Proof that early 2000's Demos Do Exist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lex View Post
    Thanks Mike, I really enjoyed Scary Dreams so for me I'd totally love to hear these. I guess even throwaways from the masters are better than what else is out there for us die hards! Do you know if they have worked out in what format they plan on releasing the 13 outtakes? Or if they still indend on it at all? Thanks. for all of your insight, appreciate it.
    Now THESE are questions that matter!! Mike have you heard anything about on your end about a possible release of the final 4 tracks? All the guys did say just before the 13 release that they intend to release all 16 songs at some point.

Any update would be amazing!!!

Thanks for spending some time with us.
    www.downtrendmetal.com

Comment

Originally posted by axeman_12656 View Post
      Now THESE are questions that matter!! Mike have you heard anything about on your end about a possible release of the final 4 tracks? All the guys did say just before the 13 release that they intend to release all 16 songs at some point.

Any update would be amazing!!!

Thanks for spending some time with us.
      My pleasure, sorry I had to sleep!!

All I know is that they are focused on the tour at the moment and I'm sure that they are chatting about things. The songs are a little less consistent with the vibe of 13 but I feel they represent a 2011 version of the band. Whether they form the basis of a new record or just some extra tracks is yet to unfold.

I'm not being evasive, I just don't know

I will be gently suggesting ideas every time I see Big Tone. I hope we can maintain the majestic nature of these songs through the process!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mike.x View Post

All I know is that they are focused on the tour at the moment and I'm sure that they are chatting about things. The songs are a little less consistent with the vibe of 13 but I feel they represent a 2011 version of the band. Whether they form the basis of a new record or just some extra tracks is yet to unfold.

I will be gently suggesting ideas every time I see Big Tone. I hope we can maintain the majestic nature of these songs through the process!!!
        THANKS for the your comments mike.x!!!!!

That is great news that the songs are a bit different from the rest of the 13 songs. I hope Black Sabbath makes a new album. Ozzy seems to be a workaholic and I'd much rather buy a new Black Sabbath album than a new Ozzy solo album.

When you talk to Tony please thank him for all he does everyday to stay healthy and for entertaining us for decades and I hope he is feeling awesome these days! Thanks mike.x

Comment

Originally posted by mike.x View Post

Thanks for the info Mike... Sometimes no information is the only information there is.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for them. Personaly I think an EP release of the 4 would be a great idea. Rick Rubin and Metallica did that with Death Magnetic and it went over really well. And to be honest EP's are kind of becoming the nature of the beast again. Seeing a lot more of those type of releases. I think you mentioned before that 1 of those tracks is kind of of the epic nature coming in around 7 minutes. That would make for a great single to promote the EP.

Wishful thinking.
          www.downtrendmetal.com

Comment

I don't think there was ever any doubt that the demos existed. All bands record demos of songs before they are recorded for an album.
            It's just that they've have never been released or ended up in the hands of bootleggers or traders.

Comment

Originally posted by KyotoCarl View Post
              I don't think there was ever any doubt that the demos existed. All bands record demos of songs before they are recorded for an album.
              It's just that they've have never been released or ended up in the hands of bootleggers or traders.
              Exactly! I'm surprised that the haven't turned up on u-tube by now.

Comment

Will these demos with Bill Ward ever be released?
                "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
                "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
                ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

Working...
                X