Another ozz fronted sab album?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another ozz fronted sab album?

Last poll for a while now but can you guys see another ozz fronted original sabbath album happening?
    I can simply because.....
    13 was a SMASH!, love it or loath it the album in today's age was a bona fide old school album selling HIT!,
    The guys are having a great time together, that's obvious to see in interviews and on stage.
    The fans want more and the more hardcore fans want to see them do even better than 13(which they could easily do)
    Do the ozz solo fans really wanna stomach another scream after 13?... Fucking doubt it!
    Sharon is involved, love her or loath her she knows what's right for her husband and if another sabbath album is commercially viable then god damm another sabbath album is what we're gonna get!.. Get bill back this time please
    So my vote(health permitting) is a yes.
    I truely feel we'll be blessed with another ozzy fronted sabbath album
    Yes
    83.87%
    No
    16.13%
    Vote leave if u want totally cool either way

I'd love to be optimistic, but I'm not sure. 13 had to it a sense of closure when they added the rain storm track at the end of "Dear Father" the same way their first album began. Not sure if that was the intent to make it feel like their last album, but even under best circumstances, look how long and how many hoops to jump through it took just to get 13 in our hands. After 'Reunion' the feeling was a new Sabbath album was on the horizon, but we were over a decade off, not including "The Devil You Know".

So, I have no idea. I'd love there to be another one because Tony Iommi has never disappointed me. If 13 was intended as their last album, I can accept that. It is a great work. However, even if it's not intended to be their last album, I still have some reservations as if another one will be made while they're all able to do it.

Comment

True amigo,
      But that rain n thunder sample was something Rubin added and not the band themselves.
      Give us one more pls chaps
      Vote leave if u want totally cool either way

Comment

Originally posted by Spiralarchitectx1 View Post
        True amigo,
        But that rain n thunder sample was something Rubin added and not the band themselves.
        Give us one more pls chaps
        Yeah, I would think if Black Sabbath were to have their last album planned out, they would promote it as such and there was no real mention of '13' ever being their last record.

Comment

I don't see Ozzy making another decent solo album so yeah I hope whatever new music he makes is with the Sabbath guys.

While I don't think 13 was amazing, it's leagues ahead of Ozzy's recent "nu metal" sounding albums...and with 13 done and dusted perhaps they will be freed up to get really creative on a new album.

I would be OK with no more touring though, or very select performances.

Comment

It would be great if there is another Ozzy Black Sabbath album, especially if Bill is back in the studio with the boys. They seem to be having fun and 13 was a huge financial success. I would like to see another Ozzy solo album, however I would easily prefer a Sabbath album. They can set the pace for a limited tour.

Comment

I voted yes, while Ozzy's last few albums are still better than most garbage out there, I'd rather he stay with Sabbath where he belongs, and yes bring Bill back into the fold, so we can have a genuine, original Sab four Black Sabbath album.

If they don't then I'm happy as well, because 13 was one great album.
              "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
              "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
              ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

Of course I'd like to see another studio album.

But, instead of using the Rick Rubin "follow-up up to the debut back to the basics" approach.. which was great ... I'd like to see them go with a more modern "what we sound like today" approach.. Get Bob Marlette to co-produce and make a major, modern, wall of sound studio production.

But either way.. whatever they do will be great.

Comment

I think we'll see another album regardless of whether they enter the studio again. I fully expect to see the 4 unreleased songs released in some form after the tour ends. My guess is they'll combine them with the rumored expanded versions of Peace of Mind and Damaged Soul as well as NIB (which was only on the Best Buy version) and perhaps the other two bonus tracks. This way they can release a full album of songs not included on the official 13 disk without having to do anything!
                  In the fields the bodies burning, as the war machine keeps turning.

Comment

I would love to see a new album. And if Bill can get his shit together, and wants to play with them, i want him on the album too. If they use Rick Rubin again, i don't want him interfering with the writing process this time so they can come up with something that isn't so rooted in the past. I can't see the guys doing another big tour though.

Comment

Originally posted by Foul Stench View Post
                      I think it's time that Ozzy went his way, so that Tony can expand a bit. The reunion was responsible for ending the long run for Sabbath in 95 and Gillan really injected something fairly fresh in Who Cares. I'm for more of that, or even a new singer.
                      I think you are trying to be divisive Foul Stench, this reunion and album is every Sabbath fans dream come true, the only thing that could put that over the top and better it, is if Bill would've been on the album, which he's not so can't go back and change the past.

As for the future, another album with the original Sab Four.
                      "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
                      "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"

Comment

I think it's time that Ozzy went his way, so that Tony can expand a bit. The reunion was responsible for ending the long run for Sabbath in 95 and Gillan really injected something fairly fresh in Who Cares. I'm for more of that, or even a new singer.
                        Tony had 35 years to expand without Ozzy.

Comment

Originally posted by mds View Post
                          Tony had 35 years to expand without Ozzy.
                          Exactly right and true my friend.

Comment

Are you for real?

Comment

As much as I like 13... I know Black Sabbath can make a better album than 13

I'd like to hear an old school sounding Black Sabbath album with songs similar to Megalomania, Jack The Stripper/Fairies Wear Boots and The Wizard

Comment

Working...
                              X