind vocally urinating on the songs I love really takes me out of the experience.

Now if I were deaf and wanted to see a 70 year old do jumping jacks on stage, I guess I'd be writing a check.
    There's a HUGE difference between watching/listening to recordings and actually being there. He sounds ALOT better there and then than on any recordings, including official pro (fixed) stuff. The sheer volume and the whole atmosphere ofcourse helps matters, but atleast that's my experience from both Sabbath and solo gigs...
    And he was alot better on both the Ozzy & Friends thing (that was the replacement of the Sabbath tour that got cancelled when Tony first got diagnosed) and the 13 and The End tours than he did on the Black Rain tour, so he've become better the last 10 years than he've been since the 90's.
    Last edited by Billy Underdog; 02-07-2018, 11:12 AM.

Leave a comment:

• OzzyIsDio
    replied
    I'm not exactly sure how I knew, but I did, that you might take that position.

The question always remains: can you not hear the cracking and the off-keyness and the massively dropped key, or do you willfully ignore it in order to have a good time?

I'm pitch-perfect (or at least was, I'm getting a little Ozzy myself in my advancing age) (note: I can't sing pitch perfect but I hear pitch perfect and can imagine the correct pitch and tune to it straight out of my head) and when someone is off-key it is like nails on a blackboard.
    I love Ozzy’s voice just the way it is Will, really I’m obsessed with him.

Leave a comment:

• William_the_Bloody
    replied
    Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
    I think Ozzy still sounds great, always has.
    I'm not exactly sure how I knew, but I did, that you might take that position.

The question always remains: can you not hear the cracking and the off-keyness and the massively dropped key, or do you willfully ignore it in order to have a good time?

I'm pitch-perfect (or at least was, I'm getting a little Ozzy myself in my advancing age) (note: I can't sing pitch perfect but I hear pitch perfect and can imagine the correct pitch and tune to it straight out of my head) and when someone is off-key it is like nails on a blackboard.

Leave a comment:

• William_the_Bloody
    replied
    Now if I were deaf and wanted to see a 70 year old do jumping jacks on stage,
    Sorry, that should read *half-hearted jumping jacks* please accept my correction.

Leave a comment:

• OzzyIsDio
    replied
    It's not like that at all, because boots and youtube videos are freely available, and I've listened to many.

Ozzy can't sing anymore, and not for a long time, and what little singing he does he does in an awful, muddy key.

You're laughing at ME? You're the one handing over your money to have your ears molested by that noise.

Sure, the band is fantastic, but some warbling tone deaf wagon-faller-offer up there out of his mind vocally urinating on the songs I love really takes me out of the experience.

Now if I were deaf and wanted to see a 70 year old do jumping jacks on stage, I guess I'd be writing a check.

On the other hand, I'm really pissed at myself for not seeing Heaven and Hell when I had the chance. However, I've had a good fill of live Dio and I didn't really think the setlist would compare to what I saw at "Master of the Moon" tour in an intimate setting.

Anyway, laugh all you like, it's like when my Daughter makes fun of me because I don't like Taylor Swift. (Much)

I think Ozzy still sounds great, always has.

Leave a comment:

• zzzptm
    replied
    I ofcourse forget many too, and if any of us were to mention every single band, we'd spend the night derailing an already crazy off-the-rails train
    Did you know that "Crazy Train" uses the same bass line at the opening as does "Papa Was a Rolling Stone" by The Temptations?

If I go off-topic, I do it with a first-class ticket.

Leave a comment:

• William_the_Bloody
    replied
    Originally posted by hipster doofus View Post
    I'm still laughing at this little nugget of a quote, particularly after seeing you trash Ozzy on Blabbermouth as often as you can. It's just so...typical internet guy. "Hey, I stopped watching (insert TV show here) 6 seasons ago because it's stupid, but I just saw a commercial and lemme tell ya what I think!"

On the other hand, I'm really pissed at myself for not seeing Heaven and Hell when I had the chance. However, I've had a good fill of live Dio and I didn't really think the setlist would compare to what I saw at "Master of the Moon" tour in an intimate setting.

Anyway, laugh all you like, it's like when my Daughter makes fun of me because I don't like Taylor Swift. (Much)

Leave a comment:

• Billy Underdog
    replied
    Originally posted by Sabbabbath View Post
    When I have to list bands that I like, I always forget some. That's what happened with Pink Floyd when I listed bands above. I would include several DP songs too, and uncounted songs of uncounted other bands. I know you don't like RJD's vocal style, and that's fine, but I do, and if I have to do withpit the H&H album, then at least Rainbow Rising has to be included. :-)
    I ofcourse forget many too, and if any of us were to mention every single band, we'd spend the night derailing an already crazy off-the-rails train

Leave a comment:

Working...
X